• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Punted Round up

That's the 2.00 Pont T tacker
I don't understand....what am I not seeing?
Waldonig's last race was a Class 5 event and this is a Class 2 - that's quite a jump to be running as the top weight in this Handicap.
My systems are throwing up VICTORY CHIME who appears far more experienced and reliable with a 41% win s/r (7-17) at this level.
I guess this is 'form' reading that you're good at and I can't grasp....:(

Interesting race too. I have just seen that Hollie Doyle has only one ride tomorrow and that's on Louganini.
The more I look, the more Waldonig looks like a lay at it's current price.....lol. Of course, I don't mind egg on my face!!

Last edited:
That's the 2.00 Pont T tacker
I don't understand....what am I not seeing?
Waldonig's last race was a Class 5 event and this is a Class 2 - that's quite a jump to be running as the top weight in this Handicap.
My systems are throwing up VICTORY CHIME who appears far more experienced and reliable with a 41% win s/r (7-17) at this level.
I guess this is 'form' reading that you're good at and I can't grasp....:(

Interesting race too. I have just seen that Hollie Doyle has only one ride tomorrow and that's on Louganini.
The more I look, the more Waldonig looks like a lay at it's current price.....lol. Of course, I don't mind egg on my face!!
Hi retriever retriever yes it was a cl5 but the winner is about G3, rating of 111 on his last run, so i suspect both far better than class5.
Waldkonig hasn't run since so something must have gone wrong but it's all about the rate of improvement i suppose, take for instance the one you like VICTORY CHIME, first time he went into a handicap he was on a mark of 72, now rated 98.
LOUGNANINI would be my choice for the f/c but it's all about opinions

Thanks T tacker I see more of what your saying here.
Waldonig's form revolving around Highest Ground - although I would question HG's form running 2nd to Thunderous (103) and failing in G2 Darley Stakes (10 of 12) - so perhaps the 111 rating is 'unproven'. But as you say it's about improvement, especially for the younger horses.
First race of the season for all of them so anything can happen. One to take forward and learn from ( for me anyway ).

I've had a look at the race now and have three possibles:

Waldonig OR 101
Victory Chime OR 98
Lougnani OR 93

On speed, I make Victory Chime 10 points ahead of the other two.

On trainers and jockeys at the course, I make it between Victory Chime and Lougani, though Waldonig has a good jockey ( his trainers are the Gosdens, but they have no course experience since the partnership. Can't really seeing that being a problem for the Gosdens.

So?
No conclusion at present.
Not much help. :sorry:

I can see that Waldkonig could have all the makings of stablemate Mishriff - 2 million pound winner in Meydan ten days ago - impressive last to first.
I cannot see an immediate connection from a pedigree standpoint for Waldkonig but certainly looks to being brought along the same way as Mishriff, albeit, possibly with a small setback to date so far, but I can see how a Kingman colt could indeed be 'progressive' to an extreme.

nb./ I love it when you put up those horse photo's Chesham Chesham (y) Waldkonig is almost smiling for the camera!

Invisible pictures notwithstanding, I note Waldkonig is a clear favourite on btfr this morning.
I'll hold back, before deciding whether to bet in the race or not.

I can see that Waldkonig could have all the makings of stablemate Mishriff - 2 million pound winner in Meydan ten days ago - impressive last to first.
I cannot see an immediate connection from a pedigree standpoint for Waldkonig but certainly looks to being brought along the same way as Mishriff, albeit, possibly with a small setback to date so far, but I can see how a Kingman colt could indeed be 'progressive' to an extreme.

nb./ I love it when you put up those horse photo's Chesham Chesham (y) Waldkonig is almost smiling for the camera!

What happened to your post Chesham Chesham?
:(
I decided to remove my post from this Thread, but it was for you anyway and you have read it and I expect that you understand what I was explaining in relation to the Key Form and pedigree.

I've had a look at the race now and have three possibles:

Waldonig OR 101
Victory Chime OR 98
Lougnani OR 93

On speed, I make Victory Chime 10 points ahead of the other two.

On trainers and jockeys at the course, I make it between Victory Chime and Lougani, though Waldonig has a good jockey ( his trainers are the Gosdens, but they have no course experience since the partnership. Can't really seeing that being a problem for the Gosdens.

So?
No conclusion at present.
Not much help. :sorry:
hello Victory Chime jockey and trainer has a 33% strike rate together at Pontefract

Thanks retriever retriever and glad that you managed to read my post as I mentioned last night had a 57% chance of winning and the odds were generous considering. Strangely enough have just been reading an article that examined the Sectionals of the Wolverhampton win and a formula was applied to compare the first 2 sectionals and final sectional with the sectionals of other Class 5 Placed horse over C&D to predict if it was a standard Class 5 performance or above Average

D93C6AA1-529C-488E-95B6-6F548BC83254.jpeg

Sorry T tacker for intruding on your thread.

I am guessing the Wolverhampton win was above average then? The race comment was 'tracked leaders, hung right and led 2f out, quickened clear, impressive'. Speed is all telling I suppose as long as you correctly apply the correct maths.

I was going to ask Chesham Chesham how did you come about the 57% chance of winning? What was that based on?

Love the quote, by the way. I have been doing that with a lot of areas in my life.

4.00 ponte TWIGLIGHT SONG 9/2
There are a couple of ifs with this horse but i think his form is plenty good enough to warrant a tickle at the price, expect it to attract support tomorrow so taking the risk tonight.

Spent a lot of time looking at a little novice race 3.55 leic, backed JARAMILLO last night but have decided that POSSIBLE MAN is a big danger so covered my bets with R f/c

To be honest i was hoping JARAMILLO would be going for a little hdc but this might prove to be a good novice going forward, JARA was given a fairly gentle ride imo on both starts and i would expect a much improved horse this season. He gets 7lb off POSSIBLE MAN today because that horse won a good maiden over a 8f ling from Unforgotten who has won since as well as the 3rd so plenty there to worry about with top stable but still prefer Varian horse to come out on top.

Spent a lot of time looking at a little novice race 3.55 leic, backed JARAMILLO last night but have decided that POSSIBLE MAN is a big danger so covered my bets with R f/c

To be honest i was hoping JARAMILLO would be going for a little hdc but this might prove to be a good novice going forward, JARA was given a fairly gentle ride imo on both starts and i would expect a much improved horse this season. He gets 7lb off POSSIBLE MAN today because that horse won a good maiden over a 8f ling from Unforgotten who has won since as well as the 3rd so plenty there to worry about with top stable but still prefer Varian horse to come out on top.
Well you had the winner and the forecast - another nice post and result

Back