• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Something different.

Sigster

Gelding
A few years ago, when I had more time on my hands I used to go through the cards race by race and attempt to “see” patterns using Track,Distance,Handicap Type,Class,Age restrictions, and then looking at the current month and the trainers. Sometimes things stood out, like trainers farming particular races, or favouring tracks at times of the year. It was never an exact science and was open to a huge amount of personal interpretation, Particularly in looking for something worth betting on. What I did enjoy most about it(and i had a reasonable amount of success at it) was in finding horses that were a good each way Price who then went and won their races.

With a bit of time on my hands while waiting for the early morning drizzle to clear I’ve had a look at today’s card, and for better or worse this is what I’ve come up with :eek:

Lingfield 6:20 Ring Out The Bells 10/1 Betvictor e/w
Roscommon 8:00 Cadmium. 8/11 Skybet win
Roscommon 8:30 Aranhill Chief 16/1 Coral e/w
Southwell 7:10 Best Practice. 12/1 Skybet e/w
Thirst 3:45 Fleetfoot Jack. 6/1 Coral win

Real life has kept me away from the horses for quite some time but hopefully, when time permits I can start to find a bit of form again ....

Much of a muchness ........ and the muchness was pretty poor. An inauspicious start. Fractionally under 3 1/2 points down. Ring out the bells went off at 4/1 so I wasn’t the only one expecting more but the rest ran to their odds including Cadmium, the only winner , meaning Willie Mullins has won that particularly race three years in a row now. Unwisely for yesterday I steered clear of Dan Skelton at Southwell who had the first three winners there, a course he generally does quite well at.

Today’s darts in the general direction of the board......

Chelmsford 5:20 Ace Ventura 4/1 Coral win
Haydock 4:40 African Jazz 3/1 Bet365 win
Kempton 8:40 Portledge 9/1 Bet365 win
Punchestown 5:50 Milsean 16/1 Bet365 e/w
Yarmouth 3:00 Deputise 9/4 Bet365 win
Yarmouth 4:00 Players Luck 9/2 Skybet win

Back