• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Niges Trend Bets

Update for 31/12:-

1609424901436.png
Nice to end the year with a winning trend (especially A/W) but a small loss is what I get.

Winner @ 8/13 (bf 1.82) .. 0.82 x .98 = +0.81x1.5= +1.22 - 1.5 = -0.28

Trends total = + 33.56 -0.28 = + 33.28

Nige

Update for 1/1/21:-

12:45 Muss a NR and a 3rd @ 40/1 (bf 83.64), it was a bad trend but message recieved and understood.
2.37 tranmore a Faller and winner @ 2/9. again message recieved and understood.

Thats why they were TEST bets, no damage done.

Trends total = + 33.56 -0.28 = + 33.28

Nige

Update for 2/1/21:-

1609603437127.png
Again I've deleted the first race 12.40 S (it shouldn't have been a bet) but it still counts ......... -1.5
The 1.50 provided a winner @ 13/8 (bf 2.77) ..... (1.77 x 1.5) x .98 = + 2.6
The 3.35 ..... 2 losers ...... -3
Balance -(3+1.5) = -4.5 + 2.6 = -1.9, I must confess not a good day but I feel the upside is way above the downside.

Trends total = + 33.28 - 1.9 = + 31.38

Nige

smitch

Yearling
Nige, I am fascinated by what you are doing but I'd like to know how you make your selections - and why some bets are test bets and others not. I use HRB all the time for systems but haven't tried automating trends (I don't have a clue how to do it actually). Could you give an explanation please?

Sue

smitch smitch I'm still feeling my way, TEST is what I use when I'm not sure it's going to be a good one (self doubt).

As a starting point:-

Select Daily tools and then shortcuts.
Go to the bottom of the lefthand side, you will find 'Current Trend Races'
Select V4, if asked
You will then see the races to trend
Then use the Breakdown button (look at the beginning of this thread and there are pictures of what I started with).

Good luck

Nige

smitch

Yearling
Thank you Nige. With your help my first attempt found the first and second in the 13:53 at Plumpton (after the event of course). Rubbish odds though. Really promising!

smitch

Yearling
Hi Nige,
Did you manage to figure out the 1:25 at Fakenham today? It is a bit of a curate's egg of a race..I couldn't really figure it out using the 'trends' feature although Group Stage seemed to float to the top...

smitch smitch ,if it doesn't fit easily, give up it's probably going to be a loser.
Don't use too many filters and check the 'NOW' button after each one.

Nige

smitch

Yearling
Thank you. It certainly didn’t fall into place easily. Not like the one I tried yesterday. But I am encouraged! It is a great way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

smitch

Yearling
I don't want to hijack your thread NigelRG NigelRG but for me this is a really interesting race. I didn't really make sense of it using the trend feature so on further analysis and combining that with the trend feature, I felt that Gulliver is the value bet. It could be the first time that a 4yo wins this though because Aberama Gold does seem to be having a lot of success. Not sure about the course or direction though. I don't really understand why Tranchee is favourite. I will be on Gulliver to win.