• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Pollutigration...

thinking of 'ready meals' after a comment on Franktheform Franktheform' 's thread,reminded me of times gone by.
On one side of the family,my Grandad was a docker,didn't drink,smoke or gamble and I found out fairly recently that purely for the extra money,he was a streetfighter,and,thinking back I well believe it,I guess every penny was important as,apart from himself and my Nan,there were 10 kids to support.
Looking after the kids,shopping,cleaning,washing/ironing,cooking,sewing,was obviously > a full time occupation,and a 'ready meal' would probably mean you ate it,when it was fucking ready :dance2:
'Convenience foods' would have been tins of baked beans,spam,custard powder,gravy browning,'Force' wheatflakes, etc,my Nan made a very wicked apple pie and did that trick where you butter the bread and then cut the slice off the loaf afterwards,this was done holding the loaf and cutting towards you,how did they do that :)
I wasn't from a big family,and both my parents worked,although there was never any money about as my Dad bet lots,and lost most of it.
Cheap cuts are great and tasty,but take longer to cook,that's why most of the stews were prepared and cooked the night before,potatoes/greens were cooked out while the stew was heated and dumplings added,it was either this or quick cooking liver/bacon,bubble and squeak,sausage and mash etc;normally we sat down to eat at around 6.45,(no prob for me as I had school dinners until the age of 10,luvvly jubbly,)just in time for the Archers...great days

Last edited:
Reading this i should mention that i remain in touch with The Haze ,and i keep trying to get him to return here but currently he has given up Re racing forums which imo is a great shame. The eyes are failing but the mind which produces the sharp wit remains sound. I have many good memories Re winding him up on this and another forum. A very dangerous game to play but worth the risk. :)

Reading this i should mention that i remain in touch with The Haze ,and i keep trying to get him to return here but currently he has given up Re racing forums which imo is a great shame. The eyes are failing but the mind which produces the sharp wit remains sound. I have many good memories Re winding him up on this and another forum. A very dangerous game to play but worth the risk. :)
Send him my regards, long time since I have heard of him.

Send my regards as well, i use to enjoy his wit also.

Back