• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

My NH Selections

Dave

Colt
I've been far too busy today which unfortunately meant I didn't get a chance to do my blog or to post on here.

The following were horse in my tracker today and as you can see there were so many to chose from that it was just going to be too time consuming. I looked at the opening Fairyhouse race and I didn't think that Diol Ker should be favourite as he was the second string Gigginstown horse and that prove to be the case but No bet made regardless.

I did think that Fanion D'estruval was a good bet and I did have a bet along with Magic Saint. I just wish I had done the forecast but thankful I had the winner. I really didn't think On the Slopes was going to win and in all truth I fancied Fanion D'estruval the most in this race with Venetia Williams in very good form.

Protekorat won very well but no bet as I thought it was too short. The same goes for Fiston Des Issard and that one finished 2nd but I thought it would win.

I have had a bet on both Panic Attack and The Bees Knees as I feel both have a good chance at fairly decent prices

I'm still contemplating a bet on The Blue Bower. I will most likely bet having a go....

I can't see anything beating Copinet or Castana Dia but the prices put me off.

Xcelente has all its form at Southwell but any chance of reproducing that at Wolverhampton and it has place claims at 12/1. I will have a small E/W

Good luck guys with whatever you are backing

1605281263496.png

1605281050127.png

Dave

Colt
I've been far too busy today which unfortunately meant I didn't get a chance to do my blog or to post on here.

The following were horse in my tracker today and as you can see there were so many to chose from that it was just going to be too time consuming. I looked at the opening Fairyhouse race and I didn't think that Diol Ker should be favourite as he was the second string Gigginstown horse and that prove to be the case but No bet made regardless.

I did think that Fanion D'estruval was a good bet and I did have a bet along with Magic Saint. I just wish I had done the forecast but thankful I had the winner. I really didn't think On the Slopes was going to win and in all truth I fancied Fanion D'estruval the most in this race with Venetia Williams in very good form.

Protekorat won very well but no bet as I thought it was too short. The same goes for Fiston Des Issard and that one finished 2nd but I thought it would win.

I have had a bet on both Panic Attack and The Bees Knees as I feel both have a good chance at fairly decent prices

I'm still contemplating a bet on The Blue Bower. I will most likely bet having a go....

I can't see anything beating Copinet or Castana Dia but the prices put me off.

Xcelente has all its form at Southwell but any chance of reproducing that at Wolverhampton and it has place claims at 12/1. I will have a small E/W

Good luck guys with whatever you are backing

View attachment 91670

View attachment 91669
Well the Bees Knees gave me a decent run for my money but it wasn't to be. I can see some winners coming from this race as that form looked pretty strong. I will wait and look at the race times but the visual looked pretty good and a true run race..

Dave

Colt
Paddy Power Gold Cup Handicap Chase

Cheltenham 14:15

I’ve been having a look at this race last night and as usual this is a strong competitive field. The market leaders Saint Sonnet, Simply The Betts and Mister Fisher all have strong chances supporting their market position.

I've settled on having two bets in this race.

I’ve backed Al Dancer @ 10/1 E/W to be in the first 5.

He was a very good Novice Chaser over 2 miles and has proven course form having won at Cheltenham which is very important. He ran a big race behind Put The Kettle on at Cheltenham losing but giving away 10lbs. Put The Kettle then went on to win at the Cheltenham meeting in the Arkle beating the best at 2milers including Al Dancer. I backed Notepad and Put The Kettle On in that race so the result was a pleasing one for me. I must admit I was a little disappointed n Al Dancer in the Arkle as he finished 5th, he ran well but he got tapped for speed at a crucial part of the race. I believe his LTO win at Newton Abbot when stepped up in distance saw him in a better light and he recorded a good speed rating which should put him in strong contention for this race. The form of that race has worked out well as the 2nd in the race Master Tomtucker has gone on to win franking the form. t he is slightly better at the weights and up in distance and at much better odds.

He drops into handicap for the first time and at 10/1 I think he has EW chances on the first 5 home.

Please note a lot of this was written last night when I was betting and there has been a surge on Al Dancer and teh price is now much lower. Now currently 17/2.

The other bet I have had in this race is a win bet on Mister Fisher @ 11/2 I think his Cheltenham form behind Samcro,Melon and Faugheen is the strongest form on offer. He is from a yard that knows how to win big races and he will be bang on for this race.

Cheltenham 14:15 - Al Dancer @ 10/1 E/W
Cheltenham 14:15 - Mister Fisher @ 11/2 win bet

Cheltenham 15:55

The last race at Cheltenham is a listed bumper race. I’ve had two bets, one a win bet and the other is a big E/W bet.

I was massively impressed with the manner in which Elle Est Belle won her debut race at Aintree over 2M 1F. This was very impressive and one of the best bumpers I’ve seen this season. The speed ratings backs up the visual performance as she never came off the bridal. She looks a class act and 9/4 looks a very good price. The Skelton yard are bang in form and she is my banker bet of the day.

The other bet I've had in the race is Lady Jane P at a whopping 25/1 EW. She came from last to first and is sure to have improved. I'd be surprised if she is good enough to beat Elle Est Belle but she should get placed.

Cheltenham 15:55 Elle Est Belle win bet @ 9/4
Cheltenham 15:55 Lady Jane P E/W bet @ 25/1

Dave

Colt
I had a list of horses in my tracker today and forgot to add them this morning. As I have mentioned before just because they are in my tracker doesn't mean that I'm betting on them. I do go through them to see what I rate as having the best chances and back them accordingly. My biggest bet of the year went on today on Elle Est Belle and thankfully she managed to deadheat otherwise I would be feeling gutted. Looking at the photo I think she lost but I've been paid out. I think the poor light meant the steward took the safe option.

I had a bet on Mario De Pail and he won
I also had a bet on Elderado Allen and he won well. I just wasn't convinced in Fusil Raffles jumping and that proved to be right. I thought Gumball ran a huge race but tipped up at the last. He is one to keep on the right side of in the future so long as the fall hasn't impacted him.
Mister Fisher lost me money but I did win on Al Dancer and I had a small insurance bet on the winner.

I had backed The Big Lachie and Tea Clipper but both were none runners.

I couldn't see Asterion Forlonge losing but he was so short in the market he was a no bet.

Malystic won at short odds and Sir Valentine was 2nd.

Hooligan won at 6/4

1605371781684.png
1605371798677.png

Dave

Colt
I’m looking at that race after I’ve had a cuppa. What are your thoughts on it’s chances tonight?

pete

Dam
What are your thoughts on it’s chances tonight?

11/2 ish is probably a fair price.
went into notebook 2lto with a big run from off the pace at Lingfield. I think wolvs will suit, Bishop back up top is a plus. The distance would be my main worry, but has shaped like the mile+ is ok for him the last couple of runs. I'm having a go at the 11/2.

Dave

Colt
went into notebook 2lto with a big run from off the pace at Lingfield. I think wolvs will suit, Bishop back up top is a plus. The distance would be my main worry, but has shaped like the mile+ is ok for him the last couple of runs. I'm having a go at the 11/2.
I’m going to have a go with secretfact as I think the speed figures have that in with a chance. Not sure about Captain Claret don’t know enough about the horse but so trust your judgement.

Dave

Colt
Buckingham Just didn’t seem to handle the distance finished well back.

pete

Dam
Buckingham Just didn’t seem to handle the distance finished well back.

was just not there today. I think drop back to 7f and more prominent position is what is needed. He got the pace to run at today, but had nothing in the straight.

Dave

Colt

Discorama has conditions to suit and should win.​

Yesterday, was a pretty good day for the blog and some great racing from Cheltenham. I'm hoping that we get to see some more top racing this afternoon. The ground conditions will have a bigger affect today after all the rain from last night.

My NAP bet is in the Cheltenham 13:50 where I have sided with Discorama. I really see this as a three horse race between Discorama, Captain Drake and last years winner West Approach. Last year Robbie Power was riding West Approach to win this but he has elected to ride Discorama this afternoon and that in itself might be a tip. I backed Discorama last year in the Ultima Chase at the Cheltenham festival and he ran a credible 3rd. He will relish the ground conditions and he has an abundance of stamina as proven when finishing 2nd again at Cheltenham over 4 miles on Soft. He has had a recent at Galway where he ran really well and finished a very close 2nd giving weight away. That should have him spot on for today and Robbie Power is riding out of his skin. West Approach is a live danger to my selection having been there and done it. I personally don't thin the Tizzard stable are firing for whatever reason, I agree they have started to put some results together but I don't think they are quite there just yet. Captain Drake finished a good second at Uttoxeter in the Midlands National and he will also relish the ground conditions and he has the stamina to cope with this race and is unexposed.

I'm sticking with Paul Nolan's Discorama I don't think he has travelled over from Ireland if they don't think he can win this and his recent runs tells us that he is spot on for today.

Cheltenham 13:50 - Discorama win bet @ 9/4

In the Scloer Chase at Cheltenham at 14:25 I have sided with Put The Kettle On. I fully appreciate the talent of Defi Du Seuil, he is a top class chaser who won this race last year in style and has since won a couple of grade 1 races. However, he really did disappoint in the Champion Chase at last years Cheltenham Festival. He certainly had an off day and we have to assume he is over that and ready for todays encounter. I backed Put The Kettle On and Notepad in the Arkle and I was delighted when Put The Kettle On won at 20/1 for me. I have looked at the time of the Arkle race in comparison to the Champion Chase and I have to say it compares well. Both have winning form over C&D but Put The Kettle On goes very well when fresh and she gets a hefty mares allowance. The conditions will suit her down to the ground and Henry De Bromhead has travelled het over from Ireland to win this race.

Cheltenham at 14:25 - Put The Kettle On to win @ 2/1

Cheltenham at 15:00 Unibet Greatwood Hurdle - I have backed two in this race last night. Ballyandy @ 7/1 and Tegerek @ 6/1. This is such a difficult race to pick the winner as it is very competitive. Ballyandy will love the ground conditions but I'm concerned that he is lumping around top weight. He has had a recent spin at Ffos Las where he finished 2nd which should have him spot on for a big run today. He is a double C&D runner and has to be in with a good chance. Tegerek is a big danger, he is an improving sort who has a C&D win to his name having won LTO on good ground. The handicapper has hit him with a rise of 8lbs and he is stepping up in class so may find things happening a tad quicker today. Kevin Brogan is claiming 7lbs which will certainly help and he knows this horse and the course having won on him LTO. The concern I have is the going, will he be as effective with a lot of cut in the ground. I alos really like teh look of Edwardstone for Alan King guess we will just have to wait and see.

Cheltenham at 15:00 - Although I have backed two in this race it is really a hopeful bet. I would suggest that you just watch this one and enjoy it. That is unless you have something that you feel can win this.

I have also had a short priced win bet double bet on Weseekhimhere and Hollow Games
win bet double on the following:
Cheltenham 16:05 - Weseekhimhere @ 10/11
Punchestown 16:00 - Hollow Games @ 5/6

pete

Dam
Firsteen I think is still on my list too. Have not looked at the chance today. Seems a little short.

Dave

Colt
Firsteen I think is still on my list too. Have not looked at the chance today. Seems a little short.
I’ve not had a go too short like you say. My main focus was on punchestown and Cheltenham. Managed to get a nice win with pencilfuloflead I just thought if Latest Exhibition failed to fire it could be a decent price winner and it was. 👍

Dave

Colt
Wise move to leave it alone today. Poor run really not really sure what happened I don’t think the jockey knows either.