• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Mare
ENGLISH OPEN SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP.
Friday’s quarter-final line-up:-

Mark Selby v Zhou Yuelong
Robbie Williams v Neil Robertson
Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson
John Higgins v Jak Jones ;)

Delboy99

Mare
ENGLISH OPEN QUARTER FINAL RESULTS:-

Saturday 17th October 2020

Semi-final
  • Mark Selby 5 Neil Robertson 6
    Venue: Marshall Arena
Friday 16th October 2020

Quarter-final
  • Mark Selby 5 Yuelong Zhou 2
  • John Higgins 5 Jak Jones 1
  • Judd Trump 5 Kyren Wilson 1
  • Robbie Williams 2 Neil Robertson 5
    Venue: Marshall Arena ;)

Delboy99

Mare
World number one Judd Trump remained on course for his first title since March as he came from 4-3 down to beat John Higgins 6-4 in the semi-finals of the Matchroom.Live English Open.

Trump will face Neil Robertson over a possible 17 frames on Sunday, with the winner to bank £70,000 and take home the Steve Davis Trophy. The champion will also become the first player to win three Home Nations titles.

Bristol’s 31-year-old Trump will be playing in his 27th ranking event final and aiming for his 18th title, which would bring him level with both Robertson and Mark Selby on the all-time list.

After winning a record six ranking events last season, Trump has had a dip in form since the tour returned from lockdown in June. He is still not at his free-flowing best but has developed the very useful habit of finding other ways to win matches.

Higgins led on four occasions tonight, making the better breaks with 50, 52, 133 and 107, while Trump’s best effort was a 102 in frame four.

In frame eight, Scotland’s Higgins missed a tricky red to a baulk corner when he trailed 31-19, letting his opponent in for a run of 49 which made it 4-4. Four-time World Champion Higgins had two chances in the ninth, but first went in-off in potting a red, then got a kick on a black off its spot. Trump punished the latter error to go ahead for the first time.

And another mistake from Higgins in frame ten proved costly as he touched a red with his cue when bridging awkwardly to pot another red. That was his last moment at the table as Trump’s 73 sealed his sixth consecutive win over Higgins.

“I felt I was outplayed, John scored heavier than me,” admitted Trump. “I was just winning the scrappy frames to hang on. If I had gone two frames behind I probably would have lost. He missed a couple of balls from 4-3 and in the last frame he was unlucky to finish in an awkward spot, then he showed great sportsmanship to own up to the foul.

“I felt like a million dollars out there, I was very relaxed and I enjoyed it. I’m very pleased to have had a good start to the season without playing my best. Sometimes my B or C game is enough to compete, and that’s something Mark Selby has done over the years. It gives me extreme confidence to know that under the cosh I can dig in and deliver under pressure.

“I love playing Neil, he is on form and he wins tournaments every year. It should be a great final.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Judd Trump came from 7-4 down to beat Neil Robertson 9-8 in the final of the Matchroom.Live English Open, winning his first title in seven months.

Trump lived up to his world number one status by making a century in the deciding frame to take the £70,000 top prize and Steve Davis Trophy. He has now won ten ranking event finals in a row in a run stretching back two years, just one short of Stephen Hendry’s record of 11.

Bristol’s 31-year-old Trump moves on to 18 ranking titles, bringing him level with Robertson and Mark Selby in sixth place on the all-time list. He also becomes the first player to win three Home Nations events.

Most Ranking Titles
Ronnie O’Sullivan 37
Stephen Hendry 36
John Higgins 30
Steve Davis 28
Mark Williams 22
Judd Trump 18
Mark Selby 18
Neil Robertson 18

It’s Trump’s first title since the Gibraltar Open last March which gave him a record sixth ranking victory of the 2019/20 season. Brimming with confidence, the left-hander will be excited by the challenge of adding to his haul in the remainder of the season and stretching his vast lead at the top of the world rankings.

World number three Robertson missed out on the chance to win a 19th ranking title and first since the World Grand Prix in February. He banks £30,000 as runner-up plus the £5,000 high break prize. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Neal Foulds: ‘The break-off shot may need a rethink’

Nigel Slater / 9 hours ago

Snooker TV pundit Neal Foulds has suggested players maybe forced to change the way they break off in vital frames.
Foulds indicated on commentary during Sunday night’s thrilling English Open final that the player breaking off in a final frame decider could be at a disadvantage due to the high standard of long potting by today’s top players.
His comments came as that type of sequence played out when Judd Trump took on and potted a long red only seconds after Neil Robertson broke off in the final frame of the ranking event final.
Trump went on to make a match-winning break of 114 to win the title 9-8.
Foulds, who works as a commentator and pundit for Europsort and ITV, questioned whether the break-off was in need of a “rethink” when he repeated his views on Twitter.
He said: “Reflecting on the #EnglishOpen snooker from semi-finals onwards. At the level top players are potting long balls perhaps time to rethink the break-off? Not many times would someone play round angles off the pack thick if they weren’t breaking off. Instead they’d hit them thin.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
.... needs to be looked at as sometimes one guy gets to break off and that is the only shot he gets to play due to the other guy potting the lot. Games can be won and lost on the break. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Ronnie O'Sullivan remains the best player in snooker despite Judd Trump's standing as undisputed world number one, according to World Seniors champion Jimmy White.
Trump has won his past 10 ranking event finals in the game after recovering from 7-4 behind to edge out Neil Robertson 9-8 in an epic English Open final behind closed doors in Milton Keynes that saw Robertson hit three centuries and five 50 plus breaks yet still come up short.

Trump collected a £70,000 winner's cheque to move £610,000 clear of O'Sullivan at the top of the latest rankings with 2010 world champion Robertson £156,500 behind O'Sullivan in third place. European Masters champion Mark Selby and former Masters holder Mark Allen make up the top five.
Despite his impressive form, White feels the debate about who is the sport's leading man was settled by O'Sullivan's form in claiming a sixth world title with a resounding 18-8 final win over Kyren Wilson at the Crucible Theatre two months ago.
"He (Trump) is not world champion. Ronnie O'Sullivan is world champion so he's got to be the best player in the world, but he's the man in form at the beginning of this season, that's for sure," said White.
The 2019 Crucible winner Trump claimed his first eight ranking tournaments between 2011 and 2017, but has lifted the next ten between 2018 and 2020. White feels he has matured into the complete professional.
"When he said he had 12 ranking titles, but now has six or seven within 18 months. It's because he is so comfortable at the top end of tournaments," said the six-times World Championship finalist.
"He's learnt how to play the right shots at the right time. He's comfortable playing all the big shots because he's got all the shots in his armoury, but his temperament has improved.
"It's incredible. He never really looked under pressure in that match at all. Robertson did a couple of times, because he had control and was forced to give it back because of Trump's good play.
"He is definitely the man to beat at the moment."
Trump has the opportunity to enhance his trophy collection with the Championship League due to conclude next week. Eurosport's extensive live coverage continues with the Northern Ireland Open – the second of the Home Nations Series – scheduled to run between 16-22 November. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Stephen Hendry working on ‘Top 16’ standard – reveals new coach

Nigel Slater / 5 hours ago

Stephen Hendry’s new coach has revealed the seven-times world champion is working to play to the same standard as a current top 16 player.
The Scot shocked the world of snooker earlier this year when he announced he would be returning to the professional game after retiring from the sport eight years ago.
Hendry, one of snooker’s most successful stars, is expected to make his anticipated return to the tour circuit in the near future – but no date has yet been announced.
In an interview with the World Snooker Tour, Hendry’s new coach Stephen Feeney says the pair are working hard to get his game back to a “top 16” standard.
Feeney has worked with the likes of Ronnie O’Sullivan and has helped turn the likes of Stuart Bingham and Mark Williams into world champions.

Feeney said: “My view with Stephen is that we want to get him back into top 16 status with the standard of his play as soon as possible. That is the only way that we can be comfortable. Every practice session is geared and targeted that way and we are working hard.

“I look at it as a fairly exciting opportunity ahead. There is a fair bit of responsibility, in terms of delivering on promises. Stephen has trusted me in terms of what I’ve said I believe can be done. I trust in him as the individual and champion that he is. Is there stuff to prove? There probably is. The fans will love to see him play. Many of the pros will be waiting for proof. We are well aware of that. ;)

Delboy99

Mare
Barry Hearn reveals why he’s dropped snooker’s £1 million bonus

Nigel Slater / 10 hours ago

World Snooker Tour chairman Barry Hearn has revealed why he has not offered the Home Nations £1million bonus this season.
In recent seasons Hearn has offered the staggering seven-figure sum to any player who wins all four of the season’s Home Nations events – which includes the English Open, the Northern Ireland Open, the Scottish Open and the Welsh Open.
Despite the luxurious prize on offer, no player has yet won the bonus.
Hearn, who is currently recovering after testing positive for coronavirus, revealed on Twitter he didn’t think it was right to offer the prize given the current pandemic and the difficulties it is causing throughout the world.
Instead, Hearn is focusing on making sure snooker events remain “alive” in the safest way possible.
Asked by a snooker fan why the £1million was not on offer, Hearn responded: “With all the problems out there at the moment it seemed right to discontinue bonus. Most important is to keep events alive.” ;)

Delboy99

Mare
World number one Judd Trump is 3/1 favourite to claim his second ranking title event in successive weeks following his 9-8 victory over Neil Robertson in the English Open.
Trump meets Robert Milkins at 12.30pm (GMT) behind closed doors at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes on Monday before facing Ryan Day and Barry Hawkins after 5.30pm. All group matches are a maximum of four frames.

European Masters winner Mark Selby faces Rory McLeod and Jamie O'Neill on Tuesday afternoon before concluding Group D with a match against 2006 world champion Graeme Dott.
World Championship runner-up Kyren Wilson takes on Mark King, Scott Donaldson and David Gilbert in Group F on Wednesday with four-times world champion John Higgins meeting Jamie Clarke, Martin Gould and Tom Ford on the final day of the last-32 stage on Thursday.

The tournament concludes on Friday with the eight group winners progressing to two groups of four – ABCD and EFGH winners make up the two last-eight sections – with the winner of each group contesting the final over the best of five frames.
The prize fund is £328,000 with the tournament winner in line to collect a cheque for £33,000 and a place in the Champion of Champions event in Milton Keynes in November. ;)
LATEST ODDS
  • Judd Trump 3/1
  • Mark Selby 7/1
  • Kyren Wilson 9/1
  • John Higgins 9/1

Delboy99

Mare
Stage Two of the BetVictor Championship League runs from October 26 to 29 in Milton Keynes. Fans in the UK can watch on Matchroom.Live and FreeSports TV, with sessions each day at 12.30pm and 5.30pm.

Click here to see which broadcasters around the world are covering the event, and CLICK HERE for the fixtures

The 32 stage one group winners are split into eight further groups of four, with two groups per day played over two tables. The eight group winners then go through to Stage Three, which is two groups of four. And those two group winners will contest the final on October 30.

BetVictor make world number one Judd Trump the favourite to win the title, at 3/1. Trump is the man in form having won last week’s Matchroom.Live English Open. Mark Selby has also landed a title already this season, the BetVictor European Masters, and he’s second in the betting at 7/1. Shaun Murphy is next at 8/1, with John Higgins and Kyren Wilson 9/1. For all the BetVictor odds click here.

Monday October 26

GROUP A
Judd Trump
Ryan Day
Robert Milkins
Barry Hawkins

GROUP B
Dominic Dale
Zhou Yuelong
Matthew Selt
Shaun Murphy

Tuesday October 27

GROUP C
Luo Honghao
Zhao Xintong
Alexander Ursenbacher
Stuart Bingham

GROUP D
Rory McLeod
Graeme Dott
Jamie O’Neill
Mark Selby

Wednesday October 28

GROUP E
Ken Doherty
Xiao Guodong
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Jordan Brown

GROUP F
David Gilbert
Scott Donaldson
Mark King
Kyren Wilson

Thursday October 29

GROUP G
John Higgins
Martin Gould
Tom Ford
Jamie Clarke

GROUP H
Joe Perry
Mark Davis
Tian Pengfei
Li Hang

;)

Delboy99

Mare
A SNOOKER hall in Bolton was fined £1,000 by Bolton's covid patrols over the weekend.

Police and council officers making up the town's crack covid team were out over the weekend to enforce regulations designed to stop the spread of coronavirus.

No details have yet been released on why the snooker hall, which has not been named, was fined.
A statement issued by Bolton Council yesterday said: "Greater Manchester Police and Bolton Council Regulatory Service teams have had another busy weekend in the fight against the pandemic, and ensuring the spread is minimised through our night time and food sectors. ;)