• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My V.D.W betting Journey!

Hi T tacker I dont think formtheory formtheory is saying not to post on the thread but he is just posting less on here now i maybe wrong just my two penneth.
Hi OnTheNod OnTheNod, My first instinct is to tell you that formtheory formtheory is a devil and i have no sympathy with him but i notice he has "liked" both posts so maybe what strikes me as being obvious might not work for others. I invite you to go on youtube and type in THE ROLLING STONES and you will be able to hear some classic pop songs such as SATISFACTION, THE LAST TIME and SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL. I have been advised that i should put lol or something called an emoji with anything meant to be fun but wild horses could drag me down that road.

Lol, T tacker , you do not know me at all.

If you can call someone a devil for simply stating why they do not post on a betting forum says alot about you as a person I believe.

I wouldn't want to interact with a person like that in the real world so definately don't want to waste my time talking to people like you on here either.

If you read my post properly I thanked everyone for their contributions but also said why I didn't post much anymore.

T tacker i think some humor can be a positive providing the intention is clear. Its really no big deal but i must confess i did not get the intended fun part of your post #657 until you explained it. I can share an experience of my own , new to on line interactions i was posting on a racing forum and one member while making positive comments Re my contributions kept signing off with LOL.

Being ignorant Re on line abbreviations i thought it stood for Lots Of Love and until gleaning otherwise became concerned that i was being stalked by a gay bloke. :eek:

mick mick You might notice that formtheory formtheory did like the post 657 but given that others didn't notice the rolling stones songs i made the point of explaining which songs i was referring to ie SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL but he still thinks i'm calling him a devil, FFS.
ps ....I'm pleased to see you have put all that confusion with lol behind you.

Last edited:
dave58 dave58 Don't start me up again . LOL
At this point i do feel the need to absolve myself from any blame Re this current Mick - Stones business. It was Admin who lumbered me with the avatar and the fact that six years on i have not changed it is irrelevant. I do recall years ago reading an interview with Jerry Hall after she became Mrs Jagger and when asked how she managed to get Mick to put a ring on her finger replied " I give the best blow jobs ever"..........The Moon aside a giant step forward for mankind. :)

I will endeavor to return the thread to matters racing and can share this posted yesterday afternoon in the blog. I do not know what VDW would make of it but at least no after timing involved. :)

Fri 9th Chelm 8.05 : Desert Fox @ 10/1

A 6fur 0-70 10rn. I am writing this on Wen and feel reluctant to make it lengthy because dare i say this one looks fairly obvious and i fear this may be reflected in a poor value price. Having said this at time of writing the only Bfc (SL) quotes 8/1 so live in hope its what we do.? Over this CD when running in the OR sixties Desert is the perfect 3-3 and off OR 66 then in theory, i can see no reason why he should not make it 4-4 here. One of those wins came 3lto this May with his two poor runs since appearing strange placings with the 2lto over 7fur and the lto after a 59 day absence under 10.0 over a straight 6fur on turf. Imo both where Gaming outings designed to preserve the mark indeed they have bought a 1lb reduction bonus.

The same rider is engaged as per his most recent win over this CD, and his 8-10 draw actually appears a positive as the animal likes to come late down the outside. Last year he won one of these CD 0-70 and yet contests here off a 3lbs lower OR and a handy 9-3. He has also won at this 8pm time before. RI notes that he does have a habit of hanging left when under pressure but this has not prevented the previous wins, and in truth i can find no negatives to chance other than achieving the 4-4 is probably statistically a big ask but this is a rather perverted way of viewing a positive so if the price is there then it will be taken.

Perhaps i spoke too soon Re no negatives because so far this year the small stable are having a mare, but they have trained Desert for all of his previous wins and do work with limited ammunition and there five runners so far this month have produced a 2nd and a 3rd. Edit : I also spoke too soon Re my price predictions but in this instance i was well pleased to be proved wrong. :)

At this point i do feel the need to absolve myself from any blame Re this current Mick - Stones business. It was Admin who lumbered me with the avatar and the fact that six years on i have not changed it is irrelevant. I do recall years ago reading an interview with Jerry Hall after she became Mrs Jagger and when asked how she managed to get Mick to put a ring on her finger replied " I give the best blow jobs ever"..........The Moon aside a giant step forward for mankind. :)

I recall Angie Bowie complaining about coming home to find David in bed with Mick,
Only rock and roll I suppose.

I will endeavor to return the thread to matters racing and can share this posted yesterday afternoon in the blog. I do not know what VDW would make of it but at least no after timing involved. :)

Fri 9th Chelm 8.05 : Desert Fox @ 10/1

A 6fur 0-70 10rn. I am writing this on Wen and feel reluctant to make it lengthy because dare i say this one looks fairly obvious and i fear this may be reflected in a poor value price. Having said this at time of writing the only Bfc (SL) quotes 8/1 so live in hope its what we do.? Over this CD when running in the OR sixties Desert is the perfect 3-3 and off OR 66 then in theory, i can see no reason why he should not make it 4-4 here. One of those wins came 3lto this May with his two poor runs since appearing strange placings with the 2lto over 7fur and the lto after a 59 day absence under 10.0 over a straight 6fur on turf. Imo both where Gaming outings designed to preserve the mark indeed they have bought a 1lb reduction bonus.

The same rider is engaged as per his most recent win over this CD, and his 8-10 draw actually appears a positive as the animal likes to come late down the outside. Last year he won one of these CD 0-70 and yet contests here off a 3lbs lower OR and a handy 9-3. He has also won at this 8pm time before. RI notes that he does have a habit of hanging left when under pressure but this has not prevented the previous wins, and in truth i can find no negatives to chance other than achieving the 4-4 is probably statistically a big ask but this is a rather perverted way of viewing a positive so if the price is there then it will be taken.

Perhaps i spoke too soon Re no negatives because so far this year the small stable are having a mare, but they have trained Desert for all of his previous wins and do work with limited ammunition and there five runners so far this month have produced a 2nd and a 3rd. Edit : I also spoke too soon Re my price predictions but in this instance i was well pleased to be proved wrong. :)

HUGH TAYLOR gives this horse a shout.

Hi mick mick

Nice write up on the 8:05!

The one that catches my eye from a VDW perspective is OUR OYSTER CATCHER.

From a quick look I noticed he was made Fav LTO in a class 70 at Windsor with the highest O.R in the race 88.

He managed to lead at a fast pace and faded in the final furlong.

The race suit those that were off the pace.

Now drops to a class 50, 0-70

The running style suits Chelmsford which is a bonus.

4 runs ago OUR OYSTER CATCHER finished 4th in a class 60, highest O.R in the race was 85. Ran as well as could be expected.

Now drops in class, with a much weaker field. I feel he will go well...

Not backing him though, just my thoughts from a 10 min look.

Good luck Mick!

With the recent contributions on here, I'm back from holiday so thought I'd post my bets today.

These are a little different as they have moved away from the ratings support and the prices are bigger but I believe they ran better than it appears and they have the class and form to win, I'm not expecting a huge strike rate with these but I won't need one.

Ascots meeting is a dodgy meeting but hopefully class and form will still prevail.

In the opener the class horse is CASPIAN PRINCE, with an Ability rating of 284.

He has been running well in higher class, last three runs 400, 280, and LTO 650.

He led at a decent pace LTO, before fading into 5th.

The winner of that race, added substance to that races form.

At 10/1 and against this field, Caspian Prince could win today at rewarding odds.

In the 2:50 the class horse on Ability is ZHUI FENG with an Ability rating of 519 (from memory)

His last three runs have been in class 210,460 and LTO beaten in class 930.

I believe his last race was better than it appears, leading at a fast pace before fading right off, the jockey didn't get too animated on him. He has now been dropped further by the handicapper.

The winner of the race Beat Le Bon added substance to the race and the race was dominated by those that were held up.

The other horse in the race and the one with the more traditional ratings is ORIGINAL CHOICE who I feel will run well also.

ZHUI FENG is well handicapped and has conditions to suit. At 17/1 on the Exchange he looked worthy of support.

Good luck today all!

Back