• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ronald's Ratings

The only thing I don't understand is both top and bottom of column "B" provide winners I did this just to get the speed per furlong the races were run at.

Good day at the office.
Kempton
3.00 Upstaging NR next on the list Second Wave Won Not sure I should claim this one.
5.10 The Sterward Won
5.40 Exit Europe Won

This is the program I use to generate my selection I then transfer to excel to do the screen shot.Screenshot (22).png

Last edited:
Any chance you could keep a standard P/L to 1pt level stakes, something along the lines of:-

Selection 24
Winners 6
S/R 25%
P/L +5.67

It might also be worth your while keeping an eye on the average SP odds of selections and the Maximum Winning odds as I suspect that the 14/1 has a major impact on whether you are in profit or not.

I still can't get my head around how you end up with horses ranked in a different order by just using a different Std time, perhaps someone could point out why I am being stupid?

Hi ArkRoyal,
Below is the same race as I put up earlier but in alphabetical order, If you check it against my other post you should agree that finding the top rated is much easier than on the one below.

Screenshot (25).png

Doing a rough tally of my selections:

24 bets at £1 =£24
5 winning bets =£21.75 not counting the 14/1 winner
6 winning bets = £36.75 counting the 14/1 winner, I prefer not to do a P/L not on a regular basis.

Below is the same race as I put up earlier but in alphabetical order, If you check it against my other post you should agree that finding the top rated is much easier than on the one below.

I have no problem identifying the top rated
I can't see how Just Marion is top using one Std Time but 3rd using another.
I must be missing something obvious :confused:
upload_2015-11-11_16-53-58.png

I have no problem identifying the top rated
I can't see how Just Marion is top using one Std Time but 3rd using another.
I must be missing something obvious :confused:
View attachment 23183

Hi ArkRoyal,
Look at the 11 furlong standard times they are 5.51 seconds difference they are bound to give different ratings resulting where they figure in the race If I am working these figures out the wrong way can someone please tell where I am going wrong.
Standard Times.png

they are 5.51 seconds difference they are bound to give different ratings
Of course you will get different values for the ratings but I thought that the ranking ie best to worse would be the same:confused: Assuming you are just changing the Std Time.

Hi ArkRoyal,

I am sorry but I cannot explain it any better than I already have, the only difference in both blocks is the different ratings that put individual horses in different places in the block I only adjust the view so that the highest rated is at the bottom of the blocks.

I would dearly love to work out how to make one system out of the two But my old brain cannot work out a way to do that as yet.

Back