• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

New (old) acquisition :)

MrDamon

Colt
@ taffman taffman and @ Serpentine Serpentine

Just picked up a Nikon D70 with only 473 actuations for the low-low price of 49 GBP from MPBphotographic with another 5-er on top to post it to Ireland.. Came with a bunch of accessories as well including all ze cables, nikon neck strap, shutter remote (already had one though) and a couple of batteries and a battery charger.. It needs a good external clean is all.. Looks fine internally and test shots seem ok.

I'm wondering what the odds are of the shutter count being genuine? I've heard that things like firmware upgrades can flash the memory that stores things like the shutter count making any figure displayed in the Exif data invalid.. Do either of you guys have any insight on this? The current firmware version for A/B on the camera is 1.01/1.03... Might I be right in assuming that only a major upgrade would cause a reset in the shutter count? i.e one of the 2.0 firmware versions that are currently available..

Either way, I really prefer how the slightly larger D70 feels in my hand compared to the D5000 and for that price, I wouldn't be too bothered if I only got 20 or 30k more clicks from it.. I'm waiting on a 50mm f1.8 prime lens to arrive in the post as well so hopefully i'll get to have some fun with those 2 soon..

Serpentine

Yearling
The shutter count does seem too good to be true, and I believe there are various means by which it can be reset. However, it does sound like you've got a bit of a bargain, and, like you say, I wouldn't be too worried :)

Nice one!