• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Snooker

Neil must feel absolutely sick!
Very well done to Stephen Maguire.

Must say I was very impressed with David Gilbert, if he keeps playing like that even Trump may have trouble containing him, that is if Trump gets through tomorrow of course.

50/1 for David Gilbert to win the World Championship is looking very, very tempting.

...... Yes I saw the first three frames and Shaun appeared to have the upper hand with a rock steady game. Gave very little away and Trump was beginning to get impatient at being kept out. Maybe this is a strategy which is going to upset his potting ability in the future and maybe his weak spot. :)

.... John Higgins thrashed Barry Hawkins tonight 6-1 and was never in the game. Certainly been some big casualties in this tournament. :eek:

John Higgins I must say didn't beat much, poor Barry was never at the races.
This is now a very open Masters, I can't even get close to naming the winner, especially as not everyone has played yet.

But what I have seen so far, I think David Gilbert has played the best snooker.

.... I tend to agree there and as you say it looks very open. It looks there for the taking especially with lots of the top names no longer with any further interest. Might have a dabble and Dutch a couple or so. :eek:

...... Kyren Wilson beat Jack Lisowski 6-2 after Lisowski won the opening two frames and Wilson was never in it. My how things change, he obviously dominated after that. ;)

..... Quarter Final Draw:-
Shaun Murphy v Joe Perry
Ali Carter v John Higgins
Stephen Mcguire v Dave Gilbert
Kyren Wilson v Mark Williams/Stuart Bingham
Still some steady players left in here. :eek:

.... Shaun Murphy beat Joe Perry earlier this afternoon 6-3 to be first into the semi finals and looks to be playing very well. ;)

Saw a re-run and it was a good game.
I think both players gave the other too many chances and if Murphy plays like that again he will not be winning the tournament.

Now having seen everyone play I still think David Gilbert is playing the more solid snooker.
He is dangerous as he has nothing to prove as he's not expected to win, and also because he is playing like he's having so much fun.

When you feel no pressure, you play with ease, you play your best snooker...
I hope he wins it.

..... well he has a great chance with all of the favourites out. Just seen Higgins reduce his deficit 1-2 against Ali Carter, which looked full of errors. :eek:

.... as expected Gilbert beat Mcguire 6-2 and is now through to the semis. Looking good Gilbert and must fancy his chances for the tournament. ;)

.... as expected Gilbert beat Mcguire 6-2 and is now through to the semis. Looking good Gilbert and must fancy his chances for the tournament. ;)
I mentioned he was a good long shot at 47/1 last Friday on this thread, I’ve had small bets at 45/1 and 47/1 so in a good position , I think he will win but the cash out is shining like a beacon for me at the moment would hate not to make anything out of the bets now.

..... well done for having the foresight to take the bull by the horns and actually do it! Proving to be great bets and he must have a very good chance of going all the way. Fingers crossed for you! ;)

David Gilbert just didn't show up last night.

I have a feeling Ali might win today, he has had a tougher passage to this final.
He deserves a big win.

Ali owes Ronnie a very big drink.
Good luck to both today. 🍻

..... surprised to see Gilbert go out, he was showing well previously. If Ali Carter plays his cards right he could clinch the title. However sometimes Bingham is like a dog with a bone and does not give up easily. Should be a decent match up. ;)

Back