• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare
Stephen Hendry is producing ‘exceptional’ work on the practice table and is showing plenty of signs of his old self ahead of his return to professional snooker, says his coach and major player in his comeback, Stephen Feeney. Hendry plays his first professional match since 2012 on Tuesday night when he takes on Matt Selt in the first round of the Gibraltar Open, finally capitalising on the two-year wildcard he was handed at the start of the season. The 52-year-old has been out of the game for a long time and practiced very little for much of that spell, so there is great intrigue over where his skills stand in 2021. The seven-time world champion has been working with Feeney and his SightRight methods for over a year now and has been given the confidence to compete once again, with the ultimate goal of a sensational return to the Crucible.
Feeney’s method is based around sighting the ball correctly, which is surprisingly something that many players do not do with some inadvertently aiming to miss pots as they are incorrectly aligned. He has worked successfully with the likes of Ronnie O’Sullivan, Mark Williams and Dave Gilbert and believes he is managing to ‘put the pieces back together’ of the old Stephen Hendry. The Scot famously suffered with the yips at the end of his previous spell on tour, but Feeney believes this was down to technical issues that crept into his game that he is capable of fixing. ‘I think it’s fair to say Stephen would score his game 1/10 when he came to me,’ Feeney told Metro.co.uk. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Matt Selt was pleasantly surprised with how well Stephen Hendry played against him in his comeback match at the Gibraltar Open after not being impressed at all with what he saw from his good friend in practice. Hendry was playing his first match back on tour in nearly nine years, retiring from the sport in 2012 but accepting a two-year wildcard to return at the start of this season. That return was finally made in the first round of the Gibraltar Open on Tuesday night and, although he suffered a 4-1 defeat to Selt, the Scot looked good, making a break of 107 in the one frame he won. Selt was clearly delighted to pick up the victory but was also pleased that his pal is playing well again on his journey back into professional snooker.
Matt Selt was pleasantly surprised with how well Stephen Hendry played against him in his comeback match at the Gibraltar Open after not being impressed at all with what he saw from his good friend in practice. Hendry was playing his first match back on tour in nearly nine years, retiring from the sport in 2012 but accepting a two-year wildcard to return at the start of this season. That return was finally made in the first round of the Gibraltar Open on Tuesday night and, although he suffered a 4-1 defeat to Selt, the Scot looked good, making a break of 107 in the one frame he won. Selt was clearly delighted to pick up the victory but was also pleased that his pal is playing well again on his journey back into professional snooker. The two men are coached by Stephen Feeney and practiced together as Hendry prepared for his comeback and Selt says the difference in Hendry’s game between then and now is profound. ‘I’m not really one for beating around the bush, as many people will know and coming into this match I knew that if he played anything like he did against me in practice then there’s no possible way he could have won that match, impossible, Selt told a post-match press conference. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Neil Robertson suffered a shock 4-2 loss to Lei Peifan in the first round of the Gibraltar Open.
At 17, Lei is making his way in the game but he showed no signs of nerves against the former world champion.
Robertson made a surprising amount of errors and they cost him dear, as Lei advanced to the second round.
The rot set in early for Robertson, who made a surprise error of judgement when taking on a red that had little value with no way of getting on a colour. He left it in the jaws and Lei was able to step in and take the opening frame.
Robertson hit back to take the second, but the 39-year-old made another mistake when missing a red and seeing it bounce round the table and into the open for Lei to pounce and move back in front.
Lei took the fourth frame to move within one of victory. He had a chance to close out the win in the fifth frame following a Robertson error, but he ran out of position from brown to blue and his Australian opponent took the final colours to keep himself alive.
Robertson, the world number three, had a chance to force a decider when in the balls in the sixth, but he did not get a great split of the pack and missed a tough recovery red.
Lei blinked in the previous frame, but held himself together superbly with a match-clinching break of 56.
Robertson made him sweat by coming back to the table requiring five snookers. He got one and closed the gap courtesy of a free ball, but Lei got his chance and knocked in the colours to secure the win and a meeting with Dylan Emery who beat Ben Hancorn 4-0.
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh was not at his best, but he still had too much table craft to claim a 4-0 win over Sean Maddocks. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Mark Selby hit back from trailing Ken Doherty 2-0 in the Gibraltar Open second round to stay on course for a dramatic £200,000 semi-final meeting with world number one Judd Trump.
Selby started the final tournament of the six-event BetVictor Series £6,500 behind Trump, who picked up the £150,000 bonus with a 4-3 win over Kyren Wilson in last year's final on top of a £50,000 first prize and £5,000 for the highest break (144).
It means Selby must better Trump's performance at the event with the pair scheduled to meet in the semi-finals on Sunday. If Selby can reach the final, he is guaranteed the bonus plus at least £20,000 for finishing runner-up or £50,000 as champion.
It would be a best-of-seven match with a serious financial hit for the loser, who would collect only £6,000 for missing out.
The three-times world champion Selby meets Chris Wakelin in the last 32 following his win over Doherty. Trump later completed a 4-1 victory over Sunny Akani boosted by two 124 breaks and a closing 55 to secure a clash with Liang Wenbo or Robert Milkins.
"To have that purse in there with only me and Judd that can win it makes it a bit more exciting," said Selby.
In a way, I hope we both get to the semi-finals because it means we both have gave it a good run. If I win I get it, if he wins he gets it.
"If I lose before the semis, he gets it before winning it as such. It would be good if it did get to the semi-finals, but there is a lot of hard work to be done before then," added the European Masters and Scottish Open champion.
"In patches, I feel really good. I feel like I'm scoring when I get my chances." ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Jimmy White drew on all his experience to claim a 4-2 win over Stuart Bingham in the second round of the Gibraltar Open.
White came into the contest with a deal of confidence after winning the final four frames of his match over Joe O’Connor in the first round.
His form, and that of Bingham, was not great on Friday, but he shrugged off the errors to edge over the line for his first win over his opponent in 19 years.
Bingham appeared to be cueing extremely well as he compiled a break of 43 in the opener, but miscued a pink to an extent that he left a scuff mark on the white that required attention before the match could continue.
The miscue proved costly, albeit it took White a couple of visits to get over the line - with his pots on yellow, green and brown on the colours all excellent.
Bingham needed a response to settle the nerves after a string of misses and the miscue, and he did that with a couple of solid contributions to take the second.
White hit back to take the third to raise hopes of securing his first win over Bingham since the Thailand Masters of 2002, but it was heart-racing stuff before he edged ahead for a second time.
The six-time World Championship finalist made an excellent break of 46 to move 55 points to the good and later in the frame knocked in a tough yellow to leave Bingham requiring a snooker.
Bingham got the snooker on the brown and looked set to clear up, but in potting the blue he snookered himself on the pink. The 2015 world champion got out of the snooker, but left the pink on and White knocked it into the left middle.
Securing a seeding at the World Championship is a big aim for the remainder of the season for Bingham. He knew the importance of a good run this week and drew level with a good contribution in the fourth but lost an attritional fifth.
Both players gifted chances to each other, and the balls finally fell in White's favour when Bingham missed a narrow cut of a red into the yellow pocket and the 58-year-old stepped in to move within one frame of victory.
All players ask for is a chance with the winning line in sight. Bingham gifted that to White when he missed a red into the bottom-left pocket with the balls spread.
If White had nerves, he did not show them as he produced his most fluent play of the match to secure victory with a break of 74.
For Bingham, he may now have to steel himself for World Championship qualification.;)

Delboy99

Mare
World number 10 Jack Lisowski hopes tomorrow will be his “best day ever”, after reaching the last eight of the BetVictor Gibraltar Open with a 4-1 defeat of Anthony Hamilton.
Lisowski will face Lu Ning in the quarter-finals, with the remaining three rounds to be played out on Sunday. Having now appeared in five ranking finals, 29-year-old Lisowski is bidding to end his wait for a maiden ranking title tomorrow.
Despite enjoying a strong season so far, which has included final appearances at the World Grand Prix and the BildBet German Masters, Lisowski’s top 16 place ahead of the World Championship remains under threat. However, he has crucially moved ahead of Anthony McGill into 15th position in the Race to the Crucible by coming through two rounds today.
Lisowski won this evening’s encounter in style, firing in breaks of 88, 68, 126 and 65 on his way to victory.
“I felt pretty sharp and played some good stuff. He is one of my favourite players to watch, so every time I play him, I tend to play well. It is a great result to beat someone like Anthony and I’ve got a lot of momentum at the moment,” said Lisowski.
“I’ve got confidence and I feel comfortable around the table. That is my fourth game in a row on the TV table. I’m getting more used to that environment and I’m starting to enjoy it. My game is in a good place.
“It’s a big day tomorrow with three matches. Maybe it is going to suit me. There is not much time to think and it is roll on and roll off. Fingers crossed I can play well tomorrow and it can be the best day ever.”
World number one Judd Trump earned his place in the last eight with a 4-0 defeat of Switzerland’s Alexander Ursenbacher. Trump faces former Masters champion Mark Allen in the quarter-finals, who beat Ricky Walden 4-1 this evening.
The Ace in the Pack is assured to leave the event with the £150,000 BetVictor European Series bonus. He is guaranteed to top the series standings after Mark Selby’s defeat last night.
Matthew Selt booked his quarter-final spot with a 4-1 defeat of Iran’s Soheil Vahedi. He’s up against Chris Wakelin, who defeated Jimmy White 4-2.
Stuart Carrington reached the final day with a 4-0 defeat of David Gilbert. The Grimsby cueman crafted runs of 115, 68 and 96 on his way to a fine victory. He’ll face China’s Xiao Guodong, who defeated Welshman Jamie Clarke 4-1. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
The remainder of the WST Pro Series, running from March 9 to 21, will be crucial in the race to qualify for both the Cazoo Tour Championship and the Betfred World Championship.

Catch me if you can: Hawkins remains ahead of Zhou

At the end of the WST Pro Series, the top eight players on the one-year ranking list will go through to Celtic Manor for the Cazoo Tour Championship to compete for a top prize of £150,000.

The top seven players on the list as it stands are safe, with eighth-placed Barry Hawkins the only one in danger, with a tally of £112,500. Jordan Brown, with £100,000, and Zhou Yuelong with £85,500, are the only two players who can catch him.

Zhou has already made it through the first phase of the WST Pro Series and will compete in the second phase next week. Brown and Hawkins are in action in the first phase this week. The eventual winner of the tournament will earn between £30,500 and £34,000 – depending on whether he finishes first or second in the first two group phases.

Prize money is:

First group stage
Winner: £4,000
Runner-up: £3,000
3rd Place: £2,500
4th Place: £2,000
5th Place: £1,500
6th Place: £1,000
7th Place: £500
8th Place: £0

Second group stage
Winner: £10,000
Runner-up: £7,500
3rd place: £5,000
4th place: £4,000
5th place: £3,000
6th place: £2,000
7th place: £1,500
8th place: £1,000

Final group stage
Winner: £20,000
Runner-up: £10,000
3rd place: £7,500
4th place: £5,000
5th place: £4,000
6th place: £3,000
7th place: £2,000
8th place: £1,000

For all players who do not make it to Celtic Manor, the WST Pro Series is the last counting event before seeding is confirmed for the Betfred World Championship. The qualifying rounds for snooker’s biggest event start on April 7, with only the top 16 on the official two-year list (as it stands at the end of the Cazoo Tour Championship) seeded through to the Crucible. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Judd Trump whitewashed Jack Lisowski to claim his fifth ranking title of the season at the Gibraltar Open in Milton Keynes.
Trump's 4-0 win extended the agony for world number 10 Lisowski, who had also fallen to Trump in the World Grand Prix and German Masters finals.
And it moved Trump to within one of equalling last season's record of six ranking title wins, with three more tournaments still outstanding.
Having fallen short in the recent Welsh Open and Players' Championship, Trump told Eurosport: "It's important not to let it drag on too much, and two events is too much for me.
"I knew I had to do something about it so I just tried changing a few things to try to get my enjoyment back – I think I was getting too down on myself when I wasn't playing my best."
In a tournament whose final three rounds were all completed on Sunday, Trump also whitewashed Mark Allen before facing a tough semi-final against Matthew Selt.
Trump trailed 1-0 and was on the verge of falling further behind before getting the two snookers he required to swing the match in his favour and ultimately sealing a 4-1 win.
Lisowski had taken a tougher route, edging consecutive final-frame deciders over Lu Ning and Stuart Carrington to keep alive his hopes of a first career crown.
Unfortunately for Lisowski, Trump maintained the long-potting prowess that had served him so well in the tournament to take the opening frame.
Jack Lisowski suffered his third final defeat to Judd Trump this season (Nigel French/PA)
And when Trump won the next to move halfway from victory with a break of 106, it looked for Lisowski that it would be a case of history repeating itself.
He needed to capitalise on what few chances came his way, and when a missed pink brought an end to a promising break in the following frame, he fell further behind.And Trump wrapped up a sensational title defence with a break of 94, only being denied a second century of the final by a missed pink.Afterwards Trump paid tribute to Lisowski, adding: "I've seen him my whole life and he deserves to be two or three in the world, he's that good. When he gets that first win he'll be unstoppable.";)

Delboy99

Mare
Ronnie O’Sullivan: A phenomenon, a gentleman and mad as cheese, says Anthony Hamilton.

Ronnie O’Sullivan is unquestionably the greatest snooker player of all time and a gentleman on the table, but also a lunatic who is ‘mad as cheese’ says his former practice partner Anthony Hamilton. Hamilton and O’Sullivan go back a long way, to the days they used to practice together in Ilford 20 years ago and produce mythically high standards of play. The Rocket turned professional in 1992, a year after the Sheriff of Pottingham so they have spent an awful long time on the same circuit together and one is well placed to judge the other. There is no doubt in Hamilton’s mind that O’Sullivan is the finest player in the history of snooker, although he feels Stephen Hendry is not a million miles behind in the number two slot.
‘Of course, yeah. It’s such an obvious answer that I think the question is already a moot point. It’s Ronnie,’ Hamilton said on the Talking Snooker podcast. ‘I think it’s closer than a lot of people think. I don’t like the way everyone is forgetting about Hendry a bit. They forget how good Hendry was. ‘It’s not what Ronnie does, it’s the way he does it. It’s not like sport, it’s like art. ‘If you went to the players who have played Ronnie on TV and ask them how they feel when they are playing him. They feel like they haven’t played for three months, that they can’t play the game against him almost. ‘The intimidation that Ronnie’s got…he intimidates great players, not just average players like me, because he’s so good.
;)

Delboy99

Mare
Two-times world finalist Ali Carter rolled in four century breaks as he topped Group H on 18 points in a dominant display with six wins from seven matches as Mark Davis joined him in the last 32 in Milton Keynes.
Former six-red world champion Mark Davis won his final group games 2-0 against Carter, to go with wins against Hamim Hussain and Dylan Emery that saw him edge out world number 98 Simon Lichtenberg on frame difference for second place in the group with both players finishing on 15 points.
Carter enjoyed knocks of 141, 135, 103 and 101 to continue his strong recent surge in form that helped him reach the quarter-finals of the Welsh Open and last 32 of the Gibraltar Open.
“I scored heavily and I’m delighted to get through,” said the world number 24.
I have been working hard on my break-building, trying to change my game. I am playing more attacking snooker and making more centuries.
"I am coming into form at the right time and looking forward to the rest of the season. I am enjoying it and trying not to beat myself up as much when I don’t play well.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare

The preliminary phase for this year’s blue-riband event is less than a month away.

The early rounds for the 2021 World Snooker Championship qualifiers will again be played over the best-of-11 frames, the World Snooker Tour has revealed.
Previously, all matches in the qualifiers were held across 19 frames and two sessions of snooker, but the changes that were made last year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic have been carried forward into this season as well.
Indeed, the format is the same as in 2020, with every player outside the top 16 in the world rankings vying for the coveted qualification spots to reach the Crucible Theatre.
The first three rounds will take place over the shorter 11 frames guise, before the usual 19-frame set of final round fixtures is conducted – otherwise known as Judgement Day.
The qualifiers for the World Snooker Championship will begin on April 5th – two days earlier than initially scheduled – and will run until April 14th, with the extra days added to maximise the number of matches the WST can broadcast around the world.
The main event gets under way on April 17th, with reigning champion Ronnie O’Sullivan set to challenge for a record-equalling seventh title in the modern era.
Stephen Hendry, the man who currently holds onto that record, will be bidding to make his return to the scene of his most famous triumphs when he participates in the qualifiers for the first time in nine years.
The action will be available to watch live on the Eurosport app and the Matchroom.Live streaming service, with the draw set to be announced after the conclusion of the Tour Championship at the end of March.

World Snooker Championship Qualifiers Format

• Players seeded 81-144 contest the opening round.
  • In round two, those 32 winners will face players seeded 49-80.
  • In round three, those 32 winners will face players seeded 17-48.
  • In round four, those 32 winners play each other, with the 16 winners going through to the Crucible. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Two experienced Englishmen comfortably moved beyond the opening phase of the new competition.

Former ranking event winners Barry Hawkins and Ricky Walden topped Group D of the WST Pro Series with relative ease on Friday in Milton Keynes.
The pair both recorded a 6-1 win-loss record to finish the round-robin on 18 points, six ahead of Jimmy Robertson in third place.
Walden boasted a 100% record until his last match with Hawkins, but defeat to the former World Championship runner-up prevented him from taking top spot in their Pro Series group.
With Hawkins collecting the £4,000 winner’s cheque, the 41 year-old has strengthened his chances of qualifying for the lucrative Tour Championship later this month.
Robertson, Gerard Greene, and Alexander Ursenbacher were among the others in the group who have been eliminated from the tournament.

What is the WST Pro Series?The format for the WST Pro Series is quite similar to that which was utilised for two out of the three editions of the Championship League that were staged during 2020.​

There are 16 groups comprising eight players in each, with a round-robin phase determining the top two who will advance to the second group stage.
Eight groups in the first stage already took place in January, while the outcome from the remaining eight groups will be determined over the coming days.
Shaun Murphy, Kyren Wilson, Stuart Bingham, and Jack Lisowski are among the bigger names who have already made it through.
The 32 players who progress to stage two will be split into four more groups of eight, with the top two again moving forward from each to contest the final group.
That remaining set of eight players will subsequently battle it out in the same fashion to become the overall champion.
There is a total tournament prize fund of £420,500, broken down in various ways throughout the three group stages.
The winner, however, stands to collect at least £30,000 in an event that incorporates a sprint best-of-three frames format throughout. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Mark Williams won Group P at the WST Pro Series event in Milton Keynes to all but secure his place at the World Championship next month.
The three-times world champion enjoyed six wins from seven matches to top the section on frame difference ahead of Robert Milkins, who also finished on 18 points with six wins from seven.
Milkins hit a wonderful break of 142 in a 2-1 victory against Chinese 16-year-old Gao Yang, who Williams later tipped for a golden future in the game.
Williams feels reaching the last 32 of the inaugural Pro Series event means he will not have to qualify for the World Championship which begins on Saturday 17 April in Sheffield.
“I thought I played alright all of the way through. I was lucky in a couple of frames," said the world number 13, who hit two century breaks and suffered his only defeat of the day to Milkins.
"I was lucky to beat Florian (Nuessle), I got a snooker and won the first frame on the black and then won the next on the pink.
"It wasn’t as easy as it looked, but I’m just happy to be in the next group.

My aim was just to get to the Crucible without going to the qualifiers. I think I’ve done that now so I’m just looking forward to it and will enjoy it.
The second group stage of the WST Pro Series begins on Wednesday 17 March with 32 qualifiers from 16 groups making up four more groups of eight.
The final group will be contested between the top two from each group on Sunday 21 March, the day before the Tour Championship begins at Celtic Manor in Wales. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Ronnie O’Sullivan handed GOAT snub as rival John Higgins named snooker’s all-time best.

Six-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has been overlooked in favour of John Higgins for the title of snooker's greatest ever player, according to a new study. 'The Rocket' is widely regarded as one of the finest competitors to have graced the Crucible, but was beaten to the all-time crown by Higgins, who won the most recent meeting between the pair last month.
The 45-year-old registered an impressive 10-3 victory to seal the Players Championship title and condemn O'Sullivan to his fourth successive loss in a final.

Higgins has now claimed another triumph over his old rival after he was named the greatest player of all time as part of a study by the University of Limerick.

The project, led by Joseph D O'Brien, examined close to 48,000 results between 1968 and 2020 before concluding that Higgins stands head and shoulders above the rest.

A complex algorithm weighted results based on the individual quality of opponents and the head-to-head records of leading players.

Higgins was named at the top of the all-time list ahead of O'Sullivan in second place, with Mark Williams and Stephen Hendry occupying third and fourth respectively. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Snooker news - Ronnie O'Sullivan farts, can't stop laughing, plays shot one-handed at WST Pro Series​

Six-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan was in no mood to be serious during his Group I match against Tom Ford at the WST Pro Series. The Rocket entertained himself and his opponent by farting and struggling to contain his laughter during their match. He also played a shot one-handed after fouling on a bizarre.​

Ronnie O'Sullivan could hardly contain his amusement at the 2021 WST Pro Series as he produced a comical display at the unusual event.
The 45-year-old struggled to take his match against Tom Ford on Monday at all seriously, which he lost 2-0 in surreal fashion, as he came up with a range of antics.
O'Sullivan could not get to grips with the random nature of the best-of-three fixtures as he finished bottom of Group I on frame difference, but still found ways to make the evening memorable.
After joking away with Ford prior to the match getting underway, the Rocket proceeded to strike the pink with his break-off to gift his opponent an immediate six-point lead via the foul.
He was presented another opportunity to get into the frame, but then decided to take on a wild one-handed shot which, unsurprisingly, did not result in a pot.
Ford was able to produce a break of 72 to take the opening frame as O'Sullivan watched on. The match was not being played on the main table with both players having already been eliminated from contention.
Further antics were to follow in the second frame as O'Sullivan farted loudly while coming up from his crouched stance after he drained a black to the corner pocket.
He then could not stop laughing as he continued his break and, without stopping to compose himself, got to 50 before Ford was able to score 84 to close out the bizarre match.
O'Sullivan, whose average shot time in the match was a ridiculous 11.1 seconds, could be heard saying to his opponent as he played on: "Oh dear!"
It was a day full of strange matches featuring O'Sullivan, who earlier produced a magnificent break of 141 before still losing against Ben Hancorn in the unusual format.
He then didn’t appear to do himself any favours when he arrived late for his match against Mark Joyce. The reason for his delayed appearance has not been revealed, but the punishment was for the Rocket to be docked the opening frame.
While his arrival may have been sluggish, O’Sullivan then raced through the match as he sealed a 2-1 victory in just 14 minutes. But he clearly did not hold the quirky event in high regard at all, and his participation is now over. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Enis Koylu

Jimmy White's highest break since 2010 - 140 - was not enough to secure the veteran victory over Steven Hallworth in the WST Pro Series.
The Whirlwind started the match in fitting fashion, bursting out the blocks with his biggest break in 11 years, which fell just seven short of a maximum.
It was just the second time the 58-year-old had topped 140 since 1998.
It was to no avail, however, with Hallworth responding with breaks of 62 and 98 to secure the three-frame match 2-1.
Nonetheless, White has found a little form of late, winning thee matches at the recent Gibraltar Open before losing 4-2 to Chris Wakelin in the round of 16. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

They are the first two players to advance from phase two of the competition.

Ali Carter topped Group 1 of the WST Pro Series ahead of Mark Williams after winning six out of his seven league encounters on Wednesday in Milton Keynes.
As the second stage of the new ranking event got under way, the Captain was in fine form and lost just four frames throughout the day’s play.
Carter’s only reverse came against Williams, a result that proved crucial as the Welshman sealed second place on frame difference.
Martin O’Donnell and Sunny Akani boasted the same number of round-robin points as Williams, but their inferior frame-difference record ensured that they were eliminated from the tournament.
Lyu Haotian, Louis Heathcote, James Cahill, and Ben Hancorn also failed to muster enough victories and have been knocked out.
Carter and Williams, meanwhile, head to the final group stage of the Pro Series that will take place on Sunday, with six more competitors set to join them there in the coming days.
WST Pro Series Draw: Stage Two

GROUP 1 (March 17th)GROUP 2 (March 18th)
Mark WilliamsKyren Wilson
Ali CarterShaun Murphy
Martin O’DonnellZhao Xintong
Sunny AkaniLu Ning
Lyu HaotianXiao Guodong
Louis HeathcoteBen Woollaston
James CahillRobert Milkins
Ben HancornStuart Carrington
GROUP 3 (March 19th)GROUP 4 (March 20th)
Jack LisowskiJudd Trump
Barry HawkinsMark Selby
Joe PerryStuart Bingham
Luca BrecelZhou Yuelong
Mark DavisRicky Walden
Sam CraigieRyan Day
Luo HonghaoDominic Dale
Fergal O’BrienOliver Lines
;)

Delboy99

Mare
Kyren Wilson won a crucial deciding frame to beat Stuart Carrington 2-1 and top his group in the second phase of the WST Pro Series, earning a place in the final group.
Wilson finished the day with five wins out of seven and a frame difference of plus six, exactly the same record as Xiao Guodong, with Wilson topping the group having won the head-to-head game against Xiao. Ben Woollaston also won five matches but finished third with a frame difference of plus four.
World number six Wilson and number 39 Xiao go through to Sunday’s final group, joining Mark Williams, Ali Carter and four more players. The winner of that group will be crowned champion of the world ranking event on Sunday night.
An exciting group came down to the seventh and last round of matches, with Wilson, Xiao, Carrington and Woollaston all tied on four wins from their first six.
Four-time ranking event champion Wilson faced Carrington, with the winner sure to finish among the top two. Kettering’s Wilson took the opening frame with a break of 51, then Carrington levelled with a superb 137. The decider lasted 33 minutes, Wilson taking it with a match-winning run of 44.
China’s Xiao faced Lu Ning in his final match and won 2-0 to secure his progress. That result ended Woollaston’s hopes, even though he beat Robert Milkins 2-1.
Click here for the group tables
Phase two continues on Friday from 10am with Barry Hawkins and Jack Lisowski among the players in action. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Jack Lisowski and Sam Craigie Qualify for Final Group​

The Englishmen are the fifth and sixth players to make it through.
Jack Lisowksi lost his last two games but managed to hold onto second place by the skin of his teeth and reach the final group phase of the WST Pro Series on Friday.
The 29 year-old looked to be in complete control of Group 3 after winning the first five of his round-robin encounters in Milton Keynes.
But defeats against Mark Davis and Sam Craigie towards the end of the day’s play meant that he finished on 15 points – the same number as both Craigie and Barry Hawkins.
Craigie stole top spot in the group on frame difference, finishing off with three successive 2-0 triumphs to reach the last eight of a ranking event for only the second time in his career.
Lisowski, meanwhile, edged Hawkins thanks to his 2-1 victory over the Hawk earlier in the day, with the duo otherwise boasting identical records.
By finishing third, however, Hawkins guaranteed his spot in the upcoming Tour Championship at the Celtic Manor.
Lisowski and Craigie join Ali Carter, Mark Williams, Kyren Wilson, and Xiao Guodong in the final group stage of the Pro Series that takes place on Sunday, with two more players hoping to complete the line-up on Saturday. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Mark Williams is on course to celebrate his birthday in style as he leads the way in the WST Pro Series final day.
The tournament has boiled down to the final round-robin stage to confirm the winner.
Williams, on his 46th birthday, could have been forgiven for thinking he was being trolled as his day began with arguably the toughest draw of the lot - a clash with Judd Trump.
However, the three-time world champion left the favourite cold in his seat with a 2-0 win.
Williams carried the momentum into his second match, and a century break was the highlight of his 2-0 win over Sam Craigie.
Kyren Wilson looked set to bring Williams down to earth when taking the first frame of their encounter, but the Welshman fought back to secure his third win on the spin and top spot in the table ahead of the interval.
Ali Carter, Craigie and Xiao Guodong are jockeying for position behind Williams with six points to their names from three games. ;)