• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Punted Round up

2.47 chep BALLYOPTIC 8/1 ew

Won this race last season off a 11lb lower mark and slower ground but i would guess twiston-davies will have him plenty fit enough to go very close today and with every chance of winning. His record shows october his a good month for him and because he is short of top class this kind of race would be his kind of target, ran 5 times last year and won 3 of them, beaten twice but both races were asking plenty.
The fav SECRET INVESTER has never been a fav of mine so maybe i'm bias but i don't think his jumping is all that great and the 5 fences in the straight could favour BALLYOTIC imo
Of the others SEDDON is getting plenty of weight and is fit from racing 3 times over the summer, BOLDMERE might be better this year but needs to improve i believe so on balance and providing there are no more nrs BALLYOPTIC looks very solid to me.
Alot of time wasted on another non runner

T tacker I had him on the shortlist too - there's been a lot of horses pulled out due to "unsuitable ground" today - the 4.32 Chepstow for example - and the majority of horses are proven winners on the surface? Spiritofthegames was mentioned on another thread and another on my shortlist - record on good ground: W2, Pl 1 from 4 runs and is pulled out because of the ground:(

Last edited:
1.50 winc SUNRISE RUBY 4/1
I keep forgetting about this thread so will go with this mare today not so much about form though she has enough to be a threat but I think it's the quickish ground that suits her skipping style of running and might be less of an advantage to both nicholls runners, she does run with her head a little high and can miss an hurdle out but looks like she can find a fair bit of speed at the business end.

GOOD EFFORT 3,40 ling
Has won his last 4 races and also won over c/d so it comes down to whether he is good enough ?
The c/d win showed him travelling easy and kicking clear until slowing up when the race was done final furlong, I think it worth looking at his sectionals over 6f.....

13.66 / 11.42 / 11.04 / 1050 / 10.91 / 11.75 =69.28s
that was carrying 9.0, his main market rival JUDICIAL won this race last year and his sects were...
14.59 / 11.05 / 11.44 / 11.21 / 11.10 / 11.07 = 70.46 carrying 9.6

What does it tell us ? not sure but i can see GOOD EFFORT leading round the bend and then needing to hang on, not always easy at lingfield but hopefully can dominate the race from trap 3 .

ps... outsider FIZZY FEET is no forlorn hope @ 40/1 but GOOD EFFORT 9/4 is my bet.

Good effort wind easily enough.

Last edited:
8.00 wolv AMTIYAZ
Decided to take 15/8 boosted to 2/1 .
Won well enough but nothing special in beating NBLAWI rated 85 and giving the winner 9lb by about 2L, commentator said the race turned into a 3f sprint ? that may be an exaggeration but it all fits in with the discussion about pace/times, so i will look forward to seeing the sectionals but for now i will say AMTIYAZ no better than 86.

2.25 newb MARIES ROCK. 7/4.

Very impressed with this mare last year but her season was cut short and i see that she's had a wind op, her mark of 141 looks about right for whats she's done but the manner of both wins suggests she is better than that, Travels easily in her races and then finds another gear after the last, long run in at newb so providing she's fit enough today then i can see her skipping away from these close home on this ground

MARIE’S ROCK
Nicky Henderson
She was only ever in the Fighting Fifth in case anything, god forbid, meant that Epatante couldn’t run because this was always the plan and she is a top class mare, I hope! She would have been heading to the Mares’ Novice at Cheltenham in March but she picked up an injury just before which quickly halted our plans so she’s on the comeback trail but I’ve been extremely happy with everything she has done and it’s great for the guys at Middleham Park Racing to have such a talented mare on their hands. You don’t need me to tell you how exciting she is.

2.20 carl MOUNT NEWS 11/4
This horse came back to run a good race over 20f here but was well beat 3 1/4 L by WEST OF THE BRIDGE who can be said to have boosted the form in a cl 1 race behind MAIN FACT. The 3rd TEESCOMPONENT LAD has since gone on to win a similar cl 2 race and the 4th JACAMAR ran 4th again on friday newb so clearly plenty of positives from that race.

He was a decent enough novice 3 yrs ago rated 145 but a change of stables and a few novice chases has seen his mark go down to 131 which based on the above race would seem to be a decent mark, tries 25f today which is no given that he will get but he travelled with ease last time and should be fine.

In many ways this probably comes down to whether this horse perhaps had an underlying problem that's been ironed out based on his seasonal debut and is a little better than 131 but either way his chance looks obvious to me.

possibly 3m a touch too far for MN ( -/1.01 on betfair ) but a remarkable run from the winner touched (490 )

Last edited:
Amazing run and tactics by conditional jockey Charlotte Jones on No Hiding Place.
Glorious summer for conditional Charlotte Jones - James Moffatt Racing Stables
Last time that gelding won was two years ago in November. All runs have been more or less the same since - distance, OR - except trying to break into Class 3 with a win. Trying to figure out the key here and the only thing I can see is perhaps was that it is now settled into a new yard ( James Moffatt ) and was given the chance to run like a new kid today. Great race.
Mount News faltered at the line and probably the distance was too far, but I'd like to think horses have respect for one another.
PS. I was on Planet Nine ( 5th ) :)

When these small stables have success i think it demonstrates all that is good about the sport, certainly as far as jump racing is concerned anyway.

As for horses having respect for one another retriever retriever .....what planet are you on ?

2.55 hay GOOBINATOR 7/2

This horse outstayed my bet lto and looked beat early in the straight but kept chugging away to the line, only got 4lb for that and being proven on the ground i think his form stacks up well here over slightly further.

pathetic.

Last edited:
Back