• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ronald's Ratings

This week I think has proved that the RP Std system has been the best, Here is how I work out the going allowance for both systems.

6 Race card I take the middle Two (3 & 4)ratings on my Rankings.
7 Race card I take the Middle Three (3 to 5)
8 Race card I take the Middle Four (3 to 6)
I hope this helps those who want to do there own ratings.

Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

With regards to the Chelmsford racing surface, this is what I posted on theracingforum on the 18th August this year, before Timeform picked up the same topic on the 8th September.

Chelmsford City Racecourse: The State of the Going

The speed of Chelmsford’s racing surface is starting to alarm me.

Yesterday you had the Barry Hills trained Algaith dipping 2.77s under the standard time and setting a new course record, on going I had at +0.60s/f ( very fast),
if you were to compared this against the turf, you would have to return the going as hard.

AW going allowance table:
Fast +0.50s/f
Stand/Fast +0.18s/f to +0.40s/f
Standard -0.15s/f to +0.15s/f
Stand/Slow -0.48s/f to -0.18s/f
Slow -0.70s/f to -0.50s/f

In the inner circle we have a member horseplayer Horseplayer Horseplayer who produces some of the best pace figures on the net, normally as he explains, a band 10 race full of pace runners would normally fall
apart, at Chelmsford at the moment this would not normally apply.

I produced a new set of standard times which I now use to compensate for the speed of the polytrack at Chelmsford.

5.0f - 57.1
6.0f - 69.3
8.0f - 95.0
9.0f - 108.3
10.0f - 121.5
13.3f - 164.4
14.0f - 173.6
16.0f - 200.0

Even using the new standard times, I am still using going allowance adjustments of around +0.15s/f compared to the official going description of standard (0.00s/f).

Mike.

Last edited:
Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw

With regards to the Chelmsford racing surface, this is what I posted on theracingforum on the 18th August this year, before Timeform picked up the same topic on the 8th September.

Chelmsford City Racecourse: The State of the Going

The speed of Chelmsford’s racing surface is starting to alarm me.

Yesterday you had the Barry Hills trained Algaith dipping 2.77s under the standard time and setting a new course record, on going I had at +0.60s/f ( very fast),
if you were to compared this against the turf, you would have to return the going as hard.

AW going allowance table:
Fast +0.50s/f
Stand/Fast +0.18s/f to +0.40s/f
Standard -0.15s/f to +0.15s/f
Stand/Slow -0.48s/f to -0.18s/f
Slow -0.70s/f to -0.50s/f

In the inner circle we have a member horseplayer Horseplayer Horseplayer who produces the some of the best pace figures on the net, normally as he explains, a band 10 race full of pace runners would normally fall
apart, at Chelmsford at the moment this would not normally apply.

I produced a new set of standard times which I now use to compensate for the speed of the polytrack at Chelmsford.

5.0f - 57.1
6.0f - 69.3
8.0f - 95.0
9.0f - 108.3
10.0f - 121.5
13.3f - 164.4
14.0f - 173.6
16.0f - 200.0

Even using the new standard times, I am still using going allowance adjustments of around +0.15s/f compared to the official going description of standard (0.0os/f).

Mike.
Thanks For this Mike, It will give me something to do today..

Ronald

Ok the new trial. at the beginning of last week I started playing around with some figures and to my surprise things looked good so I started multiplying this dividing that and what looked good did not work so I left it alone until yesterday when I looked at the races I had posted last week, checked with my other program and noticed that if I removed all the mathematical crap it started to look good again so here we are.
I think you will agree these below in column "A"'s are what I put up Friday and Saturday, Column "B" is the new trial, see if you can work out what I have done, I HAVE NOT DOCTORED THE FIGURES they are real.
New Trial.png