• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Premier League

In a attempt to cut through all the confusion i will make it clear that anyone who for whatever reason can't do their job should be furloughed, what that then means they can recieve up to £7500 for a period of about 13 weeks, at the same time i think if football clubs decide to keep paying these players most of their wages, well that's up to them but one or two clubs were wanting to furlough staff paid for by the gov/us at the same time and i'm with many others that think it doesn't fit right from a morale point of view. In conclusion any footballer who chooses not to play will be relying on the good will of their clubs, fans and common decency if they want to be paid full wages to sit at home.
Not sure about any English premier League clubs but I read recently that Barcelona players have taken a voluntary 30% pay cut for the whole of next season.

...... I think a lot of people are still casting an anxious eye on just what is going to happen with League 1. Are they opting for closing the rest of the season, when they meet shortly, or are they opting to play the season out and finish it off. There is an awful lot of controversy and ill feeling going around currently as promotion and relegation issues are still up for grabs. It is going to be a very tight vote and voters have financial issues at heart when they line up to cast their vote. Very tricky decisions needed to be made and a lot more thought going into the mix. ;)

..... here is another prime example of the position in which a lot of clubs find themselves. This was taken off the Poster Feed just now:-

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has called on French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the football season early.

On 28 April, it was announced the Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons would not resume because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to France's prime minister and sports minister, Aulas said French football would face an "unprecedented economic and social crisis".

Lyon were seventh when the season was ended, so miss European qualification.

It is not so bad for clubs who have nothing further to play for, but extremely daunting for some of them to find that they have a chance for promotion and having it taken from under their feet by season closures. ;)

ArkRoyal

Administrator
Thats fine T tacker I get your last post but what I dont understand is your one rule for them comment. presumably the 'them' is the players? If so then they are employees and their employers decide whether or not they want to furlough them. Which the same rule as for every other employee and as I said in an earlier post if a player does not want to play then his employer is within his rights not to pay him.

..... here is another prime example of the position in which a lot of clubs find themselves. This was taken off the Poster Feed just now:-

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has called on French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the football season early.

On 28 April, it was announced the Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons would not resume because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to France's prime minister and sports minister, Aulas said French football would face an "unprecedented economic and social crisis".

Lyon were seventh when the season was ended, so miss European qualification.

It is not so bad for clubs who have nothing further to play for, but extremely daunting for some of them to find that they have a chance for promotion and having it taken from under their feet by season closures. ;)
I think realistically only one auto promotion place in league one is up for grabs,my team ( Coventry) are 1/100 to win the league,I can ( sort of ) understand Sunderland moaning because under what is likely to happen they will miss the play offs,I don't think they would have any chance of getting in the top two even if the remaining fixtures are played.

tacker

Stallion
ArkRoyal ArkRoyal I think we have just about got there, what worries me is that some players on ridiculous money might use their safety fears as an excuse.
If this virus stays with us for ever how will football or industry for that matter ever start again unless we learn to live with it.

understand Sunderland moaning because under what is likely to happen they will miss the play offs
..... I have no axe to grind about Sunderland, they have only themselves to blame for the position that they now find themselves in. They never learned their lessons in two back to back relegations and I still think that they have not learned their lessons yet. They had little chance to get an automatic spot and probably only a slim one to get the remaining spot via playoffs or whatever. But there are other sides in with a chance who will probably end up stuck where they are, and more so, how about those who look like they could escape relegation and have no chance of saving themselves from the drop unless the vote goes otherwise? Very unsatisfactory state of affairs and lots of can't win positions for some clubs. ;)

Last edited:

markfinn

Sire
The premier league in particular are subsided by TV shirt sponsors etc , so unless they reneign on TV rights , clubs should have no recourse to the government's funds , which should be spread evenly amongst those that qualify.

djb38

Gelding
Prem clubs need to step up to the plate and help out the lower league clubs. Talk of 50-60 clubs going out of business next season is worrying for the sport in general