• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Snooker

..... hey, I watched the last three frames of Stephen Hendry's match last night and wished I had gone to bed earlier. Absolute dross, it ended up 3-2 to Hendry but what a load of rubbish. Chris Wakelin was no better and it was a struggle for anyone to get a break going. If that is the best Hendry can produce then he ought to retire now and save himself some embarrassing moments. His days of former glory are a long time gone if this is the way forward. ;)

Crowd been a bit rowdy on some games. The lack of sport seems to have encouraged them. Especially for Selby and the Allen games. Hearn will have snooker crowds like darts soon. Seen them walking up and down with no concern of players playing shots. Pile the drink in get the noise levels up. Refs making no efforts to keep the noise down - a worry for the future and Hearn's wish to be answered it seems.

Allen came out of it with a little luck but at least behaved a with more respect than the ex, acknowledging her good shots and offering to shake hands/ knock elbows, fists or whatever. Said it was Reanne who was after more Child support earlier in the year so understand her angst but some respect would be better. Noticed Allen talking to Craigie at the practice tables yesterday behind Rob Walker, that would have been a more interesting conversation than the expert analysis!

What I don't get about this event is the open draw system. My knowledge of the FA Cup before it was downgraded by the Premier League and reserve sides, was the highlight was watching the draw and the excitement of who you get next. Yet the Second Round draw was made in the Practice room behind Rob Walker with no live coverage...surely live on TV would be better? An error in promotion I think.

..... perhaps I would have been better off watching that one to see how things developed. It would have certainly been more interesting than watching those two pathetic performers.

hey, I watched the last three frames of Stephen Hendry's match last night and wished I had gone to bed earlier. Absolute dross, it ended up 3-2 to Hendry but what a load of rubbish. Chris Wakelin was no better and it was a struggle for anyone to get a break going. If that is the best Hendry can produce then he ought to retire now and save himself some embarrassing moments. His days of former glory are a long time gone if this is the way forward.
It is terrible watching him and White trying to recapture old glories. Against Gary Wilson tomorrow he will struggle, Wilson looked good today.

...... I think my wife could have beaten both of those last night with one hand tied behind her back!
But not Mark Williams tonight!! Like Hendry said he played even worse than him in the First Round and no better first 2 frames tonight.

..... its truly amazing when they play so badly and still manage to get through to the next round! ;)
He got his act together in the last 3 frames. You wonder how they can suddenly capture their form. At least Williams is still a decent player.

Gary Wilson says Stephen Hendry British Open match was ‘an embarrassment’

Gary Wilson beat Stephen Hendry 3-0 in the second round of the British Open on Thursday afternoon but described the match as ‘an embarrassment’ as he slammed both Hendry’s and his own performances.
It was a match to forget for both men at Leicester’s Morningside Arena, with both a long way from their best and Hendry especially poor as he fights to regain some form in his comeback to the main tour.
Wilson picked up the 3-0 win despite being visibly frustrated during the contest as he struggled for rhythm, but Hendry kept failing to punish him.
The Tyneside Terror produced a scathing assessment of the match and of the seven-time world champion’s display after the contest.
‘I’m always honest and I’m going to be totally honest, I don’t know what to say about that game,’ Wilson told ITV.
‘Stephen’s trying to get back to where he was before, but to be honest, that was an embarrassment. The whole match was an embarrassment really, Stephen would probably tell you the same if he was being ultra honest.
‘Dear me, the balls that were being snatched and missed. It was pretty bad, like.’
Wilson seemed to deteriorate deeper into the match as he got frustrated, and he said that was disappointment with his own display getting the better of him.
‘I wasn’t getting punished but I was so unhappy with the way I was hitting the ball, it wasn’t really about Stephen anymore,’ he said. ‘I was just terrible, really, really bad.’
Hendry may not have gone as far as calling the match ‘an embarrassment’ but he admitted that his performance was nowhere near the standard required.
‘I left my cue action on the practice table,’ he said. ‘It was not good today.
‘I butchered the break off in the first frame. For me to beat these players I need to get off to a good start and I didn’t today.
‘If I play bad shots my head goes down and you can’t afford that at this level.’
1997 world champion Ken Doherty was in the studio and felt Wilson’s comments were a bit much, saying: ‘I don’t think it was an embarrassment, to be honest, I think that was a bit strong.
‘You have to use a bit of grace in your interview, and that was a bit strong.’
Perhaps Hendry would agree with Wilson, though, posting on Instagram after the match: ‘Well that was ****’

Delboy99 Delboy99 just what I said the other night, an embarrassment! Hendry wants to give up sooner rather than later if this is all he can rustle up. Pleased I missed this last performance. ;)

@
Delboy99
Delboy99 just what I said the other night, an embarrassment! Hendry wants to give up sooner rather than later if this is all he can rustle up. Pleased I missed this last performance. ;)
Wilson was excellent first frame, terrible second. It's amazing how the form changes! Missed third but all I can guess is that he came down to Hendry standard and lost his concentration. Guess it's a bit tense, decent prize money and no more prizes for 2 months - covid and forest fires and that.

Third and Fourth Round tomorrow, might have missed it but didn't see draw again - they need to use this as an exciting opportunity to raise tension.

Third round games below, the better players have improved, well those that are left. Trump, Carter and Gilbert playing well. Higgins was not so good today. But playing for proper cash tomorrow so be even more tense. Pang Junxu seems to have maintained his progression over the summer and could be interesting as he shoots up the rankings.

1629414522982.png

Well 2 top rated bite the dust. The lottery expected as only 2 Top 16 remain. More close games tonight. Tomorrow best of 7 so a little more predictable.

1629479882745.png

Judd Trump loses world number one spot after shock British Open exit.

Judd Trump is out of the British Open after a 3-2 defeat to Elliot Slessor and he has also lost the world number one spot in the process.
Trump suffered the surprise defeat to Slessor in the last 32 in Leicester, which means that Mark Selby will usurp him at the top of the rankings at the end of the tournament.
It is a quirk in the rankings this season as the International Championship ranking points from two years ago come off during this event, a tournament Trump won in 2019, so his ranking now suffers.
A bad day for Trump, but a superb day for for Slessor who moves into the last 16 of the British Open where he will take on Ali Carter.
‘It was a scrappy game, couldn’t really get any rhythm going so it was tough in the end,’ Trump told ITV after the match.
‘I felt like Elliot had a bit of run here and there, it’s just that type of thing that’s the difference between winning and losing.
‘I said it from the first game I’ve struggled with the table, I thought it was very heavy from the start. I’ve watched a lot of the games and they’ve been very scrappy, I think everyone’s struggling.’
On losing the world number one spot that he has held since August 2019, he said: ‘There’s nothing I can do, I’ve won enough tournaments to be world number one, there’s only so many tournaments you can win.
‘I’ve won 11 in the last two years and I’m not number one, so hard lines.’

British Open Last 16 Draw​

Jimmy Robertson v Stephen Maguire
David Gilbert v Hammad Miah
Ali Carter v Elliot Slessor
Ricky Walden v Ross Muir
Lu Ning v Lucas Kleckers
Zhang Jiankang v Mark Williams
Joe O’Connor v Zhou Yuelong
Hossein Vafaei v Gary Wilson

Slessor did not make it into the fourth round of any event last season but wins over Peter Devlin, Wu Yize and now Trump has put that right this time around.
‘I was looking forward to the game as soon as I got up for breakfast this morning,’ said Slessor.
‘I had butterflies in the belly telling us it’s going to be a decent day and a big crowd to play in front of. That’s what I practice for, I love it out there, I really enjoy it.’
With Trump gone, only two of the world’s top 16 are left in the last 16 of the tournament – Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire, while the likes of Dave Gilbert, Carter and Zhou Yuelong are now among the favourites. ;)

Quarter and Semi day Saturday in Leicester. It now steps up to best of 7 but with only 1 Top 16 player left in. A lack of events this year means many Top 16 players are now off until 9 October at least. Just some drawn out qualifying in September with their games held over until the proper event.

Still some big names in, Williams was lucky to survive the late night game but improving all the time. Gilbert continues in top form after winning the first ranking event last week, Yuelong could now be the best player never to have won a ranking ewvent, but only 22 so plenty of time. Wilson and Slessor give the North East 2 in the Quarter Finals for probably the first time ever? Robertson playing well again after a shocker last 2 seasons. Lu Ning reached the semis of the UK last year and is improving quickly. Leaving Ricky Walden, playing well again and probably the best bet in Quarters to beat Williams. The semis are the winners of the 1st game and 2nd game in table below, then 3rd and 4th game.

1629499584695.png

.... saw Mark Williams last night after he got let off from the missed Black off the spot by his opponent. Pulled himself together pretty well I thought and he played quite decent snooker. Looked quite impressive and I fancy his chances with what is left in. Looking at your ratings it could be the four Player 1 who come through these, yet it was Slessor who put Trump out yesterday. ;)

Well only Williams of the top rated made the semi finals. he 2 top rated made the final. SO best of 11 today. Somehow Williams has made the Final but his form has improved as the week progresses. Wilson has played very well throughout and will never get a better chance to win a ranking tournament.

Obviously Wilson had a poor season last year, the trawl from Newcastle to Milton Keynes for every tournament and then failing the Covid test at the first one seemed to get him down. But after Gilbert recovered from depression of Covid to win the first event of the year perhaps Wilson could follow in a similar vein.

At his best his rating would not be much lower than Williams, maybe 21 Williams at best, about 17 Wilson. Here are the current ratings for tonights game. After tonight not much until October 9th Northern Ireland main event kicks off - qualifiers start tomorrow but that is a drawn out event to fill the venue bookings.

1629620882329.png

Well only Williams of the top rated made the semi finals. he 2 top rated made the final. SO best of 11 today. Somehow Williams has made the Final but his form has improved as the week progresses. Wilson has played very well throughout and will never get a better chance to win a ranking tournament.

Obviously Wilson had a poor season last year, the trawl from Newcastle to Milton Keynes for every tournament and then failing the Covid test at the first one seemed to get him down. But after Gilbert recovered from depression of Covid to win the first event of the year perhaps Wilson could follow in a similar vein.

At his best his rating would not be much lower than Williams, maybe 21 Williams at best, about 17 Wilson. Here are the current ratings for tonights game. After tonight not much until October 9th Northern Ireland main event kicks off - qualifiers start tomorrow but that is a drawn out event to fill the venue bookings.

View attachment 104928
..... It really did not surprise me that Mark Williams went all the way to the final, as he was playing well enough to do so when I last viewed his match. I think he has the experience and knowledge to overcome this latest challenge and if he keeps playing in the same vein, then I don't think he will have any problems in seeing Gary Wilson off. ;)

Williams outwitted him. Amazing he got through the early rounds but tough to beat as ever. Should have noticed he is about to lose lots of ranking points before the next event, a runner up in China so this prize will cover that. Good to see Wilson back on the up as well.

Matches for the Northern Ireland qualifiers this week below, 2 at a time and 5 sessions a day so a little drawn out. First couple already finsihed but plenty of others. Top 16 and Irish amateurs games held over to Belfast.
1629717050101.png

Hello Adam/ Delboy

Yes there are plenty of in running options on snooker. Most bookmakers exchanges bet in running on Match winner/ Frame winner as you say.
Bet 365, and probably lots of other bookmakers bet on all sorts of things.
So tonight - Match winner, Frame Winner, Correct Score, Frame Handicap betting (head start for one player in half frames), total number of frames in match. Then on each frame they bet ob total points in frame, breaks over 50 or not, over 100 or not, how big the highest break in frame or match is, what the last point scored in frame is (say a colour or red or foul). Will there be a 146, how many centuries. Probably some I missed.

There are endless options if that is your interest. Just look at in running on any bookmaker and select a match! Personally match winner is hard enough to forecast.
Thank you I will check it out!

MARK WILLIAMS AFTER BRITISH OPEN WIN - IT WAS ALMOST DESTINED.

The Welshman claimed his 24th ranking title 24 years after he first captured the British Open prize.

Mark Williams secured a brilliant British Open triumph on Sunday night after a closely fought 6-4 victory over Gary Wilson at the Morningside Arena in Leicester.
The three-time former world champion produced his best snooker of the entire week to hold off the challenge of Wilson, who came agonisingly short of claiming a maiden ranking title.
In a close battle in which there was never more than a frame between them until the very end, the experience of Williams was arguably what ultimately separated the pair.
After sharing the opening two frames, the Welshman scored his first century break of the tournament with a 111 in the third frame only for Wilson to respond with a run of 62 to restore parity at the interval.
The latter went in front following the brief respite courtesy of a tidy 101 contribution, but Williams, the WST Pro Series champion from earlier in 2021, won the next two to regain the advantage.
Wilson, a former China Open runner-up, refused to go away and edged the eighth frame to set up a dramatic finale in which a £100,000 champion’s cheque was on the line.
However, Williams stepped up a gear at just the right moment, orchestrating an excellent 115 ton before seeing out the tenth and final frame in relative comfort to complete his British Open success.
Victory consolidates the 46 year-old’s status as the fifth most prolific ranking event winner, now just four behind Steve Davis’ tally of 28, while it’s a remarkable 25 years after his maiden glory in 1996.
“I’m a little bit fortunate to win it,” Williams said in his post-match press conference soon after raising the British Open trophy aloft in front of a big crowd in Leicester.
“There were two or probably three matches that I definitely should have lost but managed to win them – it was like it was almost destined for me.”
“Every time it looked like I was going to get beat, they’d miss something or I’d do some good clearances at the right time.
“I thought I played really solid tonight. I missed a few balls, that’s the way it is, but overall I thought I played really good. I felt good out there, I made a few good breaks today.”
Wilson, meanwhile, was understandably disappointed in the immediate aftermath of the defeat, but there has been an impressive transformation in his form over the last four or five months.
The 36 year-old had dropped far down the rankings list and was even in some danger of dropping off the tour towards the climax of the last term, but he has rebounded strongly and will once more be back among the top 32.
As for the returning British Open, there were certainly many positives to take from what was generally a decent week of action.
The format has split opinion, with many in favour of the shorter matches that can often lead to closer conclusions, and equally as many opposed.
There is definitely a place for shorter formats on the calendar, but one gripe would be with how the prize money is reflected in an event’s overall shape and status.
A jackpot worth £100,000 – more than what is offered in tournaments such as the German Masters or in the Home Nations series – seems a lot for an event that can’t even muster a two-session final.
Still, the random draw was an exciting element that gave better opportunities to the likes of Wilson and Jimmy Robertson to make deep runs, while it was terrific to have fans back in attendance.
And although he may not outwardly express it, Williams will undoubtedly be delighted with his British Open triumph that serves to reaffirm his credentials as one of the all-time greats. ;)

Back