• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

One (ish) a day.

Just out of curiosity what time is it where you are?
5 hours behind the uk NigelRG NigelRG , so 5.10am right now. Fur babies have just woken the wife for breakfast,

I normally sleep in much later, but I want to get to the store early to avoid the crowds so that I can stock up the freezer with a bunch of meat while it is on sale for Christmas.

Prime rib roasts, hams, turkeys, crab legs, lamb, it's like a fire sale on meat's over the holidays. I tend to do the online shop nowadays, but Im not nearly as willing as I used to be at letting strangers handle my meat. ;)

I speak in jests really, and there are way more positives than the negatives for being here. Would have preferred Roundabout Magic to have got there for your sake, but I know, long term, you take these things on the chin and that's one of the lessons you teach the likes of me.

Have you stopped doing these @
pete
pete ?

I did have a look last night, nothing for today.

I'm trying hard to find a spark of some kind to trigger my interest, but I have honestly felt no urge to push myself back into racing since I took a break. I think covid and lockdowns have got me in some kind of funk.

My sleep pattern has been thrown off and the wife is a little more vocal about me locking myself in my office for several hours a day.

I'm sure something will spark a revival soon enough, I fired up horseracebase for the first time in a long time last night. I honestly feel like something will trigger me sooner rather than later. I'm just waiting for something to grab my interest and snap me out of whatever the heck this mood is that I find myself in.

I did have a look last night, nothing for today.

I'm trying hard to find a spark of some kind to trigger my interest, but I have honestly felt no urge to push myself back into racing since I took a break. I think covid and lockdowns have got me in some kind of funk.

My sleep pattern has been thrown off and the wife is a little more vocal about me locking myself in my office for several hours a day.

I'm sure something will spark a revival soon enough, I fired up horseracebase for the first time in a long time last night. I honestly feel like something will trigger me sooner rather than later. I'm just waiting for something to grab my interest and snap me out of whatever the heck this mood is that I find myself in.
Pete, you know your being missed on here...

The fact that you fired up horseracebase for the first time is a positive step in the right direction. I'm sure that the spark will ignite again at some point. I often question the amount of time that I spend researching and writing my blog, I feel that I'm spending far too much time going through race cards, watching replays, looking at form, speed ratings, sectionals etc etc... and it's hard to justify that time especially when you are getting your ear bent... However, when you have a day like I had yesterday then it all feels like it was worth it.

Take your time and come back when you are ready....

Hopefully see you posting again soon..

I often question the amount of time that I spend researching and writing my blog, I feel that I'm spending far too much time going through race cards, watching replays, looking at form, speed ratings, sectionals etc etc... and it's hard to justify that time especially when you are getting your ear bent... However, when you have a day like I had yesterday then it all feels like it was worth it.

Thanks Dave Dave , I do love the game, I enjoy watching the races, so I know it will come back. This thread is probably going to be the easiest to start back up as it only takes a few mins each day. I suspect as soon as some slightly warmer weather returns and my sleep pattern gets somewhat back to "normal" I'll be ready to rock and roll.

As you say, a full "race watch, take notes, filter form, cross check etc" takes plenty of time out of a day, and the thought of putting to one side several hours each day right now just does nothing for me.

I think I used to use the horse racing as an excuse to not have to see people, I'm fairly unsociable at the best of times, but now we have Covid and lockdowns, I no longer need the horse racing as my excuse. Maybe I only back horses to avoid people. Hmnn.

"SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON RACING"

Difficult thing to consider in that once you start to question the time spent you maybe invite yourself to also think about how much time you spend on forums. In recent weeks i have had contact from a couple of lads that posted regularly on a couple of other forums but both now don't bother, when i asked why ? one said he simply got fed up with racing so staying away from the forum was a no brainer, the other lad wasn't too sure but that his only interest in racing is betting, so maybe that's the amswer.
I enjoy everything about horse racing but there are times when studying gets on my nerves so i stop, similar thoghts about football etc...
We all know people who are obsessed with the sports they enjoy and of the lads i drink with are either golf mad or fishing mad, both sports seem to consume them in that it's hard to get them off the topic to the point of being boring, so i wonder if the difference with horse racing is that it is just a spectator sport with gambling attached ?

"SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON RACING"

Difficult thing to consider in that once you start to question the time spent you maybe invite yourself to also think about how much time you spend on forums. In recent weeks i have had contact from a couple of lads that posted regularly on a couple of other forums but both now don't bother, when i asked why ? one said he simply got fed up with racing so staying away from the forum was a no brainer, the other lad wasn't too sure but that his only interest in racing is betting, so maybe that's the amswer.
I enjoy everything about horse racing but there are times when studying gets on my nerves so i stop, similar thoghts about football etc...
We all know people who are obsessed with the sports they enjoy and of the lads i drink with are either golf mad or fishing mad, both sports seem to consume them in that it's hard to get them off the topic to the point of being boring, so i wonder if the difference with horse racing is that it is just a spectator sport with gambling attached ?
That's me screwed then. My three main time consumers other than working are Horse Racing, Golf and Fishing.

T tacker

I know what your saying, there's people that love racing, know every bit of history about past races, talk constantly about horses etc...

Unless I'm working a race for a bet, I'm not bothered. Could go weeks without watching it if I wanted, but at the same time don't need to bet either.

I wish I was passionate about the full sport but in all honesty I'm not.

Back