• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Snooker

Delboy99

Gelding
..... next tournament up is:-

11th March Gibraltar Open
Gibraltar Open
Europa Sports Complex
11th March to 15th March ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
...... just wondered what has happened to all the snooker fans on this forum. Have you anything to say about our wonderful game. Surely there are plenty of topics that you would like to discuss or some old memory you would like to revive? Anyone fancy getting their cue out and having a go? :eek:

Delboy99

Gelding
A host of big names have pulled out of this week’s Gibraltar Open due to fears over coronavirus, with the likes of Neil Robertson, Stephen Maguire, David Gilbert, Graeme Dott and Ali Carter all withdrawing from the event. The tournament runs from Friday 13 – Sunday 15 March and is still going ahead as planned, but it will be without a number of players as a string of amateurs who were set to play have also pulled out. ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
BetVictor Gibraltar Open

Tour: Main Tour; Date: 11-15 Mar 2020; Venue: Europa Point Sports Complex, Gibraltar, Gibraltar; Type: Ranking; Defending champion: Stuart Bingham; Twitter: #GibraltarOpen; Notes: See also upcoming matches (1) and results (243); All times in CET

Final
(Best of 7; Winner: £50,000; Runner-up: £20,000)
England
Kyren Wilson [8]v
England
Judd Trump [2]Head to headToday 8pm
Watch on Eurosport and more
Semifinals
(Losers receive £6,000)
England
Kyren Wilson [8]4-0
Wales
Mark J Williams [4]Head to headDetails
110-0 (85), 79-0 (78), 69-5, 69-20 (69)
England
Judd Trump [2]4-3
China
Xiao Guodong [24]Head to headDetails
4-90 (61), 0-78 (78), 77-0 (77), 112-1 (111), 3-91 (82),
86-0 (86), 127-6 (123)
re-rack in frame 5.

Delboy99

Gelding
..... next one up:-

17th March Tour Championship
Tour Championship
Venue Cymru, Llandudno
17th March to 22nd March ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... the snooker scene is very slow also. as it has joined the ranks of those events which have also been put on hold for a while. So nothing to talk about here until the situation returns to a bit more like normal. :crazy:

Delboy99

Gelding
The Uncouth The Uncouth ..... seem to have lost you off, surely you have more to say on this fine sport? In the absence of any action I thought that I would show the latest top ten or so in the current rankings and the amount of money they have all made in getting there:-

1Judd Trump1,601,000
2Neil Robertson915,000
3Mark Williams822,750
4John Higgins684,500
5Mark Allen642,000
6Ronnie O'Sullivan628,500
7Mark Selby582,000
8Kyren Wilson506,500
9Shaun Murphy481,000
10Ding Junhui412,250
11David Gilbert410,000
12Jack Lisowski360,750
13Stuart Bingham355,500
14Stephen Maguire346,500
15Barry Hawkins313,250
Ronnie in at number 6 ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... getting a little concerned over the lack of appearances here by The Uncouth. Just to say that I hope you are well and managing to keep safe from Corvid 19, do keep out of harm's way! ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
retriever retriever .... it is indeed an honour to have someone interested and to come calling! I thought that we had become a nation of switching to another channel when the snooker comes on! Do return! ;)

Delboy99 Delboy99 If I happen upon snooker on tv I'll watch it....but these days I don't follow it as I did it my youth.

Seeing the Alex Higgins vids above reminded me of the first tournament I probably watched when he beat Ray Reardon at the Crucible in 1982.

I was 16 at the time, and although I played a fair few games of snooker from then on, I leaned more towards playing pool in a pub team.
If I do say so myself, I think I could have beaten anyone at the County level with my best game.

So my two favourite players are the Hurricane and the Whirlwind......obviously known as.....mavericks of the game and 'flawed' geniuses.

My more 'recent' favourite player would be Mark Williams.

Last edited:

Delboy99

Gelding
retriever retriever ..... good to be able to read an account of someone else's snooker activities. Top notch stuff in the eighties with lots of exciting players around. Higgins was my favourite though and for all he was a naughty boy and at odds often with the authorities, it was just great watching him. Came to a sorry end though and died alone and down and out. Pitiful to see such talent go down with abuse of his own body. ;)

Scoobybet

Yearling
Used to watch Pot Black with my dad many years ago. I remember Perry Mans, he was a very good long Potter. (Probably no where to the standard of recent years)
Got a little slate 6x3 table as a kid and played and played. Progressed to full size in snooker halls and loved the game. Managed to play league standard......no higher!
Recently took it up again. Play with a friend and both dame standard.
Want to the crucible in early eighties and Saw S Davies v a new name P Ebdon. Our session started with Ebdon 6-1 ahead. He proceeded to knock Davies out. Think score might of been 9-1!!
Anyway there's my snooker story

Delboy99

Gelding
..... not a bad little snooker story either. Nice to see someone else make a contribution, Iv'e been plodding a lone furrow for a little while now having lost other interested parties off. You obviously know a bit about the game. Some of your story reminds me of when my kids were little and we also got a 6 x 3 table and half size balls as the little balls were useless. We also had one awkward corner in the bedroom where it was ever so tight to play your shot with the bigger cues. So we bought a special smaller one to help combat that area of the table and when your opponent was always trying to leave the ball for your next shot. Obviously no Gentlemen around because it was always called Cad's Corner. Like you we went on to bigger tables in the real world but never quite found the Steve Davis or Alex Higgins touch and needed a lot more practice than we ever put in! ;)

Delboy99

Gelding
..... I also remember that when the kids played on the table in the bedroom, my youngest son used to have a dickie bow tie and used to get his waistcoat on what his Mother had made at an earlier date, and fashioned himself just like Alex Higgins. Needless to say we all adored Alex in those years, and for all he was a naughty boy at times we all admired his genius when it came to snooker. For us he could do no wrong! ;)