• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Snooker

The Uncouth

Gelding
Snooker is one of my favourite sports and Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest player I have ever seen.

This thread is for all snooker lovers, whether to post about a player's form, betting tip, newcomers of note etc.

We have the Home Series coming up, kicking off with the English Open next week and I can't wait.
Of course I want Ronnie to win, Shaun Murphy has recently found his form after a shocking season and is a real threat.
Neil Robertson in form is always dangerous.

Last edited:
If snooker has in-play options such as on betfair, then something I've noticed but never had the time to look into is when Ronnie takes 2 shots or more consecutively with his left hand, he has trouble re-adjusting his sight back to a right hand shot and for the majority of the times i've noticed it in passing, he misses the next shot if it's played right handed and 2ft or more from the white to the target ball..

Might be an opportunity for a lay-to-back approach when you see him switching the cue back to his right hand..

As I said, just noticed in passing over the years.. Not sure if it's consistent or I have just remembered those shots more than the times when he pots right handed following 2 or more consecutive left handed shots (y)

I have watched Ronnie from the very beginning and never noticed that.
I will be watching for that next week for sure.

Snooker is one of my favourite sports and Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest player I have ever seen.

This thread is for all snooker lovers, whether to post about a player's form, betting tip, newcomers of note etc.

We have the Home Series coming up, kicking off with the English Open next week and I can't wait.
Of course I want Ronnie to win, Shaun Murphy has recently found his form after a shocking season and is a real threat.
Neil Robertson in form is always dangerous.

I have just started playing snooker for about 7 mths now is good to play although is hard to prolong breaks, i have had two 6 ball ones so far and they make it look so simple they pot nearly every one.

I use to bet on Stephen Hendry he was very consisteint he landed a nice bet for me once todays player one cant tell that good i find personally but am willing to learn.

I have just started playing snooker for about 7 mths now is good to play although is hard to prolong breaks, i have had two 6 ball ones so far and they make it look so simple they pot nearly every one.

I use to bet on Stephen Hendry he was very consisteint he landed a nice bet for me once todays player one cant tell that good i find personally but am willing to learn.
Well done OTN seems you are starting out well.
Snooker I love to watch, but can't play it for toffee.
Pool is more my game.... mispent youth.

In 2006 my one and only bet was for Graeme Dott to win the World Championship, which he did. I was very sure he was going to win because when he lost in the final of 2004 he looked so crushed, so disappointed I knew he wouldn't allow defeat in 2006, I was sure he would win.
The 66-1 was a great result.

..... certainly got some fond memories of the game. I remember years ago when Alex Higgins was at the top of his game, could do no wrong for me and the two young lads in our family. The little one used to come out dressed in his bow tie and waistcoat which he used to dress in when we played snooker on a half size table in the bedroom and used short cues to stop hitting the wall.Great days and an absolute bonus when Higgins came up trumps and won the UK Championship. :D

Well done OTN seems you are starting out well.
Snooker I love to watch, but can't play it for toffee.
Pool is more my game.... mispent youth.

In 2006 my one and only bet was for Graeme Dott to win the World Championship, which he did. I was very sure he was going to win because when he lost in the final of 2004 he looked so crushed, so disappointed I knew he wouldn't allow defeat in 2006, I was sure he would win.
The 66-1 was a great result.
Thanks The Uncouth The Uncouth yes i played pool abit is much easier to pot the balls and was fun i played darts maybe more though. Well Done! with Graeme Dott you seem to have a knack with outsiders.

I only ever play each way on everything.
It is the wager that keeps me in profit.

Yes that is what i use to do years ago when racing was different and i looked for around about 4/1 min that was till about 1996, then racing changed alot so i started on sports betting mainly taking allsorts of prices, even place ones on the golf but putting them in trebles and doubles even, but bigger prices ew as well. Also a few snooker bets as well, and that seemed to peter out about 2002, so I stoped completly but started it as a hobby around 2013 but have only broke around even since so still trying to find a way if i can.

You seem to being doing well though i hope you can become fulltime but i would imagine it is really hard nowadays. Good Luck!!

.... I think one of my favourite times was when the likes of Cliff Thorburn, Kirk Stevens, Bill Werbenuik, Dennis Taylor and the Silver Fox David Taylor and of course Alex Higgins were all doing the rounds seriously. Think it was Thorburn who actually made the first televised 147 break, but those were certainly great days. I still like Ronnie of course in today's games, an absolute genius when he is on song. All depends on how is attitude is on the day, but one of the greatest players around I think in any era. At times Higgins was a great player but often did some really crazy things and often upset the establishment. He was unrecognizable and unfortunately all alone when he sadly passed away, a shadow of his former self. :eek:

.... I think one of my favourite times was when the likes of Cliff Thorburn, Kirk Stevens, Bill Werbenuik, Dennis Taylor and the Silver Fox David Taylor and of course Alex Higgins were all doing the rounds seriously. Think it was Thorburn who actually made the first televised 147 break, but those were certainly great days. I still like Ronnie of course in today's games, an absolute genius when he is on song. All depends on how is attitude is on the day, but one of the greatest players around I think in any era. At times Higgins was a great player but often did some really crazy things and often upset the establishment. He was unrecognizable and unfortunately all alone when he sadly passed away, a shadow of his former self. :eek:
If Alex Higgins had more discipline like Ronnie is now grasping which is now showing in his game, then I believe Higgins would have won more than he did.
You must have a certain discipline on and off the table to achieve what Ronnie has.
Boozing and gambling to the excesses Higgins took it to will always catch up with you in the end.

Higgins was an incredibly talented and exciting player to watch and I for one miss him.
No-one could pot a pink with such panache.

He brought style to the game.

Last edited:
Higgins was certainly an entertainer made shots that even today look impossible but when trying to analyse the greats of snooker and also taking into account the difference with the balls and cloth it was when ronnie hit a 147 5 or 6 minutes, a bit like running a 3 minute mile, he might not be the nicest man in snooker but the best we've seen imo. Some might point to 10 times world champ joe davies but some of his wins came via a challenger as in boxing, i think it's quite a difficult thing to accept but in general today's sportsmen and women are far superior to to those of the past and one day we will see a chinese kid that will surpass what ronnie has achieved.

..... on the other side of the coin, that is snooker players who really used to irritate you and get under your skin, and there were a few around in those days. But the guy who really bugged me the most was good old Terry Griffiths! Wow! could he bore the pants of anyone without really trying. He used to weigh up the shot, get down ready for action two days later! Then get up, chalk his cue, get down again and then rinse and repeat a few times more before finally despatching the ball towards the desired target. It used to leave one without the will to live. I don't know if it was his brain or his eyesight but boy oh boy watching him was like watching paint dry!:slow:

..... on the other side of the coin, that is snooker players who really used to irritate you and get under your skin, and there were a few around in those days. But the guy who really bugged me the most was good old Terry Griffiths! Wow! could he bore the pants of anyone without really trying. He used to weigh up the shot, get down ready for action two days later! Then get up, chalk his cue, get down again and then rinse and repeat a few times more before finally despatching the ball towards the desired target. It used to leave one without the will to live. I don't know if it was his brain or his eyesight but boy oh boy watching him was like watching paint dry!:slow:
Hilarious!
As boring as Terry Griffiths was to watch, I think Peter Ebdon far worse.
Mark Selby not too far behind him.

..... I agree with modern day boredom when you say Mark Selby is a pain in the posterior. I think he must go through chalk at an alarming rate judging by the number of times he too is up and down and scraping chalk onto cue. Actual time some of these players take to complete a frame must be bordering on infinity. Time for everyone to have a jig around the arena and still catch up with the shot! Certainly some of these must be classed as time wasters of the Green Baize. :eek:

Well I remember years ago when Ronnie O'Sullivan and Peter Ebdon were playing, and Peter took so long over a shot and in the end he missed the pot.
The look on Ronnie's face was priceless, it was so funny..if you haven't seen it you must go look on Youtube.

I think some players do it to mentally get to the other player, a tactic I have never liked.

Well I remember years ago when Ronnie O'Sullivan and Peter Ebdon were playing, and Peter took so long over a shot and in the end he missed the pot.
The look on Ronnie's face was priceless, it was so funny..if you haven't seen it you must go look on Youtube.

I think some players do it to mentally get to the other player, a tactic I have never liked.

You will be surprised at the ave shot times i think is only between 18 secs and 28 secs which is not that much really i like watch quicker players best though i think mine is around 22 secs so medium pace i use to throw really quick with darts though.

You will be surprised at the ave shot times i think is only between 18 secs and 28 secs which is not that much really i like watch quicker players best though i think mine is around 22 secs so medium pace i use to throw really quick with darts though.
Oh I agree, the faster players are more exciting to watch.
Playing pool I am around 17 secs per shot.

Gosh OnTheNod is there any sport you don't play? :)

Oh I agree, the faster players are more exciting to watch.
Playing pool I am around 17 secs per shot.

Gosh OnTheNod is there any sport you don't play? :)

I have had ago at a few i must admit i always liked sport at school i suppose and grew from their, that is fast 17 seconds btw. I liked when Ronnie was potting those balls one handed really fast and not even getting down on the shot he sure has some magic.

Back