• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Trying to get lucky - Part 2

Hi Hedgie,

That 7.45 race yesterday I was really tempted to have a go in it, but decided it was too difficult for me.
Amateur races and jockey Danny Mullins not the best for my bank balance.

I like some of today's cards.

Very best of luck if you play today Hedgie 🐎

Haven't been on for a while. Tablet problems

Kelso 3.00
Ami desbois

At the odds this is the only one value. Has won a c3 nv Ch off 141 won C4 nv hdl off 143, struggling of similar marks this season but last race before break was close 2nd off current mark, cracking class drop and the distance is right. May struggle on going as 0/1/4 but not impossible.

The Uncouth The Uncouth , I'm still not doing well buy am not betting and will not until I turn my form around. Thank you for your post

Good luck today

Well done Ferdy, hope it continues.

hedgehog hedgehog these terrible runs are par for the course unfortunately.
At the start of last year I had a terrible time of it, but I stuck to how I bet knowing the tide would turn in my favour.
Good luck for when you try again.

Keep the faith Hedgie 🐎

Well done Ferdy Ferdy I'm glad the tide is turning

The Uncouth The Uncouth , thanks for the boost, it's much needed. Thanks again

Southwell 4.50 C5 1m std

All my 4 off subset are value which is weird but I'm missing out the favourite so maybe not weird

Tagur
Elixsoft
Bond angel
Fieldsman

Good luck today

Yesterday bond angel won 13/2 2nd elixsoft 6/1 3rd fieldsman 8/1

Today Newcastle 5.30 C4 5f std
Canford bay
Foxy forever
Primos comet

Good luck today

Today jonboy won 11/2 2nd buniann 11/2 nse 3rd canford bay 9/2 hd just held close but no brass ring

Thanks The Uncouth The Uncouth , Very much appreciated. Good luck tomorrow, you'll romp home with a profit

Good luck tomorrow

it would be interesting to know what Bookmakers actually think about EW wagers

mick mick, i think it may depend on what monies they have taken. When a bookmaker was a bookmaker and lets say he's book was unbalanced before the e.w. was struck and then in turn it helped towards balancing the book then it has to be a good thing for the bookmaker. If achieving the opposite then out of decency take the bet or bets and lay it of.

Arkle

When a bookmaker was a bookmaker

This. Used to be that the over round was the profit a bookie took on the race. If they had too much liability on one, it would be laid off with other bookies to balance the profits. Winners were paid from losers and the 10-20% stayed in the satchel. You used to hear Mccririck screaming that ladbrokes were backing one on course to shorten the SP and reduce overall liability. Nowadays, they expect nobody to win, so while e/w betting second fave in 8 runner non-handicaps against odds on shots was already frowned upon but tolerated, i'm sure nowadays it'd lead to a closed account pretty quickly.

Hello Ferdy Ferdy. I'm finding racing difficult at the moment as well, I just don't seem to be looking at the right things and I'm far to easily swayed by the most recent results. We should both keep plugging on and we'll probably find the solution

Today Ascot 3.00, c2, 2m5f, heavy

Initially all my 4 off were value but can factoring the extreme of going I'm left with 2

Happy diva
Benny's king

Good luck today

Yesterday domaine de lisle won 5/1 2nd Benny's king 14/1 nk 3rd kayf adventure 8/1

Not displeased by that result as the winner was borderline value when I looked but became value due to a drift

Today Wolverhampton 3.10 C4, 5f std

Trying the same thing again paying attention to OR and going I have

Zapper Cass
Canford bay
Pink flamingo

I'm hoping for a decent result but not betting

Good luck today

Back