• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Ronald's Ratings

I am currently testing 2 speed rating systems, 1 with the RP standard times and 1 with my own standard times.

here are the first 4 rating from both systems.
Wolverhampton 6.15 31/10/15
RP STD
Wink Oliver 63
Black truffle 65
Lucky Di 68
Indian Affair 70

MY STD
Lucky Di 60
Wink Oliver 60
Black Truffle 61
Indian Affair 66

Last edited:
I am currently testing 2 speed rating systems, 1 with the RP standard times and 1 with my own standard times.

here are the first 4 rating from both systems.
Wolverhampton 6.15 31/10/15
RP STD
Wink Oliver 63
Black truffle 65
Lucky Di 68
Indian Affair 70

MY STD
Lucky Di 60
Wink Oliver 60
Black Truffle 61
Indian Affair 66

Having watched the race I'm happy with both sets of ratings.

ArkRoyal

Administrator
Forgive me as I am probably having a blond moment, but if you are changing nothing but the standard times how do you get the top 4 in a different order?

Forgive me as I am probably having a blond moment, but if you are changing nothing but the standard times how do you get the top 4 in a different order?
Both standard times will give different results, Rp Standard that I have = 87.00 Sec, My Standard = 82.18 Sec.

@Ronald Shaw
There problem with the Racing Post standard times, Dave Edwards has not adjusted the standard times for Chelmsford for example, after they waxed
the surface to cure the kickback, which resulted in the surface speeding up from the original standard times compiled from the Great Leigh's days.
The going allowance adjustments Dave is using have gone off the going allowance scale, just recently he used a going allowance adjustment of +0.60s/f
and the official going description was returned as "Standard" so you should end up with a going allowance between 0.00s/f to 0.15s/f.

The same problem is happening to Wolverhampton right now, the Tapeta surface has speeded up considerably since it was put down, the standard times need to be re-adjusted
to bring them in line with the official going description, which is easy to do using linear regression.

I sent Dave Edwards the corrected standard times for Chelmsford which so far he hasn't acted on, look at the difference in the standard times for Chelmsford from the list below.

Standard times:
Virgin Media Cloud

Mike.

Last edited:

ArkRoyal

Administrator
Both standard times will give different results, Rp Standard that I have = 87.00 Sec, My Standard = 82.18 Sec.
I understand they will give different values for each horses rating but how does it change the order they are ranked in?
Unless your std times are slower compared to RP for some courses and faster than others maybe.

I understand they will give different values for each horses rating but how does it change the order they are ranked in?
Unless your std times are slower compared to RP for some courses and faster than others maybe.
I listed them in the order they are ranked in, i do this so I can see instantly what ratings they are without having to look up and down the listings.

@Ronald Shaw

In this file you will find every meeting I have rated from Jan 2013, Column H is the assessed going allowance, and column N is hidden
these are the ratings prior to being adjusted to 9-0 (100) on the flat, and 11-0 (130) over the jumps.

Speed Figures:
http://tinyurl.com/lad34ps

You might find this file useful for checking your standard times, all the results from Jan 2010.

Times:
Virgin Media Cloud

Mike.
Thanks Ever so much Mike

@Ronald Shaw

Standard times are a contentious issue, just recently I asked Dave Edwards why he suddenly took 10.0s off the chase times at Punchestown, resulting in him giving
Don Cossack Ireland's top chaser a speed figure of 12 (I had 84), and it got even worse at Down Royal when he gave Don Cossack a speed figure of 7 (I had 134).

I admired anybody who has compiled standards times for Irish national hunt racing, a lot of the advertised race distances are fictitious, a good example of this was
discovered at the Galway festival when they had a company in to re-measure their race distances , they found the 2m1f(C) distance was in fact 2m2f.

Unlike Dave Edwards I analyse race distances as I compile speed figures and adjust them to suit, if you think Don Cossack earned a speed figure of only 7 in the
JNwine.com Champion chase you should not be compiling speed figures.

Mind you I could be wrong :lol:

Mike.

Last edited:
@Ronald Shaw

Standard times are a contentious issue, just recently I asked Dave Edwards why he suddenly took 10.0s off the chase times at Punchestown, resulting in him giving
Don Cossack Ireland's top chaser a speed figure of 12 (I had 84), and it got even worse at Wetherby when he gave Don Cossack a speed figure of 7 (I had 134).

I admired anybody who has compiled standards times for Irish national hunt racing, a lot of the advertised race distances are fictitious, a good example of this was
discovered at the Galway festival when they had a company in to re-measure their race distances , they found the 2m1f(C) distance was in fact 2m2f.

Unlike Dave Edwards I analyse race distances as I compile speed figures and adjust them to suit, if you think Don Cossack earned a speed figure of only 7 in the Charlie Hall
chase you should not be compiling speed figures.

Mind you I could be wrong :lol:

Mike.
Hi Mike,

I only do AW in England.

Thanks for the likes.

I am testing another idea out today also, I will only put up the selections.

Southwell 12.40 Incurs Four Faults Won
Wolverhampton 5.10 Rich again
Wolverhampton 6.40 Best Example
Wolverhampton 7.10 Lord Reason

Last edited: