• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ones To Watch

If i can mention a 2yr old here that impressed me on debut , ALBASHEER donc 25th june trained by Owen Burrows he was held up early , made smooth headway and won going away by 6L. Out of SHAMARDAL so might be best on quick ground going forward i would say definitely one to watch.

Hello Tacker
I struggled to find the Race ALBASHEER won because it was 25th JULY not JUNE !! lol

It was very impressive but the time was nothing special. My time and ability ratings have his run at (75) but obviously when he starts to go up in class he will surely be 100+ soon if the visual impression is anything to go by. Lost In Space who was the favourite and beaten 8.75 lengths in the Haydock race won next time out and is OR 81. The others that have run have done nothing but that kind of form reading is fraught with dangers and false positives. ALBASHEER was mighty impressive and is entered in the Derby next year. I agree completely with you.

ETONIAN (One To Watch) that won on Saturday is also one of those visually impressive horses FTO but ran no great figure (67) although it won the Solario Stakes quite easy I thought. (91). It travelled beautifully and quickened up well although the time wasn't great the performance was!

It will be interesting to see what figure he eventually reaches, but definitely a Group one in the making and certainly a Guineas horse.

B Bertie123 Sorry about the date.
Yeah the time was poor, they went no pace but Albasheer ran the last 3f = 11.07 / 11.05 / 11.71 if that helps his cause at all.

SOLARIO stakes has been a good guide over the years and ETONIAN looked a nice horse, now 2 from 2, did i hear someone say he cost just 10,000 ?

Have we seen next year’s Guineas winner in THUNDER MOON ?Joseph O Brien’s 2 yrold who won the National Stakes on Sunday. What a blistering turn of foot.
I have him rated 101 for that on Time and Ability but you can bet your life he will be rated around 110+ and improving, at the end of the season. For a maiden winner to win a Grp 1 on its second run in the style he did shows some class. The way he won is even more incredible given he was blocked in for much of the final furlong and only had about 70 odd yards to quicken, but quicken he did.
Anyway I am excited to see where this horse goes next but wherever that will be I will be betting seriously!!

Last edited:
The Mill Reef 3:25 Newbury is of course a very competitive race but I have gone for
BAHRAIN PRIDE top rated on my time and ability ratings (111). I know the favourite RHYTHM MASTER (102) ran second in a Grp 2 at Deauville but the ground was heavy and to me half the field couldn’t act on it. It will be a different test today. I always fear Richard Fahey but he is not in great form at the moment 7% overall and only 7% with his 2 yr olds at Newbury Whereas Simon Chrisford the trainer of BAHRAIN PRIDE is currently 43% overall. He has only had one 2 year old runner at the track that didn’t win but 67% for his 3 yr olds and 33% for his 4 year olds.
FIVETHOUSANDTOONE (98) was beaten FTO by my selection and the so called experts say there looks to be more improvement coming from FIVETHOUSANDTOONE. Well BAHRAIN PRIDE won a Listed race next time out in a good time figure and FIVETHOUSANDTOONE won an egg and spoon race at Newcastle. I would be more concerned by DEVILWARA (108) trained by Archie Watson who is brilliant with 2 yr olds.
Anyway there it is and I took 11/2 on BAHRAIN PRIDE yesterday and it’s now 7/2. I will be disappointed if it doesnt run well but unfortunately horses tend to make fools of us all the time! 🤪

Have we seen next year’s Guineas winner in THUNDER MOON ?Joseph O Brien’s 2 yrold who won the National Stakes on Sunday. What a blistering turn of foot.
I have him rated 101 for that on Time and Ability but you can bet your life he will be rated around 110+ and improving, at the end of the season. For a maiden winner to win a Grp 1 on its second run in the style he did shows some class. The way he won is even more incredible given he was blocked in for much of the final furlong and only had about 70 odd yards to quicken, but quicken he did.
Anyway I am excited to see where this horse goes next but wherever that will be I will be betting seriously!!
2,000- gns tomorrow and this post by B Bertie123 has stuck in my mind, if you watch the national stakes again you will see what he means with "blistering turn of foot" obviously went on to only finish 3rd at newmarket but a good chance the soft ground blunted that speed.

ps.....Where is bertie ?

2,000- gns tomorrow and this post by B Bertie123 has stuck in my mind, if you watch the national stakes again you will see what he means with "blistering turn of foot" obviously went on to only finish 3rd at newmarket but a good chance the soft ground blunted that speed.

ps.....Where is bertie ?
Thunder Moon is my idea of the winner, no horse in this field as shown anything like the class of Thunder Moon in the Curragh , agree with everything you and Bertie are saying. If there is a good horse in this years field then it is Thunder Moon.

I like 3 in the race MUTASAABEQ he has the course form, speed & going conditions but has only raced in small fields
THUNDER MOON has beaten & been behind Wembley & has that aforementioned turn of speed also has course experience
BATTLEGROUND Chesham Stakes winner by a decent distance followed that up with a smooth victory & not Ryan Moores finest ride in the Breeders Cup Juvenile.
I would have liked the 2 Irish ones to have had a prep race but both Guineas are the easiest 2 classics to win 1st time up

I take it that you are not betting in this race.

Interesting one to watch. Both Al Aasy and cigoli have Urban Sea the dam of both sires

Going soft today and Cigoli looks on Breeding to have more stamina.

Jim Cowley (Jock of Al Aasy for his two runs, is riding for the Owner at Ascot)

Pedigree Cigoli
View attachment 85049

Good race to watch for future clues but not back in.
Has been gelded and runs in the Newbury2.50

Back