• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

MySql help

I have imported results in to MySql , but during my last update I forgot to put the word Class in front of the class number when changing the Irish results
to reflect the UK equivalent.

So in my column race_class it will say for example 4 instead of Class 4 , how do I change this in MySql.

Try this

You can update the values in the race_class column by using the UPDATE statement in MySQL along with the CONCAT() function to prepend the word "Class" to the existing values. Here's how you can do it:

sqlCopy code
UPDATE your_table_name
SET race_class = CONCAT('Class ', race_class)
WHERE race_class NOT LIKE 'Class %';

Replace your_table_name with the name of your table where the race_class column exists. This query will update all rows where the race_class does not already start with "Class ".

Make sure to take a backup of your data before running any update queries, especially if you're unsure about the impact it might have.

Back