• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ronaldo

pete

Dam
Does he take the #7 shirt from Cavani, or go with the #28 shirt, the first number he wore at Sporting Lisbon ?
You would think that Cavani would step aside, right ?

pete

Dam
The game has become a joke.
it was reported that Manchester City had agreed personal terms for 250k per week, and Manchester United managed to get him to agree a deal worth 480,000 per week ... I'm a united fan, but we just paid 30 million for a guy that sat on the bench at Juventus last week, while Real Madrid are making offers for a 22 year old in the region of 180 million and PSG are moving that money towards a 150 million bid for Haaland ... we are a small club nowadays, the Ronaldo deal is all about selling shirts ...

Last edited:

pete

Dam
He's still a great player @
pete
pete
yeah i'm sure he will be "fine" ... but this is nothing more than a commercial deal. He will be a decent squad player for the next couple of years before he heads off to America ... he is not a Mbappe or a Haaland though ...

Pitmatic

Filly
From an article in the Liverpool Echo back in late May of this year:-

"Wins in both the Champions League and Premier League, a healthy balance sheet pre-pandemic, a squad full of stars and a global fan base makes Liverpool a valuable part of Fenway Sports Group's operations.

A recent Forbes valuation put Liverpool at 12th in the list of the world's most valuable sports teams, ahead of the other FSG-owned team, the Boston Red Sox baseball team, with the Reds having a value of of £2.93bn ($4.1bn), a rise of 165 per cent in the past five years.

When compared with their Premier League rivals from the 'big six', they are behind only Manchester United in terms of value, with United valued at £3bn ($4.2bn) according to Forbes, with the Old Trafford club's own growth over the same five-year period far slower at 27 per cent".

There's a rabbit off if the 10% stake was purchased for £500 million - probably aimed at getting around FFP regs!!!

Just checked, and it's a 10% stake in Fenway Sports group that was purchased for around £540 million.

Last edited:

nawoo

Yearling
It doesn't look good when you see other lower division sides struggling with finances due to covid.

footysystems

Gelding
I am a big red and really don't know what to think about this ? Just crazy world of the premier league the world has gone mad. Unfortunately the game is not the same as when I was a lad and we used to get in OT old Trafford in United road for a £1.50 watching poor games. Who remembers Peter Davenport ? Gary Birtles ? And the like ? Absolutely garbage 😂

Sameernasri

Yearling
The game has become a joke.

Liverpool's owner's sold a 10% share of the club for 500 million several months ago yet Klopp cannot strengthen his squad as money is tight!

Regards,
Even if he hasn't signed players, They are doing well and this was the same squad with which he won UCL and Premier League.
I dont see signing players for teams who have do better as a good thing. Its like a Miss/Hit situation, could work out in favour and could also backfire.
Last season, Liverpool didn't have Virgil but he is back. And they are good in all departments (defence, midfield, attack).

Juventus last season signed lot of players and completely changed their squad, almost 5-6 new faces in the starting eleven but they ended up not winning. If they had kept same players, maybe last season also could have been theirs, not Inter