• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare
Tuesday 17 Nov 2020 05:00PM

The opening round of the Betway UK Championship will be broadcast for the first time live on Eurosport and Eurosport app from November 23rd to 26th.
Eurosport will screen matches each day from Monday to Thursday next week, with sessions starting at 2pm and 7pm. It’s the first time that the opening round of the tournament has been televised, with live coverage also available on the Eurosport App across all devices.
All 128 players will compete in the opening round, including defending champion Ding Junhui, world number one Judd Trump, World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and many more top stars.
The second round starts on Saturday November 28th and the remainder of the event, until December 6th, will be televised by BBC, Eurosport, Matchroom.Live and a range of other global broadcasters.
First staged in 1977, the UK Championship is one of snooker’s Triple Crown events, alongside the World Championship and the Masters. The tournament will be played behind closed doors at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.
The event features 128 players in a flat draw. All matches are best of 11 frames, up until the final on Sunday December 6th which is best of 19. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Mark Allen may have cruised through his opening match at the Northern Ireland Open, but he was far from happy with the conditions in Milton Keynes. After sensationally winning the Champion of Champions earlier this month, the Pistol continued his fine form in round one against Anthony Hamilton, knocking in breaks of 125, 111 and 94 in a 4-0 win over the Sheriff of Pottingham. The Antrim man set up a second round clash with Robert Milkins on Wednesday, but he won’t necessarily be looking forward to it, given his opinion on the playing conditions. Asked how he felt the table played in his first match, Allen told Eurosport: ‘Honestly it was awful, the cushions were so bad. It amazes me how we come here second day of a tournament, new cloth and it plays that bad.
‘I shouldn’t say too much on camera, I’ll get in trouble.’ ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Northern Ireland Open snooker 2020 - 'I'm taking full ownership' - Ronnie O'Sullivan on fart​

Ronnie O’Sullivan admitted he has been struggling with stomach problems for a few months after his win over Matthew Stevens at the Northern Ireland Open. The Rocket owned up to an awkward moment during the match, when a fart briefly caused the players and the referee to lose their composure. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Northern Ireland Open 2020 – Ronnie O'Sullivan reveals he's playing fastest snooker of his career​

Ronnie O'Sullivan is showing no signs of slowing down with World Snooker Tour stats showing he is vying for top spot as the game's fastest player. The world champion has an average shot time quicker than fellow speed merchant Judd Trump and is narrowly behind world number 15 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, who he defeated 4-2 to reach the quarter-finals of the Northern Ireland Open. ;)

tacker

Mare

Northern Ireland Open snooker 2020 - 'I'm taking full ownership' - Ronnie O'Sullivan on fart​

Ronnie O’Sullivan admitted he has been struggling with stomach problems for a few months after his win over Matthew Stevens at the Northern Ireland Open. The Rocket owned up to an awkward moment during the match, when a fart briefly caused the players and the referee to lose their composure. ;)

Will Barry Hearn be looking into it ?

Delboy99

Mare

Ronnie O'Sullivan is through to the Northern Ireland Open final​

What a turnaround from the world champion. He was 3-1 down at the interval, but blasted Carter off the table with five frames in a row when they returned to the arena. In total, he made breaks of 100, 78, 66, 93, 102 and that mesmerising clearance of 59 to seal his victory. Carter wasn't at his best today, but there's little any player can do in the face of that. O'Sullivan is through to his third Northern Ireland Open final, a tournament he has yet to win. Can he add this title to the record 37 ranking events he has to his name already?;)

Delboy99

Mare

Northern Ireland Open Final: Judd Trump vs Ronnie O’Sullivan​

The English pair will renew their rivalry against one another in a mouthwatering showdown.

Judd Trump and Ronnie O’Sullivan will contest the Northern Ireland Open final for the third successive season on Sunday in Milton Keynes.
Trump scored heavily to see off the challenge of surprise semi-finalist David Grace with a 6-2 scoreline on Saturday evening, a few hours after O’Sullivan fought back from 3-1 behind to beat Ali Carter 6-3.
It’s only the second time in history that the same two players have fought in the final of the same ranking event for three years on the trot.
The last time was between 1992 and 1994 when Stephen Hendry overcame Jimmy White in each year’s World Championship at the Crucible Theatre.
Trump is likewise bidding for a clean sweep following his prior 9-7 successes over the “Rocket” in 2018 and 2019 in Belfast.
The 31 year-old would additionally become the first player since Hendry in 1996 to conjure up a threepeat in the same ranking event if he were to emerge with the £70,000 champion’s cheque again this weekend.
Meanwhile, O’Sullivan is hoping to claim his first silverware since lifting the World Championship trophy for a sixth time in August.
The 44 year-old boasts a marginally superior head-to-head record, but Trump will probably begin their latest clash as the slight favourite.
The world number one has continued the consistent form that earned him a record six ranking event titles in a single season last term.
Trump has so far reached the semi-finals or better in every tournament he’s participated in during the 2020/21 campaign, and he will be attempting to add the Alex Higgins Trophy to the Steve Davis Trophy he already raised aloft in October.
That this is the first season in which the £1 million bonus has been withdrawn for winning all four Home Nations series tournaments could be a cruel twist to his dominant reliability.
Trump’s ability to get the job done in title-deciding battles has been particularly impressive over the last couple of years.
Indeed, between winning this event for the first time in 2018 and claiming last month’s English Open, the “Juddernaut” went on a streak of ten ranking event finals and no defeats.
That run was snapped with a loss in the Championship League final to Kyren Wilson, albeit that encounter required a short format of only five frames. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Northern Ireland Open snooker final LIVE​

LIVE: Judd Trump 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan

(Best of 17 frames)

Session 1:

69-55, 77-47 (55), 41-64, 86-35 (69), 70-43, 13-70, 128-0 (128), 7-130 (130) ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Trump has just overpowered old fart O'sullivan who looks like he's just got out of bed, great match.
.... it was always on the cards as Ronnie does not have the hunger for the game these days. After all he has made his fortune and he is happier messing everyone around.He does not need the game as he thinks he can turn it on anytime. No doubt he is a genius but with the current attitude, he ain’t gonna win very often. He thinks also, that he can do anything and say anything without any regard for players feelings. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Northern Ireland Open snooker 2020 LIVE - Judd Trump beats Ronnie O’Sullivan in the final again​

Northern Ireland Open 2020 LIVE – Relive a pulsating final from Milton Keynes as Judd Trump beats Ronnie O’Sullivan 9-7 for the third year in a row. O’Sullivan briefly threatened a comeback, winning four frames out of five at one stage, but Trump delivered in the 16th frame to wrap up victory. He is the first player to win a ranking event three years in a row since Stephen Hendry in 1996. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

UK Championship snooker 2020 LIVE - John Higgins begins with win, Mark Selby & Mark Williams through​

UK Championship 2020 LIVE - Just a day after Judd Trump's victory at the Northern Ireland Open, we go again in Milton Keynes as the UK Championship gets underway, with the first round televised live on Eurosport for the first time. Ding Junhui is the reigning champion but Trump and seven-time champion Ronnie O’Sullivan are the men in form. The UK Championship is also live on eurosport.co.uk. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
There’s no reason why Ronnie O’Sullivan cannot compete at the very top of snooker for another decade, believes Chris Henry. The Rocket won his sixth World Championship title this year at the age of 44, climbing back up to number two in the world rankings. He turns 45 in December, which would traditionally be long past the age of a player challenging for the biggest prizes in the sport. However, the world champion shows few signs of slowing down and is among the favourites to win the UK Championship over the next two weeks in Milton Keynes.
There’s no reason why Ronnie O’Sullivan cannot compete at the very top of snooker for another decade, believes Chris Henry. The Rocket won his sixth World Championship title this year at the age of 44, climbing back up to number two in the world rankings. He turns 45 in December, which would traditionally be long past the age of a player challenging for the biggest prizes in the sport. However, the world champion shows few signs of slowing down and is among the favourites to win the UK Championship over the next two weeks in Milton Keynes. ADVERTISEMENT Henry, who coaches Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy among others, believes that if O’Sullivan continues to look after himself physically, as he has been doing, then he still has many years in the game. The renowned coach has also worked with top golfers, including Lee Westwood and Rafa Cabrera-Bello, and it is an example from the world of golf that has convinced him the Rocket can continue to soar for a long time to come. ‘If these guys look after themselves…I was talking to Mark Selby about this the other day. I was in Holland a few years ago and I had about an hour with Tom Watson, talking about all kind of things,’ Henry told Metro.co.uk. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
..... just watched a few frames of the Shaun Murphy v Lee Walker match in the UK Championship first round, and it was absolutely abysmal. It was like watching paint dry and with both players guilty on several occasions of missing what looked like quite easy pots. I gave up at 5-4 to Murphy, with two frames left to play, but alas I could stand no more. A very poor advert it turned out to be for snooker, and it was enough to send any would be watchers completely up the wall. Bring on the dancing girls! ;)

Delboy99

Mare

'Count me out of UK Champs contention,' says Williams​

Sportsbeat
Tue, 24 November 2020, 11:20 am GMT·3-min read

Mark Williams has won the UK Championship on two previous occasions - in 1999 and 2002

Mark Williams has won the UK Championship on two previous occasions - in 1999 and 2002
Three-time world champion Mark Williams ruled himself out of contention for the UK Championship trophy, despite emphatically seeing off tour rookie Ben Hancorn in the first round.
The 45-year-old - who has 22 ranking event titles to his name - went into the first Triple Crown event of the season off the back of a surprise second-round exit to Dominic Dale at the Northern Ireland Open.
But a meeting with world No.119 Hancorn presented no such problems, as Williams demonstrated his class with a 6-0 scoreline, notching his only half-century in the penultimate frame.
Despite the dominant showing however, the two-time UK Championship winner knows he will face much sterner tests than a player competing in the tournament for the first time, and he doesn’t expect to be challenging for the title.
“I doubt very much I’ll be up there again towards the end, but I’m not looking for that,” the world No.14 said. “I’m looking to bring some of my practice form into the matches, try to play well and enjoy it, and if I can do that I can be a match for anyone.
“It wasn’t a great performance, but it’s all about getting through the first round. The first frame was massive because he should’ve won it, and I don’t think he really settled from there.
“I’m very happy with my game at the moment. I’m playing well in practice, I’m not bringing it to the match table as yet, but I have in patches. I’m just missing the half-chances that can make all the difference in frames.
“I’ve been playing for two to three hours every day. I think that’s enough for me - I can’t practice for much more than that at my age - I’ve found a good balance and I think my game’s in good shape.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
By Mark Staniforth, PA
Wed, 25 November 2020, 7:10 pm GMT·2-min read

Jimmy White socked it to fellow veteran Alan McManus as he marked his 100th match in the UK Championship with victory in Milton Keynes.
The 58-year-old revealed he has run out of underwear during his stay at the on-site hotel, but it did not stop him cleaning up with a 66 break to seal a 6-4 win and a place in round two.
White admitted: “Socks, underwear, shirts – I’ve run out of everything. I just need to get out of here, get home and regroup before I come back for my next match.”
By Mark Staniforth, PA
Wed, 25 November 2020, 7:10 pm GMT·2-min read

Jimmy White socked it to fellow veteran Alan McManus as he marked his 100th match in the UK Championship with victory in Milton Keynes.
The 58-year-old revealed he has run out of underwear during his stay at the on-site hotel, but it did not stop him cleaning up with a 66 break to seal a 6-4 win and a place in round two.
White admitted: “Socks, underwear, shirts – I’ve run out of everything. I just need to get out of here, get home and regroup before I come back for my next match.”

White, who reached the semi-finals on his first main-draw appearance in 1981 and won it in 1992, admitted he was aware of the milestone but could share few recollections of his early years in the event.
“You can forget all of the eighties, and [I remember] a tiny little bit of the nineties,” joked White.
“I heard it was my 100th match and it really spurred me on out there. To come up with that clearance at the end was really pleasing, and it gives me a lot of confidence going into my next match.”
Earlier, Stuart Bingham compiled the second maximum break in as many days in the sixth frame of his first-round win over Zak Surety. ;)

Delboy99

Mare

Ronnie O’Sullivan admitted he felt sorry for Irish amateur Leo Fernandez after coasting through the opening round of the UK Championship on Wednesday.​

Ronnie O’Sullivan encountered little resistance when he stormed to a 6-0 win over Limerick’s Leo Fernandez and ‘The Rocket’ couldn’t help but symathise with the Irishman after the match.

Six-time World Champion O’Sullivan came up short against Judd Trump for the third Northern Ireland Open final in a row last weekend but he bounced back to winning ways with his victory over Fernandez.

“I just felt a bit sorry for Leo, in a way,” O’Sullivan told Eurosport.;)