• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My kennel

retriever

Gelding
I thought I'd better write something here just to mark my 'territory'.

I asked admin to set up this 'blog' really just as a place for me to pull in people who may be able to offer help in things I don't understand. I feel awkward clogging other peoples threads with irrelevant postings that could potentially add pages to them if everyone joins in.

I also have one key element that I wish to pursue and that is simply, he says :eek:, to target a profit from betting per month of 10 points. A small portfolio of 'strong' low odds systems, is the initial thought, using horse racing, football or whatever else.
Apart from the numerous tipping threads on this forum, I don't believe anyone really shows their hand with regards to 'betting to achieve a profit'......although, of course, it's a given that that is the end goal.
This will no doubt take a few months to perfect and I'm not even sure if it's feasible or achievable at this stage. The objective here is 10 points every month without fail.....

retriever

Gelding
Updated plan for June.

My original plan regarding 10 points a month needs to change with regards to the target and how I am selecting my picks. When I started my aim was to gain 0.33 points per day and my selections were mostly odds-on football, tennis and horse place betting. I was betting in markets that I had no real edge and thus returned to horse win bets in an area I have more of an understanding.

Now I'm dutching in all the 5f-5½f races, every day, which can give an average of 10 bets per day, so my monthly target needs to be higher.

This is now going to be set at 50 points and I will stop if I reach this within the month.
My bank will need to be at least 200 points. If I ever reach a level of -200 points then I will consider the bank bust.

Optimistic of course, but if you don't strive, you won't thrive.

OnTheNod

Gelding
I like the idea of more bets personally and not to exacting i dont feel it helps that much nowadays, i just worked mine out and it comes to 10.50625 each day.

But not that many two in one race selections which could work against profits, but my ways are different to yours so best try it for a while in that mode, i think 50pts is a fair goal so even if you fall short is still good going.

Good Luck!! with the project.

Last edited: