• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ones To Watch

Bertie123

Yearling
On the 14th March MOSS GILL won a 3 runner conditions event at Wolverhampton and surprisingly it was quite a fast run affair. It ran either first or second last year on turf and the AW in good class handicaps. The horse was rated 98 going into this race and for that win I gave it 105 on my speed/form ratings. I note that the Official Handicapper has put him up to 105. I will be surprised if this horse doesn't improve further as the season progresses.

Bertie123

Yearling
There was a very interesting 3yo maiden at Naas on Monday 23rd. RUSSIAN EMPEROR just beat LOBO ROJO. Although the time wasn't fantastic the turn of foot shown by Russian Emperor and the determination showed by Lobo Rojo make them both ones to watch. I have RUSSIAN EMPEROR's speed figure as (65) WFA free. The WFA scale at this time of year for 3 year olds running over 8f is 17lbs so I guess around 80's will be its official mark or near enough at the moment but will surely be a 100 horse soon.. This is a beautifully bred horse, is from Aiden O Brian yard and I will be expecting it to win at least Listed races as it is already entered for the 2000 Guineas and both English and Irish Derby's although O'Brien does traditionally have multiple entries for these races. LOBO ROJO. is from Jessica Harrington's stable and she knows the time of day so it will be interesting to see where this one is entered but it should win some better class races. Although it was beaten a short head I have given LOBO ROJO (65) too .
During this lull I am going back to September and October and checking out the 2 year old races for horses to track this coming flat. I will keep you posted on findings over the next week or two. I have PINATUBO at (129) the Official Rating is 128. This is some machine. I hope he trains on because if he does it could be another Frankel job!

The WFA scale at this time of year for 3 year olds running over 8f is 17lbs so I guess around 80's will be its official mark or near enough at the moment but will surely be a 100 horse soon.

The WFA scale is a contentious subject to say the least, if I have to mention WFA I always quote the Racing Post WFA scale as it more accurate than the BHA scale in IMHO.

WFA 8f 3yo March 16-31.
RP - 12lbs
BHA - 17lbs

RPWFA.PNG

BHA New WFA Scale.png

Mike.

Bertie123

Yearling
Thanks Mike. This is why I don’t use the WFA in my ratings but wanted to illustrate that although I rated RUSSIAN EMPEROR (65+) The official rating may be in the 80’s which would tie in if WFA was added.

Bertie123

Yearling
13th March. Lingfield AW 8f maiden.
LUNCIES. Won first time out in good fashion and showed nice acceleration. I have it at (67) on my speed /form ratings but this looks a fairly high class colt to me and has a Derby entry. Good trainer in Simon Crisford and I will be very surprised if this is not 100+ by the end of the season. One for the tracker.

Bertie123

Yearling
Browsing through last October and KING OF CHANGE should be noted. Now a 4 yold and trained by Richard Hannon. Ran 2nd in the 2000gns off OR of 92. I rated him (107) for that performance and it was no fluke as his next run was to win a Listed race at Sandown from an OR of 115. I rated him (105) on my speed/form rating for that race and he followed up by winning the Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot October 19th Off 115 OR. I rated him (117+) for that performance his OR now is 120. If we ever get to race this year he is one to put in your tracker as I feel sure he will win another Group race or two.

Bertie123

Yearling
MAORI KNIGHT has been given an official rating of (83 ) so I think Chesham and myself were about right in our opinions.

Bertie123

Yearling
Hello all.
I expect like all of you I can’t wait for Racing to start on Monday. I have taken a quick look at the 2:00 novice race and although the final decs have not been published , two horses stand out and they are both jocked up. I have only a turf speed and ability rating for them but they seem way above the average although obviously there are going to be unraced entries too. Anyway it may be worth looking at ART POWER (89 my rating) and MAGICAL JOURNEY (88). Magical Journey was second in a big field listed race probably on ground a little soft and showed a good turn of foot and Art Power hacked up in a maiden at York on softish ground. No doubt they will be first and second Fav unless there is a hot pot newcomer.
catch up soon.

Chesham

Sire
Hello all.
I expect like all of you I can’t wait for Racing to start on Monday. I have taken a quick look at the 2:00 novice race and although the final decs have not been published , two horses stand out and they are both jocked up. I have only a turf speed and ability rating for them but they seem way above the average although obviously there are going to be unraced entries too. Anyway it may be worth looking at ART POWER (89 my rating) and MAGICAL JOURNEY (88). Magical Journey was second in a big field listed race probably on ground a little soft and showed a good turn of foot and Art Power hacked up in a maiden at York on softish ground. No doubt they will be first and second Fav unless there is a hot pot newcomer.
catch up soon.
Art Power Winners From the LTO race are 2/2 if starting off Favourite on their next race and ok with a lay off too. Dam won a few nice prizes .
B94FC66D-4437-4B20-9D54-73439E45AF8F.jpeg

Bertie123

Yearling
Art Power Winners From the LTO race are 2/2 if starting off Favourite on their next race and ok with a lay off too. Dam won a few nice prizes .
View attachment 84363
Your feature is excellent and very informative and can give a confidence boost to ratings. It is certainly worth watching the replay of Art Power as he did indeed power away in the final furlong. I have a liking for “greys” after spotting Petong early on in its career. What a sprinter he was.

tacker

Stallion
Hello all.
catch up soon.
Hi B Bertie123
Good to see somebody else taking an interest in this race, it might be that both horses are a bit too high in the ratings so handicap marks could ruined but early days. I felt ART POWER form better than M.A but the 5lb will always be a worry still if we're correct and it's a 2 horse race the 2.86 betfair is surely value, best of luck.

Chesham

Sire
Hello all.
catch up soon.
View attachment 84363
Hi B Bertie123
Good to see somebody else taking an interest in this race, it might be that both horses are a bit too high in the ratings so handicap marks could ruined but early days. I felt ART POWER form better than M.A but the 5lb will always be a worry still if we're correct and it's a 2 horse race the 2.86 betfair is surely value, best of luck.
Nice performance

Chesham

Sire
I have had a word for LOCKDOWN Newcastle Tuesday. It

Yes it did exactly the same thing at York last year on soft ground so it looks to be way on the upgrade, Certainly listed class on that evidence. I will have my figures for that in the next few days.
The Dam has had 3 live foals including Lockdown who will be the only one to have made it to the Track so far. The dam won a Listed event.

Bertie123

Yearling
Good start to the season and thanks to Chesham and Tracker for follow ups and all the likes. It’s good to know posts are being looked at.
Well I have another interesting one for tomorrow 3:20 Kempton COLD FRONT. Rated by me on turf as (79) last year. I have it about 6lbs clear but it’s a turf rating from last year so it’s a bit of a guess really. It ran a very good race to be pipped at Newbury and I am sure it will be up there tomorrow. There are of course a couple of other good types in the race but I watched the re-run of the Newbury race and it was up there for a fair way and quickened again. The downside is as it’s trained by W Haggas it will be around 10/11 or less although that may prove a good price . My favourite jockey is riding (James Doyle) and although I make my selections on my time ratings and form readings it is important to have a top man on board and he reminds me a lot of R Hughes. I am not a short price player but sometimes when a good one comes along overall They show a profit

There are some great races coming soon so will be posting quite a lot.
have fun.

Bertie123

Yearling
KING LEONIDAS has gone in my tracker after a very good performance at Newmarket on June 7th. I have him as (92) and he looks at least listed class to me. He won his only start last year also at Newmarket. He only cost 750,000 gns.!
It will be interesting to see where he goes next.

Chesham

Sire
KING LEONIDAS has gone in my tracker after a very good performance at Newmarket on June 7th. I have him as (92) and he looks at least listed class to me. He won his only start last year also at Newmarket. He only cost 750,000 gns.!
It will be interesting to see where he goes next.
Should be earning Black Type soon. Nice Nicks with Two Black Type Wins from the Nick. Also some nice horses showing up along the Female Line

Blast from the past with Rodrigo De Triano showing up in the 3rd Dams Progeny and the Breeder has used the same Sire Line with the same Female line

198459E7-7D9E-4B29-9D9F-D2F655034FB6.jpegBD9AF22A-2E36-4FC3-AC22-CEE3A2F04100.jpeg

Outlander

Gelding
Hi B Bertie123
Art Power has been left on 97 by the BHA, a little surprised by that.