• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ratings System Test

gav

Filly
I have been trying a new system the last couple of days. It requires the selection of at least 1 winner per meeting/day.
The ratings set I have at present has mostly been good at getting a winner at each meeting I have been looking for a way to put this into use.
Using small stakes I have been able to produce profit from this and I'm willing to give this more time and effort to improve it.
How it works on losing run
10p on the first selection from ratings at same meeting.
If lose 20p on next.
If lose 30p on next.
If lose 60p on next.
If lose £1.20 on next.
If lose £2.40 on next.
If lose £4.80 on last.

How it works on winner
10p on the first selection from ratings at same track.
If lose 20p on next.
If lose 30p on next.
If win try 10p on next.
If lose we stop at that meeting and take profit.

This has been working good for me so far and I have a high strike rate for finding 1 winner per meeting with the ratings system. I managed to hit Naval Intelligence yesterday at Newmarket with odds of 34.00 as my first meeting winner.
Today's selections i'm playing with are as follows:
ratings.JPG
 
Well another day in profit of around £10 and a winner at every meeting except Chepstow where all selections finished 2nd.
HRB.JPG
 
Still early days but made a profit again today.
There were a couple of last race winners that boosted the winnings.
Capture.JPG
 
My ratings selections got a profit again today. I'm not expecting this every day but I do think it may have something.
Capture.JPG
Going to look into a staking system for it now.
 
So I have been checking things through with this system and I'm now going to go for it tomorrow.
Initially I will be halving my starting stakes at each meeting and hoping to find some longer priced ratings selections.
As most of you know It's all too frequently that new systems start on a losing run, I looking to get off to a winning one this time but who knows.....
Here's a couple of scenarios for tomorrow, I'm looking to hit the last one....
BAD DAY
Capture.JPG

AVERAGE DAY
Capture.JPG


GOOD DAY
Capture.JPG
 
Small profit from small stakes today.
ratings system TOTAL.JPG

Will continue tomorrow with this and add slowly to my staking amount on winning days.

And some of my bets for today.
ratings system 1.JPG

ratings system 2.JPG

ratings system 3.JPG

ratings system 4.JPG

ratings system 5.JPG

ratings system 6.JPG
 
I won't post the system picks every day unless they are of use to anyone.
But here's tomorrows
Capture.JPG
 
Well still made a profit today with this. It surely cant continue can it.
Ive enough faith that the wins will exceed the losses so I will carry on increasing the starting stake on wining days.
I will pause the thread for now with the view in posting back if the system gets interesting with the larger stakes.
 
Well back again.....and the system above is still working for me but being realistic profits could well take a large hit on a bad day and I can see that coming anytime.
So in another spin with the ratings I'm trying out something a bit different although still based on the same original ratings set.
It's a bank stake percentage based system I use on a spreadsheet.
Using today's ratings it made a decent profit and seems suited to my strike rate.

Today's Ratings
Capture.JPG

Selections Entered In Spreadsheet @ 2% of £100 bank
Capture.JPG
And continued.......
Capture.JPG


A profit of £70.87 on today's ratings with the staking system.
It may well be worth following this .
 
Have a few bets with this system today starting on the 2.05 Tipperary
Staking is going to be 2% of £100 bank updated after every race with the spreadsheet.
Will post first and last bets today and give an update on performance.

First Bet.
Capture.JPG
 
Well started well then went downhill quickly.


Capture.JPG
4 winners and a loss of £14 for the pleasure.
Capture.JPG

So not good today and it's back to the drawing board..

On the plus side my track systems did ok today. Think I will need to drill down better on each track with HRB.
Capture.JPG
 
Back
Top