• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

PMU Betting Shops

USFIGS

Yearling
Are they closing the Paris betting shops? I have been told that with the Paris closures the PMU betting shops would close. I thought the closures referred to bars; I didn't know how many PMU sites were located in bars.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian

USFIGS USFIGS ,

A lot of PMU outlets are co-located with bars and cafes, but a lot of these also sell tobacco products and the sale of these can continue. I can find no reference on the PMU site to betting terminals being closed, so I'm assuming that they can remain functional. The bar/cafe closures affect Paris and three surrounding departments and Marseille is the only other city affected, so the PMU outlets are fully functional elsewhere. How this will affect the size of the pools is anyone's guess.

Ray

Greetings from very wet Florida. Question again about the PMU betting shops. My clients have had very bad results on French wagering for the dates Oct 24, 25, 26 and said in comparing wagering volume to other dates betting handle looks to be down in some cases as much as 50%.

I know things are getting bad in all of Europe and I wondered if anyone knew if the betting shops were beginning to close. I'm thinking if the bars and cafes are closed that would greatly impact handle. Thanks to all in advance especially rpjd99 rpjd99 who always seems to be in the know. :)

USFIGS USFIGS

I don't have a definitive answer for you, Ian, but my guess would be that with bars and cafes closed, a 2100-0600 curfew imposed and a rapid increase in the number of new virus cases, people are just staying at home at the weekends. Getting a bet on is possibly not at the top of the list of things to do for most people in the current situation.

Ray

USFIGS USFIGS ,

The latest from France. No mention yet of what's happening with racing from the France-Galop site. I expect an update tomorrow. A statement from the DG of F-G, Olivier Delloye, made to Paris-Turf said, "Based on my understanding, we don't know if racing will be able to continue. We'll have to wait for the sector-by-sector details."

Ray

Thanks Ray. I saw Macon's lock down announcement today and figured racing may be paused. This is awful, not the racing part but that 8 months later it's even worse than it was previously. Cases are skyrocketing in the U.S. too.

Stay Safe!

Ian

Back