• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Racing Post Data at Dundalk

Just wondered if anyone else has had problems with the fast / slow times against the standard at Dundalk being changed from when they were originally posted. Not sure how far this problem goes back but it has undermined a lot of hard work. Any thoughts welcome.
Steve

Outlander

Gelding
Just wondered if anyone else has had problems with the fast / slow times against the standard at Dundalk being changed from when they were originally posted. Not sure how far this problem goes back but it has undermined a lot of hard work. Any thoughts welcome.
Steve
Is it the winning times that they are changing, or is it just the comparison to standard that is changing , if the latter then it could be that they have revised their standard times ?

Steve
I take it you are aware that the racing surface at Dundalk was just re-laid, and if you are using the RP standard times, Dave Edwards has just recently redone the Dundalk standard times.
If you use going allowances it wouldn't matter how slow or fast the surface was you just adjust to suit.

Dundalk.png

As you can see from the above, I had the going at the last meeting at +0.32s/f (standard to fast).

Mike.

Thanks both, it was the comparison to the standard times that changed and your observations about the track resurfacing (Mike) make perfect sense. I am hoping that as I used going allowances, it should all be relative and the rating produced reliable but I will check at sample. It just seems the RP is always behind what's going on at the track! Best wishes, Steve

Thanks both, it was the comparison to the standard times that changed and your observations about the track resurfacing (Mike) make perfect sense. I am hoping that as I used going allowances, it should all be relative and the rating produced reliable but I will check at sample. It just seems the RP is always behind what's going on at the track! Best wishes, Steve

Just gone back through a sample of Dundalk figures and the good news is they are more or less the same, thanks to the the use of GA👍 so encouraging, just wondered if any of you had any views on Lawrence Taylor's speed ratings he posts on ATR and thier accuracy? He clearly uses the tactic of looking for consistency in figures over a sample of 3/4 of the horses last runs...🤔

Outlander

Gelding
I take it you are aware that the racing surface at Dundalk was just re-laid, and if you are using the RP standard times, Dave Edwards has just recently redone the Dundalk standard times.
If you use going allowances it wouldn't matter how slow or fast the surface was you just adjust to suit.

View attachment 91999

As you can see from the above, I had the going at the last meeting at +0.32s/f (standard to fast).

Mike.
Why if a surface is re-laid should the standard times change, if the course is still exactly the same.
Surely it is just the going allowance that might change ie the surface will ride faster or slower. All weather surfaces tend to bed in and the time eventually revert to normal so what’s the point in changing standard times ?

Why if a surface is re-laid should the standard times change, if the course is still exactly the same.
Technically there is no reason to change the standard times on an AW track, all you need to do is adjust the speed of the racing surface on the day with a going allowance.
Dave Edwards has been making massive changes to the standard times recently, for example, he has been increasing the standard times over the jumps for the distance races, for the past several weeks I have been updating the standard time's list I use daily.

Outlander

Gelding
Technically there is no reason to change the standard times on an AW track, all you need to do is adjust the speed of the racing surface on the day with a going allowance.
Dave Edwards has been making massive changes to the standard times recently, for example, he has been increasing the standard times over the jumps for the distance races, for the past several weeks I have been updating the standard time's list I use daily.
Not before time that the jumps standards needed to be revisited, now if they can just time the races correctly might be getting somewhere.