• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Retriever's 'LAYS'

retriever

Filly
Results to date :- 64 winning lays from 101 ( 63% )
Total return = +9.24 pts
ROI = +9.15 % (after comm.)
( Laying to 1pt Liability at BFSP )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One for tomorrow that is so far ahead in the market....I don't know what to make of it......but here goes.....
(Posting now, as busy in the morning).

102 (21 Aug) 2.05 Carlisle Leapers Wood (AF BF, 6f, Cl5, 2yo, Non-Handicap)
Leapers Wood seems too short in the market for a 2yo race where many have yet to show their talents.
Going with newcomers, both foaled in January, Deb's Delight and Gravity Force....who has had a wind op (at the age of 2 ?)

EDIT : I see Gravity Force is a non-runner...…..substitute Alioski

Last edited:

retriever

Filly
Satisfying Lay yesterday (haven't watched the race yet on Bet365, as the replays have become pretty useless since they changed the format and wouldn't work).
Had a small bet on Deb's Delight, so even better..
Also puts me at over 10% RIO at BFSP......hopefully this can become long term and steady with refinement and work!!

Results to date :- 65 winning lays from 102 ( 64% )
Total return = +10.54 pts
ROI = +10.33 % ( after comm. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first glance I didn't like todays Lay but the more I look at it the better it seems.

103 (22 Aug) 3.25 Chepstow Dont Stop Dancing ( BF, 5f, Cl5, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Dont Stop Dancing although has plenty of speed, but has yet to race over the minimum distance.
When Comes Here has, on the other hand, and his race back in early May at Salisbury (5f) may be the key to this race.
Indyzeb is unraced and therefore, an unknown, (barring the negative of being a Zebedee filly), gets the 2nd preference over Lexington Rebel.

Note: I see the market has already gone against Dont Stop Dancing in favour of When Comes Here.

Last edited:

retriever

Filly
104 (24 Aug) 12.50 Killarney Ravens Cry ( AF BF, 1m, £10.4k, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Baby Zeus & Zoom Zoom Babe

105 (24 Aug) 2.00 Chelmsford Luna Wish ( AA CA, 1m, Cl6, 2yo, Handicap )
Bets : Timon & Inflamed

(24 Aug) 3.55 Newmarket Pretty Pollyanna ( BF, 6f, Listed, 3yo+, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Land Of Legends & Raucous

107 (24 Aug) 5.45 Cartmel Cape Hideaway ( CN, 2m1f, Cl4, 3yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Canford Thompson & Jeremys Jet

Last edited:

paulb164

Filly
LOL - my 'Retriever Lays' bot will conflict with my 'Dobbing' test in some races... I've decided to opt for your picks when that happens since you're on a pretty good roll at the moment !

retriever

Filly
Yes, I see you can only do one automation thingy in a race at one time. If you were to place manual bets in the race alongside the automation I guess any green-up feature would interfere too if it was 'green-all'. 'Green' selection would probably be a way around that.

I'm kicking myself at the moment paul, as I was going to do a Daily Goals double in the Tipping Comp for 5 pts on todays and tomorrows Premiership games as I said 'good weather = plenty of goals'. Thought first match today would have been 2pm kick off - forgot to check.

Also blew my Betfair bank by betting £5 on each of Footy Traders French games, last night, hoping to start building my balance up from £25.....doh!

retriever

Filly
Only two from four yesterday but no real damage done.

Raucous provided a nice winner at 10/1 ( BSP 19.24 ) for the bets side. I am beginning to wish I was still keeping track, but I expect the results would be different, as I am more 'relaxed' in picking them now - not being under pressure to recover losses.

Results to date :- 68 winning lays from 107 ( 64% )
Total return = +10.54 pts
ROI = +9.85 % ( after comm. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One for today ( but looks like five for tomorrow at the moment!! ).

108 (25 Aug) 4.45 Goodwood Spanish Aria ( CF, 1m4f, Cl3, 3yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Quicksand & Alemagna

paulb164

Filly
Yes, I see you can only do one automation thingy in a race at one time. If you were to place manual bets in the race alongside the automation I guess any green-up feature would interfere too if it was 'green-all'. 'Green' selection would probably be a way around that.

I'm kicking myself at the moment paul, as I was going to do a Daily Goals double in the Tipping Comp for 5 pts on todays and tomorrows Premiership games as I said 'good weather = plenty of goals'. Thought first match today would have been 2pm kick off - forgot to check.

Also blew my Betfair bank by betting £5 on each of Footy Traders French games, last night, hoping to start building my balance up from £25.....doh!
With regards to Footy Bettor's picks, while it may turn out to be a profitable system in the long run, the fact that the picks themselves tend to be from traditionally low-scoring leagues (and the French Ligue 2 is a typical example) tells me that it will be an up-and-down, rocky ride to that profit. While I wish Footy Bettor the best of luck and much profit with it, I personally wouldn't like to follow it because of that. As I have several systems all working off the same BF pot, the systems themselves need to have a certain stability and fluid progress so no individual system can have a huge impact on the pot and maybe interfere with the other plans.

retriever

Filly
I can see the reasoning for wanting stability within your BF bank on a day to day basis. Actually, backing around Evens to 6/4 should be fairly stable although you should expect losing runs of 7 - 12 per 100 bets (and losing runs can come at any time and even together, with just a winner or two between them).
I was just being silly with my £5 bet :D .....when I get to bet seriously it will be with a bank of £500 / £1000.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to show that I am not laying 4/1 shots !! and my selections here, initially have a Forecast price of Evens to 6/4.....here are todays odds movements.

Last edited:

retriever

Filly
Three for today in the end....

109 (26 Aug) 1.55 Epsom Nat Love ( BF, 7f, Cl4, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Moorland Spirit & Olivers Pursuit

(26 Aug) 3.00 Southwell Strong Power ( AA BA, 5f, Cl5, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Maystar & Augustus Caesar

(26 Aug) 4.45 Southwell Quickly Does It ( AA BA, 5f, Cl5, 3yo+, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Bhangra & Double Martini

paulb164

Filly
I believe it is possible to have more than 1 automation on any particular market simply by having more than 1 version of BA open at the same time... I've never tried it and probably never will - I would think that 2 automations going at the same time would conflict each other quite wildly and mess with your profitability.

retriever

Filly
@paulb164 I generally like to have systems that don't overlap and conflict with one another.
And as if using one version of BA wasn't confusing enough!! 🤣

Results to date :- 71 winning lays from 111 ( 64% )
Total return = +10.71 pts
ROI = +9.65 % ( after comm. )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

112 (27 Aug) 3.00 Ripon G For Gabrial ( AF CF, 1m, Cl4, 2yo, Handicap )
Bets : World Title & Fast Deal

(27 Aug) 7.50 Bath Awsaaf ( CF, 5f, Cl5, 3yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Princely & Perfect Charm

retriever

Filly
Yesterday...…...World Title / Fast Deal coming in 1st / 2nd......Forecast paying 11.25
Awsaaf…...drifted from 7/4 earlies out to 5/1 (and winning), probably down to the 'gamble' on Princely, which went astray.

Results to date :- 72 winning lays from 113 ( 64% )
Total return = +10.24 pts
ROI = +9.06 % ( after comm. )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

114 (28 Aug) 4.00 Lingfield Follia ( BF, 7f, Cl5, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Irish Tweed & Gypsy Whisper

Last edited:

retriever

Filly
Gypsy Whisper (11/2), providing the right kind of result for this System yesterday beating (4/7 Fav.) Follia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Four for today !!

115 (29 Aug) 1.50 Ffos Las Gilt Edge ( CF, 6f, Cl5, 3yo, Handicap )
Bets : Assembly Of Truth & Cotubanama

(29 Aug) 5.40 Bellewstown Walking On Glass ( AN CN, 2m4f, £7.8k, 4yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Lucky Road & Mega Mindy

(29 Aug) 6.35 Fontwell Simon The Great ( BN, 2m5½f, Cl4, 4yo+, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Victarion & Fr Humphreyo_O

118 (29 Aug) 6.50 Sedgefield Desert Point ( CN, 2m3f, Cl4, 4yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Prince Khurram & Something Brewing

retriever

Filly
Only two from four yesterday with the Lays...….but two nice wins with the bets Lucky Road (SP 5/1 BSP 6.91) and Fr Humphrey (SP 16/1 BSP 19.92) which in all honesty shouldn't have happened. Bad tactical riding by the two other riders or perhaps clever tactical riding by the winner. Worth watching.

Two today...….and I will update totals on Sunday (when I have more time).

119 (30 Aug) 4.40 Bangor For Jim ( CN, 2m3.5f, Cl5, 3yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Biscay Bay & Izzys Champion

(30 Aug) 6.05 Wolverhampton Take Me To The Sky ( BA, 7f, Cl6, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Silver Samurai & Cafe Milano

retriever

Filly
Just putting the Lays here early....will come back if I can with remaining details.

121 (31 Aug) 1.40 Down Royal Schroders Mistake
(31 Aug) 2.15 Down Royal Pulse Of Shanghai
(31 Aug) 4.50 N. Abbot Midnight Magic
(31 Aug) 8.45 Chelmsford Shrewdness

retriever

Filly
121 (31 Aug) 1.40 Down Royal Schroders Mistake ( AF BF, 5f, £7.8k, 2yo, Non-Handicap )
Bets : Lady Penelope & Mutiny

(31 Aug) 2.15 Down Royal Pulse Of Shanghai ( AF BF, 5f, £7.5k, 3yo+, Non-Handicap )
Bets : A Delight & Cactus Tree

(31 Aug) 4.50 N. Abbot Midnight Magic ( CN, 3m2f, Cl4, 4yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Manofthemountain & Primal Focus

(31 Aug) 8.45 Chelmsford Shrewdness ( CA, 1m2f, Cl3, 3yo+, Handicap )
Bets : Maid For Life & Gallic

retriever

Filly
Three from four winning Lays today. All these Lays have a Forecast price between Evens and 6/4.....more often than not lately, they seem to open a tad higher, and drift higher over the day.....not good from the Lay points (returns) perspective.....but good if trading the movement.

Results to date :- 80 winning lays from 124 ( 65% )
Total return = +11.6 pts
ROI = +9.35 % ( after comm. )

No bet/s tomorrow.

And there won't be any for the next three weeks either, as I am on holiday.
(Two weeks really, but I have a number of domestic chores to catch up on......)

So, a total break from betting too, which is never a bad thing!! Clears your head...

Good luck with your punting!
Take care...