• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

My NH Selections

Dave

Colt
I'm hopefully going to have a few more winners today on this thread

Today, is a new day and hopefully a winning day.

Huntingdon 14:35 - The Late Legend - is a 7 year old gelding by Midnight Legend who is trained by Tom Weston who's yard are in great form having had 2 winners from 2 runners in the past 14 days. Sean Bowen tales the ride again having won on him LTO at Sedgefield only 6 days ago. He has been raised 6lbs by the handicapper but he looks to have a progressive profile and his recent form figures over fences are 221. Today, he faces similar ground conditions as those at Sedgefield and he has a low weight which is never a bad thing. He is dropping back to 3 miles and my only concern would be if the race comes too soon have raced only 6 days ago. That said I don't believe that was a hard race and he should be winning again today.

Huntingdon 14:35 - The Late Legend 1pt win bet @ 13/8

Huntingdon 13:30 - Northern Bound - is a 6 year old gelding by Fruits of Love, he is trained by Ben Pauling and ridden again by Luca Morgan claiming a useful 7 lbs. LTO he was a convincing winner under a good ride from Luca at Warwick over 2M 4F on good ground. He has the same conditions today and although the handicapper has raised him 6lbs and he is up in class. His win came after only his 2nd start over fences and this is a step up in class but one I feel he is up to. He will have gained experience and now has shown a winning attitude. His speed rating recorded at Warwick certainly suggest that he is up to winning in this class although it will be more competitive.

Huntingdon 13:30 - Northern Bound 1pt win bet @ 3/1

Huntingdon 13:00 - Peur De Rein
- This 7 year old gelding by Kapgarde is bred to be a top quality chaser. He is trained by Oliver Sherwood who's yard are in very good form having had 2 winners from 8 runners in the past fortnight. Jamie Bargary takes the ride today. I was very impressed with the manner in which he won LTO at Uttoxeter on his debut over fences. He jump impressively and fluently and beat a decent field by 5 lengths. The form has since been franked by the runner up. He has similar ground conditions and distance to those at Uttoxeter so all boxes look to be ticked. The big change in his performance has come about through some very good training and a leading edge wind operation. He only had 1 run last season due to this breathing problem which makes him a lightly race horse that is likely to improve again.

The handicapper has raised him for his LTO victory but he doesn't have a lot of weight to carry and he looks like he will be very competitive again today.

Huntingdon 13:00 - Peur De Rein 1pt win bet @ 3/1

I'm also going to do a reverse forecast bet with Nicky Henderson's horse Captain Woodie who I see as the biggest danger. He is by Presenting and was a decent hurdler and this will be his chasing debut. He also has had a wind operation an I'm expecting to see further improvement today.

I have had a Trixie win bet on all 3 win bet selections.

Dave

Colt
I'm hopefully going to have a few more winners today on this thread

Today, is a new day and hopefully a winning day.

Huntingdon 14:35 - The Late Legend - is a 7 year old gelding by Midnight Legend who is trained by Tom Weston who's yard are in great form having had 2 winners from 2 runners in the past 14 days. Sean Bowen tales the ride again having won on him LTO at Sedgefield only 6 days ago. He has been raised 6lbs by the handicapper but he looks to have a progressive profile and his recent form figures over fences are 221. Today, he faces similar ground conditions as those at Sedgefield and he has a low weight which is never a bad thing. He is dropping back to 3 miles and my only concern would be if the race comes too soon have raced only 6 days ago. That said I don't believe that was a hard race and he should be winning again today.

Huntingdon 14:35 - The Late Legend 1pt win bet @ 13/8

Huntingdon 13:30 - Northern Bound -
is a 6 year old gelding by Fruits of Love, he is trained by Ben Pauling and ridden again by Luca Morgan claiming a useful 7 lbs. LTO he was a convincing winner under a good ride from Luca at Warwick over 2M 4F on good ground. He has the same conditions today and although the handicapper has raised him 6lbs and he is up in class. His win came after only his 2nd start over fences and this is a step up in class but one I feel he is up to. He will have gained experience and now has shown a winning attitude. His speed rating recorded at Warwick certainly suggest that he is up to winning in this class although it will be more competitive.

Huntingdon 13:30 - Northern Bound 1pt win bet @ 3/1

Huntingdon 13:00 - Peur De Rein
- This 7 year old gelding by Kapgarde is bred to be a top quality chaser. He is trained by Oliver Sherwood who's yard are in very good form having had 2 winners from 8 runners in the past fortnight. Jamie Bargary takes the ride today. I was very impressed with the manner in which he won LTO at Uttoxeter on his debut over fences. He jump impressively and fluently and beat a decent field by 5 lengths. The form has since been franked by the runner up. He has similar ground conditions and distance to those at Uttoxeter so all boxes look to be ticked. The big change in his performance has come about through some very good training and a leading edge wind operation. He only had 1 run last season due to this breathing problem which makes him a lightly race horse that is likely to improve again.

The handicapper has raised him for his LTO victory but he doesn't have a lot of weight to carry and he looks like he will be very competitive again today.

Huntingdon 13:00 - Peur De Rein 1pt win bet @ 3/1

I'm also going to do a reverse forecast bet with Nicky Henderson's horse Captain Woodie who I see as the biggest danger. He is by Presenting and was a decent hurdler and this will be his chasing debut. He also has had a wind operation an I'm expecting to see further improvement today.

I have had a Trixie win bet on all 3 win bet selections.
Well after the first two have bombed out dreadful, I will scurry back to my hole and hide.....

Dave

Colt
Today my best bet of the day is at Carlisle in the 14:26 race where I have backed Kings Temptation E/W @ 6/1. This 8 year old gelding is by Kings Theatre and is trained by Ben Case who's yard are in winning form and he is ridden today by Sam Twiston-Davies. Sam has ridden the gelding twice and won on him once. This season he has really kicked on and has won 3 races on the spin and is looking to make it a 4 timer this afternoon. All 3 of those winning races have been at Uttoxeter over varying ground conditions, class and distances between 3 miles and 3 miles 2. His wins haven't gone unnoticed by the handicapper and his handicap mark has risen by 20lbs to a mark of 135 for today's race for those 3 wins. Looking at his LTO victory he was racing in a class 3 race and won with some authority and his jumping was very good.

We know he is racing fit and that he handles the ground conditions and distance and the yard are in winning form and he has a top class jockey on board, that ticks 5 boxes for me. The things we don't know is he has never raced on this course before and he has to cope with the weight rise. I think he will cope with both of those.

The current market favourite is Cage of Fear trained by Fergal O'Brien who's yard are in amazing form at the moment having had 6 winners from 20 runners in the past two weeks. Cage of Fear is lightly raced and has only had two chase races where he has finished 2nd and 1st and is open to improvement but for me watching his jumping is a concern. He jumps to the right and he isn't very fluent and it is for these reasons that I'm happy to take him on. The market may have it right but for me I think they have it wrong and I believe Kings Temptation is a better investment especially as I believe he will win this race but if he doesn't he shouldn't be out of the first 3.

Carlisle 14:26 - Kings Temptation 1pt E/W @ 6/1.

tacker

Gelding
Hi Dave Dave
When i looked at this race last night it was puzzling to me that now this horse is up to a mark of 135 you might think that the young lad (carver) who has ridden it on it's last 2 wins would keep the ride but he is replaced by twiston davies, still he jumps really well and hopefully makes if four today.

ps......Bryan Carver (5) is at wincanton 5.5 today riding GET THE APPEAL for Paul Nicholls, the mare won on her uk debut on this local track 2m, Flopped both times since but on soft ground and back on g-f today 2m 5f off a mark of 111 which strikes me has about right but hard to know but i thought it worth a mention.

good luck.

markfinn

Sire
Today my best bet of the day is at Carlisle in the 14:26 race where I have backed Kings Temptation E/W @ 6/1. This 8 year old gelding is by Kings Theatre and is trained by Ben Case who's yard are in winning form and he is ridden today by Sam Twiston-Davies. Sam has ridden the gelding twice and won on him once. This season he has really kicked on and has won 3 races on the spin and is looking to make it a 4 timer this afternoon. All 3 of those winning races have been at Uttoxeter over varying ground conditions, class and distances between 3 miles and 3 miles 2. His wins haven't gone unnoticed by the handicapper and his handicap mark has risen by 20lbs to a mark of 135 for today's race for those 3 wins. Looking at his LTO victory he was racing in a class 3 race and won with some authority and his jumping was very good.

We know he is racing fit and that he handles the ground conditions and distance and the yard are in winning form and he has a top class jockey on board, that ticks 5 boxes for me. The things we don't know is he has never raced on this course before and he has to cope with the weight rise. I think he will cope with both of those.

The current market favourite is Cage of Fear trained by Fergal O'Brien who's yard are in amazing form at the moment having had 6 winners from 20 runners in the past two weeks. Cage of Fear is lightly raced and has only had two chase races where he has finished 2nd and 1st and is open to improvement but for me watching his jumping is a concern. He jumps to the right and he isn't very fluent and it is for these reasons that I'm happy to take him on. The market may have it right but for me I think they have it wrong and I believe Kings Temptation is a better investment especially as I believe he will win this race but if he doesn't he shouldn't be out of the first 3.

Carlisle 14:26 - Kings Temptation 1pt E/W @ 6/1.
I have it has Jockey races- even with no course or distance record - Cage of Fear ticks many box's - I was surprised to see him fav but suppose it means the numbers do apply

1602753011725.png

good luck