• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Picks vs Information

akkatips

Does it make sense for someone to offer information as a service over picks?

For example if an AI has been created for football that accounts for variables ranging from the passing accuracy of each player to the team's current form inthe season, and the AI outputs a probability per match. Could this be more useful to bettors as they can use this information along with their own knowledge to decide on picks? As the AI predicts every football game in a specific league a bettor can then pick and choose alongside the AI? You can obviously back test this method as well to determine how accurate and profitable it has been in past seasons.

This is unlike a traditional tipster whom you are trusting their claimed record ('expertise') and you have no way of identifiying if they're on a lucky streak or actually have a long-term edge on the market.

This is a notion I've been toying with for a while but still unsure on what the consensus is.

Hi akkatips akkatips, welcome to the forum. If you have a look around here I think you will find nobody here pays for football tips (or tips in general actually, it's not the way the forum works) and a good few use different methods of using the mounds of information and statistics that are out there.
There are plenty of threads discussing different selection methods if you want to join in, alternatively feel free to start your own, but please be aware that we don't allow anyone to advertise paid services on here - the ethos is that everyone shares their knowledge and experiences for the general good of the forum.

All the best, Dave

Welcome to the forum.

Well, artificial intelligence certainly works, you only have to see what has been achieved in the world of chess.
The top chess players in the world have FIDE rankings around 2700/2800, I wanted to know what would it be like to play at +3000 level.
I set up two chess programs to run side by side, Fritz 16 set at grandmaster level and Arena 3.5.1 which I loaded with a chess bin opening book goi5.1 compiled by Italian contact of mine taken from a database of chess games in the millions.
Whether or not anybody else has done this before I am not sure, I produced 100 games in pdf format that Fritz 16 rated up to 3300, 500 points above the top players.

One of my games, I'm playing white (Queens Gambit Accepted).

Mike.

Last edited:
Back