• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

PMU Pari-Professional (i.e computer punters) Wagering Handle

USFIGS

Yearling
Does anyone on the board have any idea what percentage of PMU handle comes from pari-professionals these days? For those unfamiliar with the term, the PMU charges a special (higher rate) to betting shops taking large, computer assisted wagering players. They call them pari-professional punters. Typcially that rate is 2-3% higher than rate the betting shop pays on retail (i.e. smaller) punters. When you think of pari-professionals think of Zeljko Ranogajec who started in Australia and now lives in Isle of Man and wagers through multiple international betting shops. David Bernsen is another pari-professional punter. Lives in California and has an Australian wagering partner. I know a few years back pari handle was more than 6% of PMU total. I've heard it's close to 10% but was looking to confirm with anyone that might know.

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers.
Ian

Back