• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Scraping data

samax77

Hi all,

First time post so please go easy on me.

I have a simple method of narrowing the field of a race but its taking me an age to get the data for every race. I used to be able to use the Sportinglife cards but they have changed.

Essentially what I do is allocate a score for each area I look at and those scoring 11 or under are of interest. If I could just get the data into an excel format that would be a start.

The data I need is:

1. Class of last race (score 1 if class above, score 2 if same class and score 3 lower class)

2. Consistency (wins)
Won 70-100% of races this year, score 1,
If 40-70%, score 2,
If 20-40%,score 3
If less than 20%, Score 4

3, Consistency (In the Money/ top 3)
Same scoring as above

4. Weight
Top Weight score 3
Within 5lbs Score 2
More than 5lbs score 1

5. Form
In money LTO same or higher grade - 1
In money LTO grade below - 2
All others score 3

Welcome to the forum S samax77 hope you enjoy your stay here, yep i use to use the SL form is crap now to follow, so i use hrb form but you have to pay for it.

Oh that's interesting, no new members at present. Any ideas on the cost or where they get their data from?

Ark, I tried the racing post download but it didn't work I got a debug error when pressing get cards, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Oh that's interesting, no new members at present. Any ideas on the cost or where they get their data from?

£10 ordinary a mth, £15 enhanced a mth, i think free trial also, no idea where gets the data from but seems as good as SL and a system builder also and lots more.

Sorry to revive this thread but the data I need can be found on the Sky sports pages.

Any direction/instrcution as to how to scrape the data would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back