• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Regression analysis

I've got a simple piece of software (downloaded it years ago from somewhere) that can analyse numerical data such as ratings. It attempts to discover what elements of that data are most significant in finding winners. I have started to analyse the HRB standard rating by downloading each days data and loading it into a spreadsheet. It then has to be altered slightly and copied into a notepad file for the software to read.

I was going to attach it but because it is ".exe" I can't. I have attached an output so if anyone is interested perhaps we can find another way.

Attachments

• hrb result Jan 1 to 7.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 27
Sorry Guys, I was going to attach all the files with an explanation but I need to zip the .exe file and need to find a free zip prog to do it. Meanwhile here is a text file that explains it a bit better.

I am no expert on this (understatement) but I believe it analyses the data looking at combinations of the different criteria. HRB Ratings seem to be ideal as you can download historical data with the results and with a few adjustments put them in a text file and run them through the programme. I have no idea how many days need to be fed in to get meaningful results (a lot I suspect). It is time consuming and I only have 14 days loaded so there is a long way to go. I will plug away and report back when I have a couple of months done unless someone far clever than I says it is a waste of time.

Attachments

• Regression.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 20
Attached are all the files to run this. However, I should state that this is proving to be a slow process and I am not sure whether I am making any progress. There are so many options regarding what criteria in the HRB standard rating to include/exclude and also the decision as to how many Nodes to include. So far I have managed to analyse January up to the 26th but all the profits seem to come from one or two big priced winners and a lot of losers. In other words a very low strike rate. This is not the most user friendly software to use so I may do some more research before going further.

Attachments

• publish.zip
    249.4 KB · Views: 25
Back