• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ronald's Ratings

Hi, I made a big mistake yesterday using a rating for a nag that had a racing distance almost half of yesterdays race sorry for that, but even so I still did not have the winner.

When viewing my ratings PLEASE view them as two separate systems.

Screenshot (28).png

Of course you will get different values for the ratings but I thought that the ranking ie best to worse would be the same:confused: Assuming you are just changing the Std Time.

I would imagine the reason for the discrepancy will be due to the fact that each set of standard times will create their own going allowance/track variant which will give differences in the ratings.

A quick word of warning for anybody that compiles their own speed figures - the time for the first race at Chelmsford last night was initially given as a hand timed 68.33 secs but has since been changed to 72.00 secs - I timed it at 72.39 secs using the ATR video as I knew something was up!!

A quick word of warning for anybody that compiles their own speed figures - the time for the first race at Chelmsford last night was initially given as a hand timed 68.33 secs but has since been changed to 72.00 secs - I timed it at 72.39 secs using the ATR video as I knew something was up!!
Hi, I have a time of 71.55 from the racing post just after the times were put up.
I have just check the sporting life and there's is as you say above.

Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

Just wondering how long you have been doing your own speed figures for and if you specialize in any particular type of race??

Between 2003-2005 I used to run a speed figure website for the all weather based on Nick Mordin's method of calculating.

In thosed days it was mainly on the fibresand but as polytrack became more popular I got less interested as I used to find you often got slow run races that ended with a 2f sprint - Lingfield was especially bad for this!!

Oh and I use Excel for all my stuff but I was wondering what is this mpro program you are using??

Thanks in advance!!

Hi, I have a time of 71.55 from the racing post just after the times were put up.
I have just check the sporting life and there's is as you say above.

The Racing Post has the time of 71.55 correct for the first at Chelmsford, I double check it with a stopwatch.

Good to see that they finally got around to running over 7f.

Mike.

Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

Just wondering how long you have been doing your own speed figures for and if you specialize in any particular type of race??

Between 2003-2005 I used to run a speed figure website for the all weather based on Nick Mordin's method of calculating.

In thosed days it was mainly on the fibresand but as polytrack became more popular I got less interested as I used to find you often got slow run races that ended with a 2f sprint - Lingfield was especially bad for this!!

Oh and I use Excel for all my stuff but I was wondering what is this mpro program you are using??

Thanks in advance!!

I have played about with speed for a couple of years but not in a serious way only the last couple of months I thought I would give it a airing, not I don't specialize I try and leave 14 f and greater alone and 2 year olds, only just tried a couple of 2 year old races had a winner last weeks I think it was, I have always been happy doing form stuff but lost interest in that.

MPRO is Masterfile Professional it is a dos based program and it it superb for searching data, I bought it in the early nineties when I had my own business, I bought it under license, the guy who wrote it sold the rights on to someone else so I don't know if they are doing a windows version or not.

I use excel to do my results then transfer through access into MPRO.

There is one chap on here who is brilliant at speed stuff (thebluesbrother).

Hi Mike,
Do you have a standard time for 7f or is it too soon..

Using my new set standard times for Chelmsford's super quick surface, I settled on 82.2s for the 7f chute start.

5.0f - 57.1s
6.0f - 69.3s
7.0f - 82.2s
8.0f - 95.0s
9.0f - 108.3s
10.0f - 121.5s
13.3f - 164.4s
14.0f - 173.6s
16.0f - 200.0s

You can always check the standard times list, I am always calculating and changing something on a daily basis.

Standard times:
Virgin Media Cloud

Mike.

Last edited:
Using my new set standard times for Chelmsford's super quick surface, I settled on 82.2s for the 7f chute start.

5.0f - 57.1s
6.0f - 69.3s
7.0f - 82.2s
8.0f - 95.0s
9.0f - 108.3s
10.0f - 121.5s
13.3f - 164.4s
14.0f - 173.6s
16.0f - 200.0s

You can always check the standard times list, I am always calculating something on
a daily basis.

Standard times:
Virgin Media Cloud

Mike.
Sorry Mike I did not see the 7f time on your latest you sent me, I altered all the others on a special ratings.