• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Raceform Interactive.

justmyluck1

Yearling
This has probably been discussed before but can current subscribers of Raceform let me know if i should purchase interactive instead of using the Post site.detailing the advantages.

J justmyluck1 What do you want to do that you can't currently do on the post site?
Hi i`m really just looking for an alternative database to Dataform,a site i was using alongside the Post,one of the things i don`t like about the post is they tweak the ratings on their racecards,i know Raceform use the same base ratings as the Post but my understanding is the ratings on the Interactive cards are worked out from the master rating and left at that.

Why do you want to stop using Dataform? Have you looked other alternatives; ProForm, Horseracebase?
I stopped using Dataform because i didn`t really like the layout and they have far too many options when displaying a racecard and therefor just makes studying time consuming,proform is too expensive and i`m not that keen on the layout of HRB either !, so i am considering Raceform for the new jumps season.

I use RI as it allows straight forward access to its database so I can produce my own cards with the info that I want to see.
mick mick uses it as an electronic formbook and rates it very highly, he is probably better placed to comment on its ability to display racecards.

J justmyluck1 I only use the flat version which costs £47 per month and imo this represents excellent value. As far as i am aware Raceform do not do a Proform type Youtube demo which is a shame. All i can advise is that it best suits my way of working which is to identify a horse of interest via my own ratings and then investigate all of its past form.

I find the way they present a race and the options available for investigating individual runners straight forward and most helpful. The IT support is first class and genuinely available 7 days per week which for a computer numpty such as myself also counts for plenty on the rare occasions that the product plays up.

Re demo i found this which is 10yrs old and does not do justice to the product but what's good for the Gosden . :)

Last edited:
J justmyluck1 I only use the flat version which costs £47 per month and imo this represents excellent value. As far as i am aware Raceform do not do a Proform type Youtube demo which is a shame. All i can advise is that it best suits my way of working which is to identify a horse of interest via my own ratings and then investigate all of its past form.

I find the way they present a race and the options available for investigating individual runners straight forward and most helpful. The IT support is first class and genuinely available 7 days per week which for a computer numpty such as myself also counts for plenty on the rare occasions that the product plays up.

Re demo i found this which is 10yrs old and does not do justice to the product but what's good for the Gosden . :)

Thank you for your reply Mick,it does sound like something i could use as an alternative to the Post so i will probably ditch that subscription.
I am trying to get a proper look at how a typical race card is laid out on screen but can`t seem to find any screen shots,is there any chance you could put one up on here ?

Thank you Mick appreciate that,are the ratings shown on the race card Raceform`s or your own ?
On the whole race screen shot the RF ones. But you can click to show RF SF OR or own as per the black red grey blue sections in the single horse example. For the NH version they also use green and blue to identify hurdle - chase.

I used to use it and found it very useful especially for storing my own ratings in which you can set your own lbs/lgth for each distance and also choose if you wanted your rating weight adjusted or not including WFA options. Once you start using it you soon get into the way things are set up and also you can make your own queries and export those results to csv.
Hope this helps
cheers
steveT

Does anyone know of something similar to Dataform that would include all PMU races? Yes, I'm STILL looking for French data. I found useful data for Australia, S. Korea and Singapore but nothing for France outside of Paris-Turf. :headbang:

Does anyone know of something similar to Dataform that would include all PMU races?
Hi Ian,

This could be what you're looking for: Turf-Info. It costs 57€ per year and is updated daily. As I recall, the database contained only PMU 'Premium' races and not races designated as PMU 'internet only'. Since the beginning of the year, the PMU have cut back significantly on the number of races they cover to the extent that there is now virtually little difference between the coverage of the standard PMU and the internet PMU. However, Turf-Info is financed by the online Zeturf bookmaker, so I would expect that the database would cover their races too. If not, there will be a significant hole in the form of horses racing at premium meetings that have previously run at internet-only meetings.

I still update my database of all PMU and PMH races daily, so if I can help you with any analysis let me know.

Ray

Back