• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Problem - advice required from admin.

Lexicon

Colt
I'm having trouble at login.
On pressing the Login button a box comes up carrying an old e-mail address along with a series of black dots in the password line beneath.
also the Stay Logged In box has been ticked. These are not my entries. Repeated attempts result in the same scenario being returned. I can only move beyond by copying and pasting the correct e-mail address . Perhaps I'm compromised in some way, but I'm also having keyboard trouble at the moment so there is a possibility too. Pressing the @ button results in " , whilst, bizarrely pressing the open quotation button results in @ - so there is obviously a problem there.

I don't mind running the hoover over the keyboard, or even investing in a new keyboard, but I feel less happy with the idea of perhaps being compromised.

Have you looked in the control panel to see if you're using the Dvorak key layout or similar? I've found Spybot search and destroy (think it might be called something else now) quite useful for keylogger/jacker type scans before.

Lexicon Lexicon I made a change to the forum last night to enforce the use of HTTPS
This means that if a user types www.theukbettingforum.co.uk or theukbettingforum.co.uk they will be taken to https://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk
See the green padlock in the address bar above.

I am guessing that at sometime in the past you logged into https://www.thebettingforum.co.uk using the details you are seeing now.
I assume that if if you type in your current email address and password everything works ok?

I think the keyboard issues are unrelated to you seeing an old email address.

ArkRoyal ArkRoyal & @BH01

Thanks for your help.
Ark - seems you're right about the keyboard issues - a quick session with the Shark vacuum has cleared up that one ( at least for now ?)
Also you're right with your "guessing" as well as with your "assumption".

However it still leaves me wondering why this "old outdated stuff " doesn't just go away, and why I'm still apparently permanently logged in ( which I don't want.)

BH01 - I haven't a clue what the Dvorak key layout would look like let alone "something similar". Sorry, I'm pretty much stupid when it comes to computers. I've checked a list of programs in the control panel and can't find any reference to Dvorak. What I can say is that when the old e-mail address is displayed beneath the e-mail address box it appears to have the image of a key in front of it. Whether this is significant I don't know.
I do run Spybot Search & Destroy weekly, and I shall run it again now.

Try clearing your browser cache, that should do the trick and should stop the old email address showing up.

ArkRoyal ArkRoyal & @BH01

Thanks for your help.
Ark - seems you're right about the keyboard issues - a quick session with the Shark vacuum has cleared up that one ( at least for now ?)
Also you're right with your "guessing" as well as with your "assumption".

However it still leaves me wondering why this "old outdated stuff " doesn't just go away, and why I'm still apparently permanently logged in ( which I don't want.)

BH01 - I haven't a clue what the Dvorak key layout would look like let alone "something similar". Sorry, I'm pretty much stupid when it comes to computers. I've checked a list of programs in the control panel and can't find any reference to Dvorak. What I can say is that when the old e-mail address is displayed beneath the e-mail address box it appears to have the image of a key in front of it. Whether this is significant I don't know.
I do run Spybot Search & Destroy weekly, and I shall run it again now.

It's just a different keyboard mapping configuration (QWERTY is the standard one that we use day to day) sometimes if one is turned on accidentally you get letters, numbers etc mapped to different buttons on the keyboard.

Back