• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Punted Round up

Hi T tacker

I have posted this here as it would have distracted from TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother Compiling Speed Figures thread as he uses it to share his ratings with other Speed Compilers .

Battaash covered more ground than any other horse in the race and if using the data form sectionals (not available for every meeting or even track .The final,figure could be marked up slightly
Sometimes camera angles and lens compression Can distort what you are viewing

This particular set of data uses positional tracking (GPS) and not only the sectional speeds but the ground covered. If you are using ATR then they are missing a trick when it comes to distance covered and final times

0B1C1478-B5F5-4E91-BB28-C1A061B40AE1.jpeg

Hi T tacker

I have posted this here as it would have distracted from TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother Compiling Speed Figures thread as he uses it to share his ratings with other Speed Compilers .

Battaash covered more ground than any other horse in the race and if using the data form sectionals (not available for every meeting or even track .The final,figure could be marked up slightly
Sometimes camera angles and lens compression Can distort what you are viewing

This particular set of data uses positional tracking (GPS) and not only the sectional speeds but the ground covered. If you are using ATR then they are missing a trick when it comes to distance covered and final times

View attachment 86162
Yes i think this is correct and did find the ascot site this morning, not had time to look at it yet but who would have guessed.
I'm still of the view that those sectionals are surprising and for anyone interested in times or speed figures are a must.
Cheers.

JUMAIRA BAY 1.35 york
Up 2lbs for finishing 3rd lto is never a good mix but he was held up and didn't get the run when the race was unfolding , ran on under hands and heels and i suspect this horse will be ridden the same way today but i'd like to think he is at least a 90+horse.
Roger varian continues in good form and even tho 2/1 might look a bit skinny JB might finish up even shorter post time.

2.45 good...SIR BUSKER 13/2

The negatives might be that a hold up horse on ground that could be a bit quick for him on a track like goodwood, throw in the fact that he's up 5lbs for finishing 2nd lto and that's enough to put off any decent gambler.
The positives are at best that he might have been a little unlucky at newm and i like the horse.

3.00 asc...AUSTRALIS 3/1

Not much of a price and back on turf today, good to firm might not suit (who knows) , righthanded track is another unknown but the worse thing is getting another 6lbs for getting beat lto. Bad gambler that i am has forced me to have a dabble.

A busy day with 10 races looked at by myself, however none provided a possible bet. As i started looking at the 4 day dec stage a fair few collective hours appear to have been wasted, but i long ago concluded that in this game knowing when not to bet is half the job. Incidentally the Ascot 3.0 was not one so i cannot comment other than to say best of for Australis. :)

2.45 york SIR BUSKER 6/1

Nothing much worth adding to what i've said before about this horse although you could easily argue there are a few holes in the form now, didn't see any daylight lto at goodwood but wide open straight at york shouldn't be a problem.

4.50 sand A LA VOILE
Very much a filly on the way up and it is her defeat of Star of wins bath 8f that caught my eye with this horse, the 2nd has gone on to win her next 2 races and there is deeper form in behind including Arabian Moon who went on to run a 5L 2nd behind ANGEL FAIRY.
Back to VOILE and she was clearly well in on her handicap debut where she won well enough but what complicates matters is the fact that ANGEL FAIRY'S time was 2secs quicker than VOILE'S same c/d but different days, so we have the form book versus the time if any of that makes sense.

Conclusion for me is that A LA VOILE form is the better and that will always trump times, besides she probably won with a bit hidden and will most probably be better than a 84 filly, not sure about the change of going today but i've complicated things enough already.

2 non runners now so only 9/4 now but decision made.

[
there is deeper form in behind including Arabian Moon who went on to run a 5L 2nd behind ANGEL FAIRY.

I think that should read Arabian Romance and not Arabian Moon, unless i'm reading the post incorrectly.

In the Bath race, from memory Arabian Moon was fav in the morning, drifted in the betting before the race started and ran accordingly. AM was then sent to run in a h'cap with a reduced mark. I would take a second look to see what type of race Arabian Moon next runs in.

Arkle

[

I think that should read Arabian Romance and not Arabian Moon, unless i'm reading the post incorrectly.

In the Bath race, from memory Arabian Moon was fav in the morning, drifted in the betting before the race started and ran accordingly. AM was then sent to run in a h'cap with a reduced mark. I would take a second look to see what type of race Arabian Moon next runs in.

Arkle
Yes you're correct arkle55 arkle55 i'm getting my "arabian's" mixed up.
Arabian Moon went on to run 6th in a class 4 handicap at kemp off a mark of 77 i'm still with A LA VOILE but what about you ?

Surprised anyone even looks so thanks for pointing that out.

Since 2014 Mr Stoute's female only races at Sandown have resulted in 2 wins from 25. Before 2014 the was more of a ready supply of winners. I'm not sure why Stoute's plans changed as he has always had the fire power.

The Grand Dam of ALV was very good as were some of the offspring, including the Dam All At Sea. ALV is the first of All At Sea's offspring. There appears to be plenty of stamina on the Dams side, Stoute also trains Alignak who is out of Albanova, the Grand Dam of ALV.

I see the ground has gone from gd/sft to currently good which she has previously won on. Any further drying will be welcome because of known form. I like her chances very much as she has room for improvement.

Arkle

Since 2014 Mr Stoute's female only races at Sandown have resulted in 2 wins from 25. Before 2014 the was more of a ready supply of winners. I'm not sure why Stoute's plans changed as he has always had the fire power.

The Grand Dam of ALV was very good as were some of the offspring, including the Dam All At Sea. ALV is the first of All At Sea's offspring. There appears to be plenty of stamina on the Dams side, Stoute also trains Alignak who is out of Albanova, the Grand Dam of ALV.

I see the ground has gone from gd/sft to currently good which she has previously won on. Any further drying will be welcome because of known form. I like her chances very much as she has room for improvement.

Arkle
Hi arkle55 arkle55 the Stoute Stats In Female Only Handicap Races at Sandown put me off too. Trouble with Fillies they can suddenly hit form and go out of form quickly. The Key Race Form looked good for the Bath Race as T tacker pointed out, but looks a race where something else might win.

6D079401-E78F-411E-BEFB-CD30C2DE85B1.jpeg

EE055D48-3F7A-4F51-98BD-939308D0DEE4.jpeg

3.35 newm KAMEKO 11/4
Runs in this group 2 so has to carry a penalty here which should never be ignored, add to that a slight uncertainty whether the ground will be quick enough for him, well beat on all three runs since his guineas win but i think he can be excused for all 3defeats and expect him to win this based on his 2000gns win over Pinatubo & Wichita.

edit......If they get rain they might withdraw him and the same with Benbatl

Last edited:
2.47 chep BALLYOPTIC 8/1 ew

Won this race last season off a 11lb lower mark and slower ground but i would guess twiston-davies will have him plenty fit enough to go very close today and with every chance of winning. His record shows october his a good month for him and because he is short of top class this kind of race would be his kind of target, ran 5 times last year and won 3 of them, beaten twice but both races were asking plenty.
The fav SECRET INVESTER has never been a fav of mine so maybe i'm bias but i don't think his jumping is all that great and the 5 fences in the straight could favour BALLYOTIC imo
Of the others SEDDON is getting plenty of weight and is fit from racing 3 times over the summer, BOLDMERE might be better this year but needs to improve i believe so on balance and providing there are no more nrs BALLYOPTIC looks very solid to me.

Back