• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

steve davidsons product

..... yes there was late movement in this game but all lays matched and tucked away for another day. No a bad little system the Silver Goal method.
So 2pts gained tonight and the total is now 2.00pts.

I am going to try to set up an automation for the Silver Goal method... I will trial create/test/tweak it using tonight's Europa league games ahead of the weekend games. Does the system suggest any specific leagues or other stats to use other than a half-time score of 1-0 or 0-1 ?

paulb164 paulb164 .... No specific leagues mentioned.
Half time score to be 0-1 or 1-0
No goals scored in the second half so far.
Amount matched to be £5k+

and that's it, plain and simple. ;)

OK thanks. I have created an automation, and am testing it on 4 games currently playing - my intention is to pick games where I think both teams will likely score, set the automation and to then forget it to manage itself. I expect most games will have other scorelines other than 0-1 or 1-0 by half-time, so no bets should be placed.
the 4 games I am testing it on are;
Arsenal v E Frankfurt
Lazio v CFR Cluj
Sevilla v Quarabag
Sporting v PSV (this is already 2-0, so shouldn't have any bets placed at half time)

..... interesting Paul will be good to see how it works against manual placing. Will look out for it and a great idea! :)

OK thanks. I have created an automation, and am testing it on 4 games currently playing - my intention is to pick games where I think both teams will likely score, set the automation and to then forget it to manage itself. I expect most games will have other scorelines other than 0-1 or 1-0 by half-time, so no bets should be placed.
the 4 games I am testing it on are;
Arsenal v E Frankfurt
Lazio v CFR Cluj
Sevilla v Quarabag
Sporting v PSV (this is already 2-0, so shouldn't have any bets placed at half time)
I thought that it might be worth including the 0-0 in it as well, which then captured the Sevilla game. Fortunately it did, and with £2 wagers I'm just down £4 with the Lazio game letting me down with no goals in the 2nd half. It took the full £6, but I recouped £2 of it with the Sevilla game.
At least I now know that the automation works... wasn't too keen on testing it on cup games, but used small stakes so thought it was worth trying it out to make sure the automation worked properly. Will test it further on the Friday/weekend games as well

Last edited:
...... very interested Paul. Don't think tonight was a true reflection of the best games to be on offer for this type of strategy. Will be interesting to see the continuance stages. :)

...... very interested Paul. Don't think tonight was a true reflection of the best games to be on offer for this type of strategy. Will be interesting to see the continuance stages. :)
LOL - yep... especially since I made such a big point of the ptfalls of betting on cup games elsewhere on this site !

I have to say, I'm not a fan of this method as it stands... the rules seem to be a bit loose for my liking. I suspect that there'll be quite a few games in low-scoring leagues where matches go into the break with just a single goal scored, and no more for the rest of the match. I guess the fact that £5k+ already placed on the market is supposed to indicate support backing for goals, but I'm not convinced that other stats couldn't also be used. For me to be comfortable with using this system regularly, I would perhaps only use games from good-scoring leagues, and maybe use predictions from a stat site where they might predict say a 2-1, 3-1 or 2-2 result ?

Last edited:
there are 8 games in the traditionally high-scoring Dutch Eerste league tonight - I'll run the automated system on all of them and see how it fares :pray:

There were a couple of qualifiers by half time, but unfortunately the automation (which uses the odds as an indicator to what bets to place) didn't trigger on one of them, and the other had a goal within a few minutes of the restart. The triggers are set for matches with a goal expectation slightly lower, so I need to adjust them slightly within the rules to work. I'll try it out again on another league today - German Bundesliga, which is another high-scoring league.

.... I did note that there were only two qualifiers and one of them scored very early on in the second half. That in itself knocks the numbers down and also early goals don't help. I used to use this method by just laying the current score at 2.00 and then you often either got the winner or no bet due to the timing of the goals. :)

The Hoffenheim v Dusseldorf game triggered properly with a HT score of 1-0... unfortunately still waiting for that 2nd goal now at 75 mins with one bet accepted, and the 2nd one just about to be...

Koln v Augsburg also went into HT with a single goal, but the automation triggers didn't work because Betfair had the HT period set as suspended ? Not sure why as it is an in-play match. Just as well I suspect, as it is still got just a single goal in it, with both sides receiving a red card each !

Last edited:
Back