• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare
Hello @ O Outlander

You have found betting on this! Beating Steadman was a stunner, lost the next round but I dount will ever return to the tour now, much more going on in his life than snooker. Still a good try. The seeding of the ex pros has made the tournament much harder as they reach the later stages.
..... I still think he must be short of cash to make an attempted comeback at 62 years old. Wonder if he got his specs at Specsaver. :)

Outlander

Gelding
Hello @ O Outlander

You have found betting on this! Beating Steadman was a stunner, lost the next round but I dount will ever return to the tour now, much more going on in his life than snooker. Still a good try. The seeding of the ex pros has made the tournament much harder as they reach the later stages.
Yes I’m not betting but I have an app on my iPad called flash score and it has an odds section for most matches, I clicked and the odds were 14/1 with William Hill who I think maybe the only ones bothering, I couldn’t find odds for his first match though.

The Hare

Filly
Here are my odds for today 10.00 Last 16 games then. Bet365 also betting
1622534823174.png
Seems the best players drawn each other, well 4 of them anyway. Cahill odds against on 365, just looked on Flash Score and the odds identical at Hills and 365, no Competition Laws there then, but Langning is young and clearly improved fast. As I say earlier should have got a Wildcard instead of Hearn's old Pals as he only played in the World Championships and reached the last qualifying round. Tough draw for both of them. Not betting, just for interest.

The Hare

Filly
Well some old favourites return to the Tout.
Fraser Patrick, never really made it. Once got to 73 on the Brutal 1 year tour card system but generally struggled in the 100s with the new 2 year card. Langning fails at the final hurdle.
Peter Lines is back! 52 and now the 8th 50 year old to be on the Tour next year so far. Not a great advert for youngsters. Though White and Doherty and Hendry admittedly by the Back Door.
Yuan Sijun returns after a terrible season. Might give him the boost to show his previous promise again.
Jackson Page returns as he continues his improvement with some hope for the youngsters.

So from the Original list the 5th and 11th have qualified and 2 of the lower ranked causing a little shock.
2nd event begins tomorrow as it looks like more of the old Pros are set to return.

Delboy99

Mare
Well some old favourites return to the Tout.
Fraser Patrick, never really made it. Once got to 73 on the Brutal 1 year tour card system but generally struggled in the 100s with the new 2 year card. Langning fails at the final hurdle.
Peter Lines is back! 52 and now the 8th 50 year old to be on the Tour next year so far. Not a great advert for youngsters. Though White and Doherty and Hendry admittedly by the Back Door.
Yuan Sijun returns after a terrible season. Might give him the boost to show his previous promise again.
Jackson Page returns as he continues his improvement with some hope for the youngsters.

So from the Original list the 5th and 11th have qualified and 2 of the lower ranked causing a little shock.
2nd event begins tomorrow as it looks like more of the old Pros are set to return.
..... you seem to have this nicely covered, I'm impressed. You are absolutely right about the old pals act as far as wild cards go. Some of those mentioned earlier must have fallen from their horse long ago and finding it hard to walk, never mind getting to the Green Baize Tables. Could do with more young blood coming into the game sooner than later, it would be good all round for snooker in general.;)

Delboy99

Mare
Scotland’s four-time World Champion John Higgins is turning to spin classes in a bid to boost his fitness ahead of the new season.

Higgins, a winner of 31 ranking titles, produced one of the finest tournament performances of his career to blitz to victory at the Cazoo Players Championship in February.

However, the Glaswegian failed to carry that form over to the Betfred World Championship in April, suffering a second round exit at the hands of Mark Williams, after a below par win against Tian Pengfei in round one.

Higgins believes that the downturn in form could have been due to a lack of fitness and has elected to get on the exercise bike in order to lose weight ahead of the 2021/22 World Snooker Tour campaign.

“I was disappointed. I think first and foremost, it was actually the worst that I’d ever felt on a snooker table. I did say after my first round match against Tian, which I think I was lucky to win, that there were some shots where I was struggling to breathe,” said 46-year-old Higgins.

“I faded away in that second round match against Mark after a good start. I don’t know if it was because of my eyesight at my age, or the fact I’ve been carrying a bit too much timber. That has never been an issue before, but I felt uncomfortable in Sheffield this year. I need to lose weight before the new season.

“Since the end of the World Championship I’ve got into these spin classes and I’ve really been enjoying it. I’ve been going three or four times a week. It’s on an industrial estate with music blaring, you come in and are going for it for 45 minutes. At the end you are drenched in sweat and absolutely knackered. I’ve never been one for the gym, but I’ve always enjoyed the exercise bike. I’ve lost about a stone so far, but there is obviously more to go. I don’t know when my first tournament next season will be, I’ll see if I need to get my waistcoat tailored a bit. That is the target and I want it to make a difference. It won’t mean I’ll play better, but hopefully I will feel better. It was a wee bit worrying at the Crucible this year.

“The way I performed at the Players Championship still gives me great confidence going into next season. To know that I can still win tournaments and play at that level. I felt I was practising well with Stephen Maguire and Anthony McGill in our unit. However, with a week or so to go before the Crucible I just felt I’d left my best form behind. You can never plan to peak for a specific event. You just have to hope if comes at the right time. I could feel in my own head, that whether it was mentally or physically, I ran out of steam.”

Selby-higgins-pic-2.jpg

Higgins believes Selby has entered the debate surrounding snooker’s greatest player

Following Higgins’ Crucible exit it was Mark Selby who stormed to the title, beating Shaun Murphy in the final to draw level with Higgins on four World Championship wins. Higgins and Selby are well acquainted with facing each other on the sport’s grandest stage, having met in two world finals. Higgins was victorious in 2007 and Selby was the better of the pair in the 2017 title match. Reflecting on Selby’s exploits this year, Higgins feels his rival should now enter the debate of who is snooker’s greatest ever player.

Higgins said: “It was unbelievable seeing Mark win it for a fourth time. To win four titles out of the last eight years is incredible. That is an amazing achievement when you think that the standard has never been higher. Is he the best player ever to pick up a cue? You have to ask that question now. With the standard as tough as it is, for him to win four is fantastic. He is so hard to play over that amount of frames.

“He was unplayable at times this year. I know Stuart Bingham had his chances, but that was it really. Mark got a grip on the final and Shaun Murphy was playing catch up near the end. Although Shaun was playing some brilliant stuff, you just always felt Mark would have enough to get over the line. You can only tip your hat to somebody as good as that. He is in a good position to add more in the coming years. He is so tough mentally and so tough on the table. He will win more world titles I have no doubt. It will be hard for him to beat Stephen Hendry’s seven world titles, but personally I think if he wins five or six, that is better. Mark would have done it in a more competitive era.”

Before Higgins returns to the baize in his quest to match Selby’s exploits at next year’s World Championship, he has the more immediate distraction of looking after a new family dog after the recent purchase of a Cavapoo puppy. Following an initial resistance, he and wife Denise were convinced by daughter Claudia to make the addition to the family. Higgins is already looking forward to hitting the dog walking circuit.

“My daughter eventually wore us down! She’s been getting on to my wife saying she would love a dog. We came to a decision and managed to get one and she is a great wee thing. She’s like a wee apricot with her colour, so my daughter has named her Honey. She’s not had all her jabs yet, but after that I’m looking forward to getting out and taking her on walks. It’s like having a new baby, it’s very exciting.”;)

Delboy99

Mare
The first event of Q School 2021 has come to an end and the first four players have earned themselves a two-year tour card with World Snooker Tour.

Jackson Page, Yuan Sijun, Peter Lines and Fraser Patrick were the four semi-finalists in the first event, which is enough to earn them a place on tour for the next two years.

All four have been professionals as recently as the season just gone, falling off tour but bouncing straight back at the first opportunity.

Page was the first player through, thanks to an impressive 4-1 win over Michael Georgiou, which included breaks of 89, 81 and 56.

The 19-year-old Welshman, the protégé of three-time world champion Mark Williams, has had two years as a pro already but didn’t quite do enough to remain on tour, reaching a high of 71 in the rankings last year. A run to the fourth round of last season’s European Masters was the highlight.

Yuan was the second man back on tour as he beat Mitchell Mann 4-2 in the quarters, having dropped just one frame in his first four matches.

The 21-year-old was seen as one of the brightest talents to come out of China a couple of years ago, but his form deserted him somewhat over the last two seasons and he was forced to head to Q School for the first time. He has made impressively light work of it. ;)

2019 Coral World Grand Prix - Day 4

Delboy99

Mare
I should have said my ages are as they are on 1st January 2022, so I am probably a year out on most of them.
..... this guy above seems quite capable and maybe will even get better through the passage of time. Must have been decent at his previous peak! ;)

The Hare

Filly
Jackson Page and Yuan Sijun are certainly good players and should both make Top 16 over time. Page has Williams to help him and Yuan can be forgiven a poor season for the mess the World was in and being stuck away from home. Certainly looked to have the ability the year before.

There is some hope fpr the youngsters!

Delboy99

Mare
Tony Knowles let slip a 3-1 lead as he lost 4-3 to Raymond Fry in round three of Q School event one.
All results
After fine wins over Bradley Cowdroy and Craig Steadman, 65-year-old veteran Knowles missed the chance to go further in the first of three events in Sheffield. He will return for event two which starts on Wednesday.
Breaks of 69 and 54 helped Knowles build a 3-1 lead. However Northern Ireland’s Fry (pictured) hit back with 110 and 67 for 3-3 then dominated the decider.
Alfie Burden eased to a 4-1 win over Ryan Thomerson with top breaks of 55, 56 and 66, while former German Masters semi-finalist Duane Jones was also a 4-1 winner, beating Tyler Rees.
Harvey Chandler edged out Robbie McGuigan 4-3, taking the deciding frame on a respotted black. Ian Burns top scored with 69 in a 4-1 win over Brandon Sargeant.
Peter Lines saw off Riley Parsons 4-2 while David Lilley whitewashed Paul Davison 4-0. Two-time ranking event winner Michael White top scored with 93 in a 4-1 win over Ben Fortey.
Event one finishes on Tuesday at Ponds Forge. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Talented teenager Jackson Page earned a new two-year tour card by beating Michael Georgiou 4-1 in the final round of Q School event one in Sheffield.

Welsh 19-year-old Page turned pro in 2019 then suffered relegation at the end of last season. The player from Ebbw Vale, who is mentored by three-time World Champion Mark Williams, now has another chance to prove his potential.

He is one of four winners from Q School event one who will receive a card for the 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons to compete on snooker’s global circuit.

Page needed just 73 minutes to end the challenge of Cypriot Georgiou. A break of 89 gave him the opening frame, and he took the second by clearing from brown to black, before making an 81 in the third for 3-0. Georgiou pulled one back but Page made a 56 in frame five as he secured the result.

All four players earning tour cards from event one were relegated at the end of last season and have earned an immediate return.
China’s Yuan Sijun scored a 4-2 win over Mitchell Mann. Yuan went 3-0 up with a top break of 46, then Mann battled his way back to 3-2 and led 49-0 in frame six. But 21-year-old Yuan compiled runs of 42 and 23 to snatch the frame and clinch his card.

Yuan first turned pro in 2017 and showed his talent with runs to the quarter-finals of the World Grand Prix and semi-finals of the Gibraltar Open in 2019. At the time he was described by Stephen Hendry as “one of the best youngsters I’ve seen since the likes of Ding Junhui, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Mark Williams or John Higgins turned pro.” A loss of form over the past two seasons saw Yuan drop down the rankings but he now has a fresh start.
Peter Lines, who first turned pro back in 1991, extended his career for two more years with a 4-2 win over Ian Burns, highlighted by a break of 55. At the age of 51, Yorkshireman Lines will be the oldest pro player other Nigel Bond who does not have an invitational tour card.

Glasgow’s Fraser Patrick took the fourth and last tour card with a 4-1 victory over China’ Bai Langning, closing out the result with a run of 95 in frame five. Patrick, age 35, first turned pro in 2007.

Event two gets underway on Wednesday ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Michael White is heading to Q School this week confident that his game is better than ever and he is ready to, not just regain his place on the main tour, but make a fresh assault on the upper echelons of snooker.
The 29-year-old has had a rollercoaster career so far, showing immense promise as a junior and amateur before turning professional at just 15.
A World Championship quarter-final on debut in 2013 was followed by ranking titles at the Indian Open and Paul Hunter Classic, with the Welshman into the world’s top 16 in 2015.
Then things changed as White’s form deserted him in the 2018/19 season to the extent that he fell off the tour last year and was forced to compete as an amateur over the last campaign.
It was a surprise to snooker fans to see one of the brightest talents in the game seemingly ebb away but the man known as ‘Lightning’ has revamped his lifestyle off the table and is ready to bounce back in style.
He is in a better place mentally than he has been for years and believes his game is in the best shape it has ever been, which is a frightening prospect.
‘Better than ever, definitely,’ White told Metro.co.uk of his game at the moment. ‘I’m looking forward to Q School. I strongly believe I can get back into the top 16.
‘I feel like I’m stronger mentally after going through the things I’ve been through. I was quite young getting into the top 16 – 23, 24 – so I’m a lot more experienced now, not just snooker-wise but in the way I conduct myself. I know more things that work for me and against me, I’m more wised-up on that side.’
2018 Welsh Open - Day 2

White has won the Paul Hunter Classic and Indian Open (Picture: Getty Images)
White has been looking for answers on why his game slid away from the peaks he achieved early in his career, when he was viewed as a future world champion at a very young age.
‘I definitely had a lot of pressure on me more than other players would have done,’ he said. ‘The only other player I think had as much pressure as I did at a young age was Judd [Trump].
‘I won the world amateur title at 14 so everyone’s saying I’m going to be world champion by 20, but it’s never going to work out that way, the way the game is. You’re a big fish in a small pond. The standard now is better than it’s ever been, anyone can beat anyone.
‘I sat myself down. Jack [Lisowski] and Kyren [Wilson] are the same age as me, pretty much. They’re in the top 16 and I was definitely as good as them growing up, if not having the edge on them. I sat myself down and thought, “Why are they where they are and I am where I am?”‘I was going through it: break-building, safety, bang, bang, bang, and it was only one thing, lifestyle. Now that’s in good nick then there’s no reason I can’t get back to where I got to. If not further, but one step at a time.’ ;)

The Hare

Filly
1623054845392.png

Decision day for Q School 2 - a few shock results along the way but still a few of the older ex Pros remain.

@ Delboy99 Delboy99, White is playing nowhere near his best, another disappointing loss. Hope he overcomes his mental issues as clearly struggled for the last 3 or 4 years. As he says the expectations were so high and it is a struggle to expect so much. A report lately said the route to happiness is Lower your Expectations! Hope he comes through the last round.

Ross Muir is paying amazing, now has 3 of the 4 highest breaks in the whole event. Hopefully he can complete the job on Finals Day today.

Steadman overcome the Knowles drubbing but although my ratings have him well ahead of Jones, I think Jones is a better player and just the low number of games for Steadman on my ratings. Tough game though.

Judge at 8/11 would be my bet of the day, he is playing well again and will not get a better chance though same applies to Astley in his quarter.

10am start for these, Qualifiers this afternoon.

Last edited:

The Hare

Filly
Probably already started some of these but the odds for the Qualifying Round. More old favourites set to rejoin the Tour!
1623067678848.png

The Hare

Filly
Well another 4 ex Pros rejoin the ranks.

Barry Pinches eliminated last season adds to those that will be 50 or over by January as he regains his spot having been on Tour the last 2 seasons but ending up only 100th at the end of the season. Many years experience as a "Journey Man" professional. Though of the 8 qualifiers so far at least Barry has won a Minor Professional Ranking event, beating O'Sullivan in Final, and 2 events before that reached the Final losing to Selby. But has never come near those 2 efforts at any other time. He was close to the Top 16 in his peak.

None of the other 7 qualifiers have got past the Semi Finals.

Alfie Burden returns after missing a season and at 44 has many years experience, again you might say a "Journey Man" pro as usually in the middle to lower levels of the rankings. If he could control his anger would perhaps do better. Since my World Ranking records from 2003 onwards, Alfie's best end of year rating is 50th.

Craig Steadman recovered from his disastrous 4-0 defeat to Tony Knowles to confirm my rating for him and regain his place on Tour. 68 is the highest he has made in many attempts at the end of year rankings. Reached the semis of the Shoot Out lottery this year as an amateur. Main claim to fame was Steve Davis's last game as a Pro. Those steely eyes sometimes show excellent form but can't maintain it long enough to win events or longer games. He is a spring chicken at 38!

Michael Judge is the most remarkable, in the early decade of the century he was around the 30s/40s in the rankings and another "Journey Man" type with semi finals best. Then a terrible 2010-11 season and he went missing, but the Seniors Tour has rekindled his enthusiasm and after a 10 year break (the same as Reanne Evans) he returns to the Tour. Very impressive today not losing a frame. At 46 his experience will help.

So there we are, Q School2 has seen 4 older Pros return with another chance to make a name for themselves.

The last Q School starts tomorrow, with some of the more fancied players still to make it back - the Top 4 on my pre event ratings have 1 last chance. There are 6 places remaining with the top 2 on rankings at the end gaining places. The rankings with qualifiers in yellow were:

1623083680305.png

Delboy99

Mare
Top 12 rankings for end of Tournamnet top 2 non qualifiers gain a Tour place.

View attachment 101631
..... always interesting to look at your ratings as I am not too familiar with this part of the game. Never even thought about ratings for snooker as I do plenty each week of the season when the footy is at its peak. Doing a great job The Hare The Hare ;) Keep me posted on who actually gets their promotion and back on the tour.;)

Delboy99

Mare
Michael White and Alfie Burden moved a step closer to reclaiming their places on the World Snooker Tour at Q School event one, but former world number two Tony Knowles suffered a setback in his bid to rejoin the sport's elite.
Former world number 15 White will face veteran cueman Peter Lines in round four of qualifying on Monday afternoon at Ponds Forge in Sheffield with both players having compiled two centuries apiece in winning their first three matches.

They need three more victories to claim one of the four tour cards up for grabs on Tuesday when event one concludes.
Welshman White has lifted the Indian Open, Shoot Out and Paul Hunter Classic, but dropped off the main tour last year after a slump in form. He is among the favourites to complete his comeback and enjoyed a break of 93 in a 4-1 win over Ben Fortey with 2018 Paul Hunter Classic semi-finalist Lines a 4-2 winner against Riley Parsons.
Three-times World Championship semi-finalist Knowles is bidding to rejoin the WST ranks at the age of 65.
He looked poised to progress to round four as knocks of 69 and 54 helped him ease 3-1 clear of Raymond Fry only for the Northern Irishman to recover with runs of 110 and 67 helping him reel off three straight frames for a 4-3 success.
Bolton favourite Knowles will return for the start of event two on Wednesday as he continues his quest to return to the main tour after a 20-year absence.
Former world amateur champion Burden – who has reversed his decision to quit the sport a year ago – completed 4-1 victory over Ryan Thomerson boosted by breaks of 55, 56 and 66 in round two to set up a meeting with former German Masters semi-finalist Duane Jones in round three. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
John Higgins has revealed he has been forced to start spin classes away from the snooker table to extend his golden 29-year professional career after a worrying World Championship collapse that left him "struggling to breathe".
The Scotsman failed to live up to his pre-tournament billing as one of the Crucible favourites following his immaculate performance in lifting the Players Championship in February that included a 6-0 win over Jordan Brown, a 6-0 drubbing of Mark Selby, a 6-1 dismissal of Kyren Wilson and a 10-3 win over Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Higgins recovered from trailing 7-4 to Tian Pengfei to complete a 10-7 victory in the first round, but slumped to a 13-7 defeat to old rival Mark Williams in the second round in April.
He admits the need to change his lifestyle was uppermost in the mind with spin taking on a different meaning following his premature departure from the sport's biggest event.
“I was disappointed. I think first and foremost, it was actually the worst that I’d ever felt on a snooker table. I did say after my first round match against Tian, which I think I was lucky to win, that there were some shots where I was struggling to breathe,” said the four-times world champion, who has not indicated when his first competitive action will come with the Championship League breaking off the new 2021/22 season on 4 July.

I faded away in that second round match against Mark after a good start. I don’t know if it was because of my eyesight at my age, or the fact I’ve been carrying a bit too much timber. That has never been an issue before, but I felt uncomfortable in Sheffield this year. I need to lose weight before the new season.
"Since the end of the World Championship I’ve got into these spin classes and I’ve really been enjoying it. I’ve been going three or four times a week. It’s on an industrial estate with music blaring, you come in and are going for it for 45 minutes.
"At the end you are drenched in sweat and absolutely knackered. I’ve never been one for the gym, but I’ve always enjoyed the exercise bike. I’ve lost about a stone so far, but there is obviously more to go. I don’t know when my first tournament next season will be, I’ll see if I need to get my waistcoat tailored a bit.

"That is the target and I want it to make a difference. It won’t mean I’ll play better, but hopefully I will feel better. It was a wee bit worrying at the Crucible this year." ;)