• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Stats based Guesses

Emptymind

Filly
Kempton 2.25pm Wow William 8/1 — cashed out took 11/1
The merits of backing Mark Todd horses have been explored on this thread earlier. This one ran very well over CD as a 2 yr old in December. It ran in the faster division pace setting before fading. The first three ran faster times than the earlier race. Yet the 2nd and third came out to win from that slower heat, A winner has come out of Wow Williams heat.

Steady in Market 12s - different tactics employed held up- seemed ok with that. stayed on hidden by jockey in the pack--still won after the line -'won the gallop out' so lots of energy left he couldnt hide that.

Last edited:

tacker

Mare
Kempton 2.55pm Chloellie 10/1

This is the third time I’ve put Chloellie up. See thread for details. Tomorrow it’s got no excuses everything is perfect. Perfect draw in 1 big field so gets a pace to run at. Even down in grade.
I've got to take you on here Emptymind Emptymind with SHAKABOOAH who was a very unlucky loser lto , no point repeating what i said on this thread that day and a bad draw to contend with tomorrow, bet365 go 6/1 which is a lot shorter than last time.
good luck.

Emptymind

Filly
Done Horn of Plenty 5/1 4.40pm Newcastle
surprised it’s this big. Loves Tapeta as does its sire. 30% plus staying events on Tapeta 3yo+

I think you have jumped too early Emptymind Emptymind

I've backed it @14/1 which I thought was a great price but now available @16/1.

I've saved on Swissal who was due to run at the cancelled meeting at Chelmsford and Lacan, although wide draw is a concern.

Shakabooah was also in the cancelled race, but I'm surprised he's not sticking to a 0-55 for it's next run.

It's interesting Appleby has enterered the winner in a 0-55 on Thursday.

mick

Sire
Kempton 2.55pm Chloellie 10/1 cashed out took 14/1

This is the third time I’ve put Chloellie up. See thread for details. Tomorrow it’s got no excuses everything is perfect. Perfect draw in 1 big field so gets a pace to run at. Even down in grade.
Interesting because she was my only possible for tomorrow and the current 16/1 is certainly tempting but i am going to stay with my earlier conclusion to swerve. This is based on several little niggles. I would question if that 1 box will best suit or the 10 day return. The rider who admittedly is currently going well can do 7-11 so > a stone of dead weight involved and looking at his course stats has not yet got the hang of riding Kemp although i will give him a positive Re his rides for Jenkins.

Having said the above she was the only one i could case in the race and i will be pleased to be proved wrong on your behalf. :)

Last edited:

Emptymind

Filly
Gone off 5//1 and 6//1 last two races Has Chloellie. Money was steady in the afternoon and kept coming up to the off both times. I’ve been matched at 17 on bf. He should be in position at the cut away to hold that rail position and come late. It’s not like you get blocked off like other tracks.

mick

Sire
F Frontrunner and all generally if i cannot offer positive comment Re another members work then i say nothing, but in this instance the Mare was my only possible for today and i had been pondering her chance since the 4 day decs. My comment about the draw was down to concerns that while positive off the stats would it suit her running style. ? Anyway i sincerely hope a fuss over nothing and that she does the job for Emptymind Emptymind & doomster doomster and should this prove so i will be at the front of the queue Re offering congrats. :)

Emptymind

Filly
mick mick Interesting idea dead weight. I would love to analyse it. How do you go about it? Do you use the figure of lowest riding weight done so far? Then subtract that from the horses mark. If so is that info easy to find?

Emptymind

Filly
mick mick any thoughts on Oisin Mcsweeney he rides The Great Heir in the 6.40 I liked its chances until i saw this riding record. Much dead weight there? I'm quite confident about Kapono otherwise. The other one is Saisons Dor that one goes well off a break here. Twice 2nd both times beaten a neck following a break. Thats the tricast sorted.

Well got the forecast which saved the day.

Last edited:

mick

Sire
mick mick Interesting idea dead weight. I would love to analyse it. How do you go about it? Do you use the figure of lowest riding weight done so far? Then subtract that from the horses mark. If so is that info easy to find?
Its an aspect i have been investigating for the past couple of years specifically when applied to young apprentice riders. I source the info from the BHA and RP ( who sometimes disagree) and yes the best which can be gleaned is lowest riding weight during the past year. I tend to feel negative when this equates to a stone or more DW involved. Tbh i have yet to draw any firm conclusions because when i implemented this last year it helped me swerve a few losers but also cost me a couple of good winners.

So as matters stand the jury is still out. What i do know is that if i owned one who would be running serious brakes off if it had 9-10 i would not be putting up a natural light weight apprentice but would feel interested in using a heavy one. :)

mick

Sire
mick mick any thoughts on Oisin Mcsweeney he rides The Great Heir in the 6.40 I liked its chances until i saw this riding record. Much dead weight there? I'm quite confident about Kapono otherwise. The other one is Saisons Dor that one goes well off a break here. Twice 2nd both times beaten a neck following a break. Thats the tricast sorted.
I have just optimized my RI data base which deletes all of todays cards so regret i cannot comment. :eek:

My name is Thore Hammer Hansen I am originally from Cologne, Germany. Born 17 October 1999. Growing up I always aspired to be like my father Lennart Hammer Hansen who rode over 1,000 winners during his career, including 4 derbys and a group 1.

Although he had an outstanding career he currently trains back home in Germany. So yes I have always wanted to have a successful career riding, there has never been an alternative.
What training route did you take to become an apprentice?
The training route I took started out at home, riding out for small local trainers and then with an amateur license riding for my father when he started training. I went onto Andre Fabre in Chantilly, France to progress my riding and overall knowledge for horses, which was an amazing experience before I came over to Richard Hannon in September 2017 and got my apprentice license in January 2018.
How did the job with Richard Hannon come about?
I got the job at Richard Hannon Racing through William Buick, who is friends with my father and also originates from Scandinavia. He recommended Richard Hannon to be a great place for apprentices, of which I am grateful as it has opened many opportunities for me.
img_20190331_125253591912540966945101.jpg

You have recently reduced your claim to 5Lb, what was your favourite winner to date?
I have had many special moments and some good winners so far and I appreciate every one of them but I think my winner on Rouge on the day of The Coral Eclipse in 2018 would be my favorite to date, a day I won’t forget in a while.
To ride a winner in front of such a big crowd was amazing and especially on a horse with his character.
Do you set a target per season and would you like to lose your claim or become Champion Apprentice?
This seasons target is to reduce my claim to 3lb and whatever comes on top of that would be a great bonus. My biggest dream is to become champion apprentice if it comes true is written in the stars, but I have been working really hard over the winter to get closer to that dream.
img_20190331_1252592527567949792250443.jpg

What are your aims for the future? And if you could pick one Classic to win, which would it be?
My aim for the future is to be the first jockey to a big yard or owner and ride as many winners as possible. I think it’s every jockeys biggest wish to ride a classic winner but for me the Derby is the one race I would like to win the most, as I see it as the ultimate race.
If you could ride any horse PAST or PRESENT, who would it be & why?
If I could pick any horse to ride it would have to be Frankel he is the best horse I have ever seen, the way he won the Guineas made him look a different class, giving the best performance I have ever seen in a race.
Frankel-679x1024
Frankel
Finally, can you give our readers a horse to follow for the flat season ahead?

We have many promising young horses for this season, but Walkinthesand is the one horse in the yard that has caught my eye. He has grown a lot stronger over the winter and will only improve throughout the season.
We would like to thank Thore for this time and wish him all the best for the season and the future ahead. We look forward to seeing him in the winners enclosure and the future looks bright for this Rising Star….
Interview by Rich Williams
Photos courtesy of Thore Hammer Hansen(Except Frankel-File)

My biggest question re Apprentice claims is how do we assess a claimer riding for their an outside stable ?

There must be the occasional occurrence were these claimers are simply gaining experience and are expected to retain their claim for the retained stable.