• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare
World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan opened up a 5-3 advantage over John Higgins in their Cazoo Tour Championship quarter-final at the Celtic Manor Resort.
The pair met in the final of the Cazoo Players Championship earlier this month, where Higgins produced a vintage display to blitz to a 10-3 victory. That was Higgins’ first ranking event win for three years since the 2018 Welsh Open.
O’Sullivan, a winner of 37 career ranking titles, has appeared in four finals so far this season, at the Northern Ireland Open, Scottish Open, Welsh Open and Players Championship, but has lost on each occasion. He’ll be hoping he can clinch his first silverware of the campaign this week ahead of next month’s trip to the Crucible, where he will be looking to defend his title.
It was 31-time ranking event winner Higgins who took the opener this afternoon, firing in a run of 72 to move a frame ahead. Breaks of 93 and 72 then saw O’Sullivan wrest the advantage and move 2-1 up. However, a fine century break of 101 by Higgins restored parity at the mid-session.
When they returned they traded frames, before O’Sullivan surged to take the final two of the afternoon to lead 5-3 heading into this evening’s conclusion.
They will resume at 7pm, when the best of 19 encounter will be played to a finish. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Ronnie O’Sullivan insists there is something wrong with his cue that will need to be fixed before the World Championship, despite beating John Higgins 10-8 in the first round of the Tour Championship on Monday. The Rocket finished the game with a 94 per cent pot success rate, made two centuries and six more half-centuries in the win over his old rival, setting up a semi-final clash with either Barry Hawkins or Judd Trump. This was after he claimed before the match that he wanted to pull out of the tournament because his issues with his cue were so bad he had almost no chance of beating the Wizard of Wishaw. The 45-year-old sent his cue to be repaired, but is not happy with how it feels since.
‘I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with my cue, I put it in the menders a few days ago and got it back just before that best of three tournament we played [WST Pro Series] and it was no good,’ O’Sullivan told ITV before beating Higgins. ‘I sent it back and it made it worse, it’s kind of irretrievable now so I’ve got to get myself a new cue. ‘It’s a nightmare really, if I’d have been given the option to pull out and give Jordan Brown my place, I would have definitely took that option. ‘It’s better to go to someone that’s probably got a good chance of winning, but as far as it is today, I don’t expect too much from my game. ‘I’ve got to just come here, collect some prize money and try and at least try and do something.’
The world champion wasn’t at his blistering best throughout, and neither was Higgins, but was clearly not struggling too badly with his equipment and he admitted afterwards that the problem wasn’t as bad as he had expected. ‘It was a lot more playable than I thought it was going to be,’ said the Rocket. ‘That was a sigh of relief, if you like, that I could at least do something when I was in the balls if I had a chance. ‘After this tournament’s done I’ll have to send it back and try and get it back to how it felt before.’ Asked for some detail on his cue problems in a post-match press conference, O’Sullivan didn’t want to get into it, saying: ‘I can’t even be bothered to talk about it, it’s going back in the menders after this tournament. ‘It was alright, it was playable, still needs a bit of work done.’ The exact problem O’Sullivan has with his cue is still not entirely clear. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Stephen Hendry will face his great rival Jimmy White in a sensational opening qualifier for next month's World Snooker Championship.
Hendry (52) came out of retirement this season and aims to qualify for the Crucible for the first time in nine years.
The pair met in four Crucible finals during in the 1990s, with Hendry winning on each occasion.
Hendry said on ITV4: “I can’t believe it. All those finals and now we will play each other in the very first round, it’s incredible. We have been practising together but that will end now!”
The qualifying rounds will run from April 5-14 at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
Hendry or White will have to make it through four rounds to reach the final stages, but no game will be more anticipated than their first round meeting.
The players have been practising together in recent weeks, with White also vowing to make one more appearance at the iconic Sheffield venue before his retirement.
He told The Sun: “I’ve played Stephen in a few matches at his club and my club in the last three-four weeks. We play for a £10 a set.
“And believe me, he’s trying harder then than he was when played me at the world champs.
“We have had some good old battles down the years. The extra practice has definitely helped me.”;)

Delboy99

Mare
Judd Trump trails 5-3 to Barry Hawkins in the quarter-final of the Tour Championship heading into Thursday's evening session.
Hawkins got off to a strong start, registering a break of 70 to put himself one up in the opening frame before settling for 90 in the second. He was well placed to hit a century, but he missed a red.
Trump showed signs of a fightback in the third as Hawkins conceded in an attritional battle by falling 74-11.
The fourth saw Hawkins complete mishit a red, barely touching the ball, which handed advantage to Trump. The world number one went on to a break of 119 to record his 78th century of the season.
With Trump struggling to get going after the interval, Hawkins took a low scoring fifth 56-7. The Hawk then snatched the sixth on the black to restore a two-frame lead.
Momentum was with the world number 13 who secured this third frame in a row, with Trump conceding after Hawkins quickly produced a fine break of 63.
The world number one was visibly frustrated in the final frame of the session, but he responded well with a break of 98 to give him some hope ahead of the pair resuming at 19:00.

TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE​

Monday, March 22
John Higgins 8-10 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Tuesday, March 23
Neil Robertson 10-5 Jack Lisowski
Wednesday, March 24
Mark Selby 10-3 Kyren Wilson (1pm and 7pm)
Thursday, March 25
Judd Trump 3-5 Barry Hawkins (1pm and 7pm)
Friday, March 26
Neil Robertson v Mark Selby (1pm and 7pm)
Saturday, March 27
Trump/Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan (1pm and 7pm)
Sunday, March 28
Final (1pm and 7pm) ;)

Delboy99

Mare
For Jimmy White, a renewal of rivalries with Stephen Hendry is enough to unleash a flood of memories - but few of them are happy ones.
Both men might now be in their fifties and well past their prime - Hendry only returned to the circuit earlier this month - but their reunion in the first round of qualifying for the Betfred World Championship in April promises to be one of snooker's red-letter occasions.
For White, however, the draw was bittersweet. In four World Championship finals between 1990 and 1994, White was beaten by Hendry: all left scars, although the deepest wounds were inflicted in 1992, when he lost despite being 14-8 ahead, and then 18-17 two years later.
While Hendry clocked up a record seven titles in total, White never did win a world final, although he was crowned the 'People's Champion', with public sympathy cranking up after each apparently impossible defeat.
White's free-spirited playing style was an endearing contrast to Hendry's more clinical approach, but the fact he was just as much a 'Whirlwind' in his private life ultimately proved decisive in denying him a title.
In his own autobiography White, now 58, claimed “I am lucky to be alive…I know drugs probably cost me 10 world titles”.
Speaking after the draw against Hendry, he said: “I have beaten Stephen in the World Championship a couple of times, but unfortunately they aren’t the ones everyone talks about.
“I lost the four finals to him…but in those [early 1990s] days I was giving him a head start of about 10 grams of cocaine and four bottles of Jack Daniels.
“I came very close in winning two of the finals against him. In 1992 I was 14-8 up and getting my winning speech ready, but lost the next 10 frames.
“And then in 1994 I twitched a black in the decider at 17-17. But it is what it is, and I might not have been here if I had won the World Championship the way I was.”
White and Hendry's rivalry was always a friendly one - the Scot had practised with White, six years his senior, when he was just 13, and left an indelible impression even then.
“I knew he was something special straight away and he became one of the greatest players the game has seen,” White added. “I played the majority of my best years against legends, two of the best ever in Steve Davis and Stephen. Steve was a bit more conservative at the table.
“And then there was this fantastic potter Stephen that came along and I had to compete against both. We have had so many battles not only at the World Championship but throughout our careers. And to draw each other at this stage of our careers is very bizarre.”
Either player would need to win four matches to get back to the Crucible. Hendry’s last appearance was in 2012, while White has not got to Sheffield since 2006, but the Londoner’s head is still spinning that fate has taken a hand, and given him a chance of some revenge so late in his career.
“I didn’t even see the draw announced on TV this week, or see it in any email,” he said. “I had just finished practising, turned my phone on and I saw that I had two missed calls from Stephen.
“That on its own wasn’t too strange because we had been practising together recently. But I started thinking he wouldn’t call me twice so quickly like that to arrange a session.
“So I started to suspect what might have happened. I called him back, he said ‘Can you believe that’, and then I knew.
“It is absolutely bizarre, something from the snooker gods for sure. It is one that a lot of people might enjoy and look forward to.
“My closing line to him was that we wouldn’t be having a practice together before that match. But for me, I have found a bit of form and whoever I played, that is what I would be taking into it.
“I know that I will be playing him Tuesday week, and it is all about being ready for that. I haven’t stopped practising for about two or three years now. I'm much more disciplined than I used to be.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Neil Robertson has the upper hand in his Tour Championship semi-final with Mark Selby after taking a 6-2 lead.
The Australian raced into a four-frame advantage at the start of the match and looked set to run away with the contest.
Selby regrouped after the interval, but Robertson was able to share the session and will return later on Friday requiring four frames for victory.
After taking a scrappy opener, Robertson pounced on a safety error from Selby in the second frame and clinically compiled a break of 114, his 51st century of the season.
Selby was caught on camera rubbing his eyes between the second and third frames. He looked out of sorts at the table and a string of misses, notably a black into the bottom left pocket, allowed Robertson to extend his lead to 3-0.
Three-time world champion Selby was left in his seat after a poor break off in the fourth frame, as a 77 ensured Robertson took all four frames prior to the interval.
Selby went straight to the practice table during the interval and whatever he worked on appeared to have an impact as he returned from the break in better form and a contribution of 80 got him on the board.
Robertson was rock solid prior to the interval, but he made a mistake in the sixth frame and Selby stepped in with a break of 93 to cut the gap.
The 2010 world champion steadied the ship by taking the seventh frame thanks to a couple of solid contributions.
The eighth was in the balance as both missed chances, but it pivoted Robertson's way when Selby left a free ball in failing to get out of a snooker.
The 2019 runner-up did not wrap up the frame at the first time of asking and Selby fought hard for snookers. He got two of the three required, but Robertson survived the onslaught to secure a four-frame advantage heading into the evening session. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Neil Robertson breezed into the final of the Tour Championship with a 10-3 win over Mark Selby.
The Australian broke the back of the final in the first session as he compiled a 6-2 lead.
He did not let up in the evening, making a statement century in the opening frame, and it set him up for a meeting with either Ronnie O’Sullivan or Barry Hawkins in the final at the Celtic Manor Resort on Sunday.
It was a scrappy start to the evening, as it took nearly 13 minutes for a ball to be potted. Selby was first in but passed up the chance and Robertson punished him in ruthless style.
A 136, his fifth century of the event, eclipsed Jack Lisowski’s previous tournament best of 129 to set Robertson on his way to the winning line.
Losing the opening frame of the evening was a setback for Selby, seeing Robertson steal the second was a dagger to the heart.
Selby was well set with a 43-point lead, but he broke down and Robertson stroked a long red into the heart of the bottom right pocket and swiftly compiled an 84 to move further clear.
A break of 55 enabled Selby to stop the rot in the 11th frame, and it raised hope that one of the fiercest competitors in the game could mount a fight back against a player who had won six of their last seven meetings; all three this term.
Robertson is well aware of Selby’s ability to win from unpromising positions, and produced the perfect response to losing the 11th frame.
A missed red from Selby handed the table to Robertson, but the balls were not well positioned. However, the 2010 world champion kept brilliant cueball control in a break of 103 - his 53rd century of the season - that only contained one black due to it being tied up for the majority of his time at the table.
Robertson secured victory in the 13th frame, but the only surprise was that he did not cap a fabulous display with a century. He looked well set on 45, only to surprisingly miss a black.
He got a second bite shortly afterwards and took it to book his place in a professional final for the 46th time in his career. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Ronnie O’Sullivan and Neil Robertson are locked together at 4-4 after a high-quality first session of the Tour Championship final.
After the first four frames were shared, Robertson went up a gear to put daylight between himself and O’Sullivan.
However, the world champion responded by taking the final two frames of the afternoon to set things up nicely for a Sunday night main course.
The pair will return for the evening session, 10 is the magic number, with the match in the balance as both are in prime form having shared four centuries in eight frames.
O’Sullivan took the first, scrappy frame as he took a lead that Robertson could not challenge with an awkward spread of balls on the table, leading the Australian to concede at 63-17.
Robinson looked to be putting Barry Hawkins’ high-break £10,000 bonus at risk when he hit the first century of the match, but could only reach 103 to leave the prize intact for the Englishman.
O’Sullivan then hit back with a century break of his own of 128 to reclaim the lead going into the penultimate mid-session frame.
In the fourth frame, Robertson put 70 on the scoreboard to leave Sullivan with everything to do to stay ahead before the break.
But the Rocket was unable to force enough errors to warrant staying at the table.

Delboy99

Mare

World Snooker Championship Last 32 Draw

Ronnie O’Sullivan (1)vsQualifier
QualifiervsAnthony McGill (16)
Ding Junhui (9)vsQualifier
QualifiervsStephen Maguire (8)
———-———-———-
John Higgins (5)vsQualifier
QualifiervsMark Williams (12)
Mark Allen (13)vsQualifier
QualifiervsMark Selby (4)
———-———-———-
Neil Robertson (3)vsQualifier
QualifiervsJack Lisowski (14)
Barry Hawkins (11)vsQualifier
QualifiervsKyren Wilson (6)
———-———-———-
Shaun Murphy (7)vsQualifier
QualifiervsYan Bingtao (10)
David Gilbert (15)vsQualifier
QualifiervsJudd Trump (1)
;)

Delboy99

Mare

Australian snooker star Neil Robertson jokes that a LLAMA was his inspiration for eye-catching new lockdown hairstyle... as fans liken former world No 1 to Annie and Jon Pertwee's 1970s Doctor Who after victory over Ronnie O'Sullivan banked him £150,000​

• Neil Robertson defeated Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-4 to win the Tour Championship
  • Australian star had fans going wild over his lockdown hairstyle on social media
  • Robertson debuted his curly blond locks during the tournament at Celtic Manor
  • He joked that a llama was the inspiration behind his eye-catching new hairdo
  • Fans have likened the 39-year-old to Annie and Doctor Who during the 1970s. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
... I have to say that this is the most ridiculous hairstyle I have come across.If he put his head behind sheep getting sheared, he would end up getting cropped with the rest of them! ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Mark Williams secured a 3-0 whitewash against Australian Neil Robertson in Group 7 of the Championship League.
Williams won a scrappy first frame 68-34, before hitting an unanswered 73 in total in the second.

Robertson made a better fist of his last chance in the third frame but could not stop a clear victory for Williams as the Welshman won 68-58.
Earlier in the round, David Gilbert secured a 3-2 win over Joe Perry, who had beaten Robertson 3-1 in the day's second result.
Robertson's sole win came against Kurt Maflin, winning 3-2, as he also lost 3-2 to Yan Bingtao. Bingtao also defeated Maflin 3-1, and Perry by the same scoreline.
Williams had three victories, falling to Anthony McGill 3-2 and then beating Maflin and then Gilbert 3-1. McGill lost another of his games 3-1, against Gilbert, before winning the last game of the night 3-1 against Maflin.

Results, Group 7​

• Yan Bingtao 3-1 Kurt Maflin
  • Joe Perry 3-1 Neil Robertson
  • Mark Williams 3-1 Kurt Maflin
  • David Gilbert 3-1 Anthony McGill
  • Yan Bingtao 3-2 Neil Robertson
  • Anthony McGill 3-2 Mark Williams
  • Neil Robertson 3-2 Kurt Maflin
  • David Gilbert 3-2 Joe Perry
  • Mark Williams 3-0 Neil Robertson
  • Yan Bingtao 3-1 Joe Perry
  • Mark Williams 3-1 David Gilbert
  • Anthony McGill 3-1 Kurt Maflin ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Neil Robertson is relishing competing at the World Championship after his partner Mille arranged for his father to travel over to the United Kingdom ahead of the showpiece event.
The 2010 world champion has revealed to the World Snooker Tour, in an interview conducted on March 22, that he had not seen his family for two years and it had begun to weigh heavily on him.

However, his partner Mille had spoken to authorities in Australia to organize his father’s travel to the United Kingdom – a gesture that left the 39-year-old cueist hugely emotional.
“Mille did something absolutely amazing,” began Robertson.
“She saw me struggling and how much I was missing my family back home. She wrote a letter to Australia, and she got my dad over,” said the Melbournian as his voice began to waver.

At first they knocked her back, but she wrote a letter to the Australian government and, it's kind of a bit silly, but she mentioned my achievements and stuff and how much I miss my dad - I didn't think I'd get emotional talking about it - but he arrived yesterday morning.

“I didn't even know that she had that planned. It is just unbelievable that she was able to do that for me. I can't believe it.
“Going two years without seeing your family is so tough and seeing my dad was unbelievable. Now I have a completely different mindset.
“I can't wait to play in the worlds and it doesn't matter what happens, it's just great to have my dad here now.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
The draw and playing schedule for the final stages of the 2021 Betfred World Championship at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield is now available.
Click here for the Crucible 2021 draw
Click here for the Crucible 2021 format
Ronnie O’Sullivan begins his quest for a seventh world title on the opening day, Saturday April 17. He starts in the first session at 10am and plays to a finish from 7pm. The other seeds in action on the opening day will be Yan Bingtao, Stephen Maguire, Neil Robertson and David Gilbert.
Four-time Crucible king John Higgins starts his opening match on Sunday April 18th, while world number one Judd Trump takes the stage on Tuesday April 20th.
The draw for the final stages, pitting the top 16 against 16 qualifiers, will be made at 11am on Thursday April 15th and fans can watch live on platforms including Betfred TV and WST’s Facebook Live.
The main event runs from April 17 to May 3. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
The day is almost nigh, and the waiting is practically over. On Monday night the Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White saga is renewed, and the snooker and wider sporting public are primed for nostalgia overload.
In the early 1990s, it wasn’t a Betfred World Championship without these two featuring in the Crucible final – with due apologies to John Parrott, the 1991 winner.
So to see record seven-time world champion Hendry, 52, paired in the first qualifying round this year with the 58-year-old Whirlwind, who lost six finals in total and four to the Scot, evokes a plethora of vivid memories.
Both are four wins away from an emotional return to the iconic venue. White has not made it there since 2006, and Hendry – making a comeback this year – not since the year he retired in 2012.
And for all the other miseries he has inflicted on White, Hendry would in all likelihood knock him off the tour with another victory.
Speaking on Betfred TV, White said: “We were practising together before the draw and I was coming out on top…but playing for a tenner a set is not like playing for £500,000!
“Barry Hearn said the draw was fate. I will be nervous, I hope I am because that is half the buzz. We had those four finals and I had good chances in two of them, losing 10 frames in a row in 1992 is hard to address.
“If I could get back to the Crucible that would be a dream come true…but it is doable. I am sorry the match against Stephen is only best of 11 frames, but that is still a proper match.”
Hendry got to the top and stayed there – No1 for nine seasons including eight on the bounce – through talent, determination, dedication, temperament and courage, notably when his back was up against the wall.
But nurturing his career from the beginning as a teenager and through the 1990s era of dominance was former manager Ian Doyle. The draw against White also brought back memories for Hendry’s then corner man.
Doyle says, “I know what Stephen wants to achieve…a win at the Crucible, and he can do that. Maybe not this season, but next season, in 12 months’ time.
“I remember the 1992 final when Stephen at 14-9 down had the chance to snooker Jimmy behind the black or take on a really tough brown.
“He chose the brown, but that was him, an unbelievable shot and Jimmy didn’t win another frame. It knocked Jimmy for six, Stephen won the last 10.
“And in the 1994 final that went to 17-17 and a decider, Jimmy was in the balls. He always said he twitched the black, but I think he got a kick.
“Stephen suffered a broken arm in 1994, and played in a lot of pain. The specialist said he couldn’t play. I said ‘What do you mean he can’t play, it’s his left arm!”
A couple of years ago I had the privilege of talking with both players about their two most memorable Betfred World Championship clashes, the finals of 1992 and 1994 referred to by Doyle, in writing the book ‘The Crucible’s Greatest Matches’.
Those reflections now seem even more poignant given that the saga has been resurrected.
In 1992 White looked poised to win a first world title from his fourth final in Sheffield, having surged into a 14-8 lead. But Hendry crucially took the last two frames of the third session, and as he grew ever stronger the Whirlwind faltered. 10 frames in a row later, Hendry won 18-14.
White said, “At 14-8 ahead I was thinking how I was going to thank my old headmaster for giving me time off school to go down the snooker club and practice. I was going to win. But by the end I couldn’t have potted the balls if he had left them over the holes, I was gone.
“It is a horrible feeling when that happens out there, when it all starts going wrong self-doubt creeps in and you question everything. It has to be the most disappointing loss of my life.”
Hendry, citing the brave brown mentioned by Doyle as one of the shots of his career, said, “After the first frame of the evening to get to 14-11 I looked at Jimmy, you sensed if he was under pressure. He would towel his face, run hands through his hair, hit balls too hard and sweat more.
“I was in my groove. And when I was in the zone, I could frighten other players. It was very satisfying to come back from that far down and get 10 frames in a row. It made you feel invincible.”
In White’s sixth and what was to prove last Crucible final in 1994, it was the horror of a missed black off the spot when well set in the decider that cost him dearly as Hendry leapt out of his chair to clear up and win 18-17.
White, who afterwards came out with the unforgettable line ‘He’s beginning to annoy me’ after a fourth final defeat to the Scot, said, “It is a massive twitch on the black, like you get the yips in golf when putting. It is amazing though…I still have to console other people now almost on a daily basis.
“You realise there were others almost more upset and disappointed than you were. But no one should feel sorry for me. I have had a hoot at this game.”
Hendry recalled, “The atmosphere in that last frame was fantastic. I am not expecting Jimmy to miss, I thought it was gone. And when he missed the black, I have never got out of my chair faster.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Looking forward to this. I assume it'll be televised. ?
..... I don't really see how they can really miss this big occasion and between two great pals who have seen it all over the years. Perhaps both of them will not be at their best as they were years ago, but still a lot of pride to play for and it should be a great source of entertainment for those looking on. ;)

Pitmatic

Filly
It's going to be difficult to watch live, I would think, as it's going to be streamed on Eurosport online and also via the Eurosport app.

I've just checked on Sky and it isn't being shown on either of the Eurosport channels on that platform.

It starts at 7.30pm and it looks like it's going to necessitate a trawl through the hooky online streaming sites!!,