• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ronald's Ratings

Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

Just wondering how long you have been doing your own speed figures for and if you specialize in any particular type of race??

Between 2003-2005 I used to run a speed figure website for the all weather based on Nick Mordin's method of calculating.

In thosed days it was mainly on the fibresand but as polytrack became more popular I got less interested as I used to find you often got slow run races that ended with a 2f sprint - Lingfield was especially bad for this!!

Oh and I use Excel for all my stuff but I was wondering what is this mpro program you are using??

Thanks in advance!!

I forgot to say that it is Mordins Ideas I have running.

Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

The speed of the tapeta surface at Wolverhampton last night went off the scale, the first 4 races were as fast as Chelmsford
and it looked like they must have harrowed the track after the 4th race.
I assessed the going allowance for the first 4 races at +0.68s/f and the last 4 at +0.63s/f, it could have been another 5lb slower
so I erred on the side of caution.

AW going allowance table:
Fast +0.50s/f
Stand/Fast +0.18s/f to +0.40s/f
Standard -0.15s/f to +0.15s/f
Stand/Slow -0.48s/f to -0.18s/f
Slow -0.70s/f to -0.50s/f

The wind at Lingfield didn't help matters and this was speeding up the horses down the hill, I ended up with the highest going
allowance at Lingfield for a long time at +0.40s/f.

The official going description at both racecourses was standard...

Mike.

Back