• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

South African Racing

Sean

Sire
I've done my own ratings for the racing in South Africa for years now , and overall i'd say they do pretty well .. recently have started to try and select what i would consider the best bets from those , alongside a few other things like course form etc , as well as the races where i think theres a good chance of getting the forecast (and / or tricast) ... thought i would post them up

Wednesday 6th December - Greyville

Best Bets
1.25 Bedazzled Joker 7/2
2.00 Marsanne 5/2
2.35 Knight Warrior 11/2

Races / Horses for FC
12.50 Gentlemans Wager / Galway / Run To Denmark
1.25 Bedazzled Joker / Truly Wicked / Cool Runnings / Living Waters
2.35 Maa Nonu / Roys Magic / Knight Warrior

I've done my own ratings for the racing in South Africa for years now , and overall i'd say they do pretty well .. recently have started to try and select what i would consider the best bets from those , alongside a few other things like course form etc , as well as the races where i think theres a good chance of getting the forecast (and / or tricast) ... thought i would post them up
I used to do the bet that is very popular in SA, forgot its name but it was bit like dutching - think you had 3 in the bet - it was only available over here on the Tote but when Fred took over my account was suspended and stopped - but the form did work out and there were some decent web sites for info.

I did have some sites for SA racing as well as Aussie racing , in depths ones but when i changed laptops i forgot to write down the urls lol .. like i say have done the ratings for SA for years , as well as the bigger overseas meetings Breeders Cup , Melbourne Cup , Meydan etc .. and they do pretty well , just got fed up posting on sites i was a member of as no one seemed interested

Wednesday 6th December - Greyville

Best Bets
1.25 Bedazzled Joker 7/2 3rd
2.00 Marsanne 5/2 3rd
2.35 Knight Warrior 11/2 Unplaced

Races / Horses for FC
12.50 Gentlemans Wager / Galway :handgestures-thumbup: 1st 3/1 / Run To Denmark 2nd 5/1 (EX 20.00)
1.25 Bedazzled Joker 3rd / Truly Wicked / Cool Runnings / Living Waters
2.35 Maa Nonu 2nd / Roys Magic / Knight Warrior

Last edited:
Not great but not a total washout , two placers for the best bets and one of the three forecast races comes in

Hi Mark. When do you do your ratings? How you you decide what are the best selections? Sorry if that’s a really stupid question.

Hi Mark. When do you do your ratings? How you you decide what are the best selections? Sorry if that’s a really stupid question.

Mark ?

I do my ratings the night before , then i look at things like course form etc and go from there

No probs Emptymind Emptymind , i like me overseas racing , i sometimes rate the Yank racing but not often , i may start doing that more as im finding your thread an interesting read

Thursday 7th January - Vaal

Best Bets
11.35 Magical Flight
1.53 Eagle Alley
2.23 Bartholomeus

Races / Horses For FC
11.35 Magical Flight / Kay Tee Perry / Chloris
2.23 Bartholomeus / Making A Scene / Have A Go Jo / Grazinginthegrass

Thursday 7th January - Vaal

Best Bets
11.35 Magical Flight 2nd 4/5
1.53 Eagle Alley Non Runner
2.23 Bartholomeus Non Runner

Races / Horses For FC
11.35 Magical Flight 2nd 4/5 / Kay Tee Perry :handgestures-thumbup: 1st 6/4 / Chloris NR (EX 3.90)
2.23 Bartholomeus NR / Making A Scene / Have A Go Jo NR / Grazinginthegrass

A day of non runners really

Friday 8th January - Kenilworth

Best Bets
11.10 White Rose
2.55 Celtic Sea
3.35 Alpha Papa

Best Races For FC
2.55 Celtic Sea / Pretty Young Thing / Hello Winter Hello / Favorita

Back