• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Novice Hurdlers

1.5 ayr DO YOUR JOB
This horse has run a few times over hurdles now and performed to a decent enough level imo, well beaten 2nd at newb ( might not have stayed 20f that day) and more recently won at Ffos las from another horse with reasonable form TRUCKERS PAS ( hung left) . Overall I would say the form is at least 130 even though OR is 125, there are some big stable runners against him here but for me he should have a favourites chance so will watch with interest.

Hi T tacker I was reading about this horse and his owner in today's Racing Post. About the horse he says " I made an expensive purchase last year when buying Do Your Job for £150,000 at Goffs. He won a novice hurdle at Ffos Las this month and I'm surprised no-one rang up to see if he's for sale, but I'd never sell him. We've declared him for Ayr on Monday. He's a nice horse with a long stride and we've never had a horse with his potential- hopefully he could be one to aim towards the likes of Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown. "

Hi T tacker I was reading about this horse and his owner in today's Racing Post. About the horse he says " I made an expensive purchase last year when buying Do Your Job for £150,000 at Goffs. He won a novice hurdle at Ffos Las this month and I'm surprised no-one rang up to see if he's for sale, but I'd never sell him. We've declared him for Ayr on Monday. He's a nice horse with a long stride and we've never had a horse with his potential- hopefully he could be one to aim towards the likes of Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown. "
Thanks for that J Jimbo, thought i was being clever but the horse is fav anyway, never heard of the owner ( Mark Dunphy ) but that strkes me as being a lot of money when you think they're racing for less than 4 grand tomorrow.
Why was the owner in the racing post btw ?

The column is called How I Became An Owner with the headline- I lost everything and was sleeping rough- now I'm buying top lots. Apparently he lost his job and put his last few quid on a football acca that came up and got him back on his feet !

I know novice hurdlers aren't everybody's cup of tea but a winner is a winner as they say, tomorrow at stratford i will be looking at two races...

2.36 ABOVE SUSPTCION & 3.06 CHAMPAGNESUPEROVER

Early days yet, no betting and both might not even run but if anyone is interested in offering an opinion there is plenty of time to do so.

The 1.05 carl looks to be 3 horses where the fav TUPELO MISSISSIPPI has yet to jump hurdles in public and to my mind his nhf form isn't that great so i will overlook him.

WAGNER is rated 125 having run twice over hurdles, his second run brought about a comfortable win over HIT THE ROCKS by 18L though the 2nd was eased when beaten, there is a tenuous link with GLOBAL FAME and HIT THE ROCKS but hardly worth pursuing GF has gone on to win his maiden since but it was his chepstow 2nd behind HARRY SENIOR who is rated 140+ that makes me think GF is a 135 horse on that run.
Carries a 6lb penalty and hasn't run for 229 days , not too sure about stable form but if fit enough tomorrow i feel he should be clear fav.

Could be a interesting race to follow.

Brian Elison, is currently 0/15 in Carlisle Novice Hurdles. 10/15 have been placed.

Arkle

The PTP win is worth watching for Wagner

Pedigree https://www.tattersalls.com/cat/CMY/2019/49.pdf

Global Fame Pedigreehttps://www.goffs.com/GoffsCMS/_Sales/288/275.pdf?a=2020103147

TUPELO MISSISSIPPI. Pedigree https://www.tattersalls.com/cat/CMY/2019/28.pdf

Close 2nd in a PTP which was won by Baptism Of Fire who won a 10K Hurdle race for Gordon Elliot (Bought for 100,000 ) a couple of weeks ago

All roads lead back to Northern Dancer and Aiden O'brien, looking at the PTP form on ATR is confusing but the point about BAPTISM OF FIRE does have a positive look to it but i think you can also find little negatives.
I suppose when we see young horses starting out on their national hunt careers their pedigree carries far more weight than when we know more about them from previous runs, when reading such limited form i think forces you to dig a little deeper on the snippets of form we can see.
Again i will point to the chepstow race as being deeper than might seem obvious, however i also recognise that like most times there are positives but also one or two slight negatives,. I think it's enough to say have a look at that and see what you think to others without trying to highlight every last little bit of form, pete pete said something similar recently regarding his " daily racing review", by definition novice hurdlers have limited form to research but maybe there's an edge in there if you can see it.
TUPELO MISSISSIPPI might be a grade 1 hurdler in time but i couldn't back it until seeing it jump an hurdle.
WAGNER I certainly don't underestimate him but simply feel GLOBAL FAME has already achieved more and anything over 2/1 might be value when the market settles down but that is just my opinion.

19 PTP graduates at one little meeting does surprise me, i would guessed 2 or 3, another thing that strikes me as being different from years ago is how many flat bred horses are part and parcel of nh racing now as opposed to say 40 years ago, (this might be wrong).

19 PTP graduates at one little meeting does surprise me, i would guessed 2 or 3, another thing that strikes me as being different from years ago is how many flat bred horses are part and parcel of nh racing now as opposed to say 40 years ago, (this might be wrong).
There are very much less “Store Horses “ these days. At one time there was an influx of New Zealand Bred and of course French Gorses seemed to come on earlier than the GB and Irish.

It’s worth looking at what these horses who started off in PTP have sold for, as at least they have raced before being sold. Quite a few of the Sales have a video of their PTP Performance or Performances. If I was buying a horse for NH racing I certainly go for one that has had one or two PTP Races and check out the pedigree to see how long a career the three or four generation Progeny have had. You will get a horse who will win over Hurdles and later make into a chaser .

Back