• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Randox Health Grand National

Steeplechasing

Yearling
I had fancied Elegant Escape for this for quite some time and backed him a few months ago. He seemed custom-designed for it to my eye but there was always the risk that his trigger happy trainer Tizzard would balls things up by not keeping him fresh. Sure enough I see he is set to carry top weight at Haydock in the Grand National trial on Saturday. The ground will be desperate as it was two years back when Blaklion under 11.12 left his career in the Haydock mud (he was 7/1 Grand National fav at the time). Nigel Twiston-Davies, sadly, is another one who cannot bear leaving a horse in its box when that's the only place it should be.

So, it's back to my second string, Kimberlite Candy who won the same Warwick race (with even more authority) that One For Arthur did prior to his National success. The price has gone a bit now but with or without Tiger Roll I think Kimberlite Candy will take a lot of beating. He raced throughout the Warwick run as though the choke was fully out, but he powered away on the run in as though he could go round again. Assuming the blinkers continue having such a positive effect, he'll be hard to beat in the big one.

Good luck
Joe