• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Snooker

I'm sure the standard will improve in the next round with the best players through.
Trump was just doing enough to win his games.
I kept expecting to hear the audience clap after a good shot!! :doh:
Perhaps they could have a button, programmed with applause, that someone watching offsite could press for effects.

Delboy99

Gelding
I'm sure the standard will improve in the next round with the best players through.
Trump was just doing enough to win his games.
I kept expecting to hear the audience clap after a good shot!! :doh:
Perhaps they could have a button, programmed with applause, that someone watching offsite could press for effects.
.... yes I know what you mean. It would even be a good idea to have some form of tannoy system at football matches also. It may be the means to inspiring some form of motivation psrticularly for the home teams. :)

Delboy99

Gelding
Groups 3 & 9 today.
Can't say I really know any of the players.
Still, this kind of tournament is a quick way to put a face to the names of a lot of today's players.
.... Some interesting stuff there. Still a few names I know there from other competitions. Michael Holt actually won the Shoot Out competition not long ago, and was the losing finalist last year in the same competition. Very interesting looking at the draw and results. :)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... yes, that is probably what I would have expected in these groups. A few decent players in there, Mark Joyce, Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel who I believe is Belgian but quite capable. Had a good run a little while back. ;)

Jack Lisowski reminds me of Alex Higgins from behind - can't play like him though :D

I usually have the patience of a saint when watching snooker but this is really slow stuff tonight ( Jack Lisowski v Luca Brecel )

We should rate these players - have a table based on how good we think they are.
Ronnie O'Sullivan would be 95-100.
You and me 0-1 (apologies if you are good at the game :)).
Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel (who I am watching now)........35 - 40 area.

EDIT : Lisowski has picked up a bit now (45 rating).

Last edited:

Delboy99

Gelding
Jack Lisowski reminds me of Alex Higgins from behind - can't play like him though :D

I usually have the patience of a saint when watching snooker but this is really slow stuff tonight ( Jack Lisowski v Luca Brecel )

We should rate these players - have a table based on how good we think they are.
Ronnie O'Sullivan would be 95-100.
You and me 0-1 (apologies if you are good at the game :)).
Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel (who I am watching now)........35 - 40 area.

EDIT : Lisowski has picked up a bit now (45 rating).
.... saw a couple of frames later and yes it looked a bit scrappy. You got the ratings about right for you and me, I played a little in my youth but nothing much to speak of, so we will leave it at that. Just to give you some idea on the rankings, I attach a list of the top 20 to give you some idea what you may be looking at. Hope this helps when viewing:- ;)

11Judd TrumpEngland1601000+50000
2.2Neil RobertsonAustralia915 000-45 000
3.3Mark J WilliamsWales822 750-21 000
4.+15John HigginsScotland684 500-11 000
5.+16Mark AllenNorthern Ireland642 000-18 000
6.+17Ronnie O'SullivanEngland628 500-5 000
7.-34Mark SelbyEngland582 000-222 000
8.8Kyren WilsonEngland506 500-29 000
9.9Shaun MurphyEngland481 000-5 000
10.10Ding JunhuiChina412 250-18 000
11.11David B GilbertEngland410 000-11 000
12.+113Jack LisowskiEngland360 750-27 000
13.+114Stuart BinghamEngland355 500-28 000
14.+115Stephen MaguireScotland346 500-5 000
15.-312Barry HawkinsEngland313 250-89 000
16.16Yan BingtaoChina307 500-11 000
17.17Joe PerryEngland304 000-12 000
18.18Allister CarterEngland298 500-5 000
19.19Gary WilsonEngland258 100-19 000
20.20Thepchaiya Un-NoohThailand246 225

Delboy99

Gelding
.... and after waiting a while to play, Ronnie wins his Group. ;)

Group 10
Table 1
From 4.10pm
Group Matches

Ronnie O’Sullivan 3 v Hirani 0

Chris Wakelin 3 v Georgiou 0

Chris Wakelin 2 v Hirani 2

Ronnie O’Sullivan 3 v Georgiou 0

Ronnie O’Sullivan 3 v Wakelin 0

Michael Georgiou 1 v Hirani 3

.... without losing a frame too!;)

Delboy99

Gelding
... Saw a couple of frames last night and blimey what a nightmare. Ken Doherty could not pot a ball even when they were near the pocket. Switched it off in disgust long before the end of the match.Absolutely pathetic. :)

I have watched some snooker this tournament and agree Delboy99 Delboy99. It's also been incredibly boring with the exception of Ronnie O'Sullivan.
Who is going to replace Ronnie though ? The Hurricane , The Whirlwind , The Rocket , who's next ??

Delboy99

Gelding
.... hi there tractorboy tractorboy nice to have some company, hope you can stick around. I agree that good snooker has been pretty hard to come by in this competition. I don't suppose that it will get much better until the last 16 where we can also sort out the wheat from the chaff. Even Selby failed to qualify which is a shock in itself. But that Doherty v Carty match a couple of nights ago, I could not believe just how badly Ken Doherty was playing. Just as well his commentaries are somewhat better! ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... Ronnie has gone! He actually won 3-0 and 3-0 and lost to Stuart Bingham 0-3 when only a draw would have seen him go through. But credit to Stuart he rose to the occasion and took his chances to head a group of three with better stats. Ever improving Sam Craigie finished second and he could be a one to watch over coming tournaments. ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
Just how good was Ryan Day against Judd Trump , I think he can win this tournament if he continues to play like that.
... yes, I am pleased for Ryan Day as he has been around for a while now without really hitting the heights. He has always been more than capable, but in this competition he has really grown in maturity and produced snooker that we all really know that he could be up there with some of the best with perhaps a little more concentration at the right time. :)

Delboy99

Gelding
BRILLIANT BRECEL WINS MATCHROOM.LIVE CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

Luca Brecel produced a brilliant 111 break in the final and decisive frame of Matchroom.Live Championship League to lift the trophy and claim the £30,000 first prize behind closed doors at Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.
Results & Standings
The Belgian needed just a draw against Ben Woollaston in the last match of the Final Group, and got exactly that has he held off his opponent’s challenge, despite the Leicester man being in century-making form. ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... very sad to hear of the death of Willie Thorne one of the players from the Golden Age.
An instantly recognisable star of what might be termed the golden age of snooker, Willie Thorne has died aged 66 after suffering from leukaemia. With his bald head, magnificent moustache and standing 6ft 2in tall, he became popular when television took up the sport in earnest. But for all his natural brilliance as a player, major tournament successes remained largely elusive, and an addiction to gambling accounted for much of his wealth and contributed to a sometimes chaotic personal life. ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
Stephen Maguire battled past World Champion Judd Trump 9-6 to reach the final of the Coral Tour Championship.

It has been a tremendous run for Maguire, who fired in a remarkable six centuries in his first round win over Neil Robertson. The five-time ranking event winner was a late call-up to this week’s tournament, replacing China’s Ding Junhui who decided not to travel to the UK.

Delboy99

Gelding
Stephen Maguire has picked up £250,000 thanks to a 10-6 victory over Mark Allen in the Tour Championship final.

The Scot, who won his first ranking event since 2013, took charge from 4-4 after the first session to secure the £150,000 winner's prize.
The victory also saw Maguire collect £100,000 for winning the Coral Cup as the top player from three events.

Maguire hit a tournament best break of 139 against Allen, who moves to a career-high world ranking of fourth.

Former Masters champion Allen was aiming to clinch a first title success since winning the Scottish Open in December 2018 but the Northern Ireland player failed to fire on Friday night in Milton Keynes. ;)