• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My horse

dave58

Administrator
I usually save this for the other bits of the forum, but as we seem to have a bit of momentum going here I will share it here.
I previously had a share in a horse called Rainbow Rebel, who not to put too fine a point on it did me proud over the years (check it out, his record is there for all to see).
I now have a small share in Hexagon who runs on Friday in the 3:15 at Newcastle.
It might be interesting to hear people's thoughts here before the race, then on the day I can share mine.

He's been declared a non runner there as he became a bit agitated in the horsebox. The vet has given him the all clear, but it is now planned to run him in the 3 :50 at Kempton on Saturday instead

dave58 dave58 i must have missed the post because i have only just seen the Lto win, Congrats to all concerned the RI comment reads positive Re future prospects.................. cruised through the race and delivered once asked for everything at the furlong marker. He's progressed with each of his four outings to date and this stiffer test was up his street. In decent hands, he's got scope to rate higher as a 3yo.

And also, how come Watson wasn't the choice for tomorrow or Saturday? Jason seemed to be improving his grip on him while he's gaining experience

dave58 dave58, how comes H is being switched from turf to a.w. Has the trainer expressed any reasons.

Arkle

Not sure arkle55 arkle55 but he originally had three entries, the one on Friday and two on Saturday at Kempton, so after he started playing up in the box the trainer decided that the shorter distance to Kempton would be better than a long journey to Newcastle.

Last edited:
Just had this

Hexagon was declared to run in the 3.15 at Newcastle on Friday, 6 September, but having travelled a short way on Thursday morning in the horse box, Hexagon became a little agitated and so he returned to Beckhampton. Roger said that his vet checked Hexagon over straight away and could find nothing wrong, but given this episode, Roger was reluctant to travel him all the way up to Newcastle. To this end, Hexagon has been declared a non-runner at Newcastle and instead he is declared to run in the following race:

Saturday, 7 September
3.50 Kempton - Sun Nursery Handicap (Class 4) 1m

There are five runners and Tom Greatrex (5) rides. Hexagon is drawn in stall five.

Roger Charlton says that Hexagon seems fine this morning and so he is confirmed to run at Kempton on Saturday. Roger says the step up to a mile should suit and while this race will mark Hexagon's all-weather debut, Roger doesn't see any reason why the surface should not suit. Roger says Hexagon has been in good form at home and having gone up 3lb for his win at Ffos Las last time, providing Hexagon can improve again, Roger hopes he can acquit himself well again.

Our view: Though only five runners have been declared for this race, it should be an interesting contest as it includes horses from some of Flat racing's major and in-form yards. At the head of the weights is Godolphin's unexposed Dubai Souq, who won a 1m ½f maiden at Wolverhampton last time. That was his third race to date, but his first over 1m, and he could improve again. Archie Watson's team are in excellent form and his runner, Dramatic Sands, looked as though he bumped into a useful rival last time at Windsor. Mark Johnston's African Swift is to be respected on his handicap debut in this race, having looked a touch outpaced in what was probably a decent 7f maiden at York's Ebor meeting last time and he should be suited by the step up to a mile. Richard Hannon's Always Fearless is one of the more exposed horses in the field and though he is still a maiden after five starts, he ran well when second on his handicap debut at Salisbury last time.

Hexagon seems reasonably versatile regarding going, so the all-weather surface should be fine. Although he doesn't have an ideal draw, as the form of his earlier races continues to work out, we hope that he may be open to further improvement on this first run over a mile, having held on well over 7½f on softish ground at Ffos Las last time, and hope that apprentice jockey Tom Greatrex's 5lb claim can help him in what looks a small but competitive handicap.

We consider a value price for Hexagon to be 5/2

Don't know whether you watched his last race but from a poor start he was a fast finishing second.

Needed every yard of the last race at Kempton and more.
Was never stopping when winning at Lingfield Turf.
Do you think this track will suit?
Do you not think that a few will have that kick off the last turn whilst your horse would love a scrap in a long run in?
Is this track too sharp n fast?
Would it love a fast run race though?
Sorry about all the questions above, I’m no expert but I would have thought it wiuld be stepped up in trip now at a different track. Maybe Haydock or such.
Best of luck

Way back in July the trainer said that he would be looking to place him in nursery handicaps over further, so this placing isn't any surprise. He was originally entered into a very hot race in September but I think at present the trainer is seeing just how versatile he is.

Missed it too, we have been having intermittent power cuts here for the last few days and it always seems to happen when you least want it to!!!!
Came third, so at the price I got I made a small profit on the e/w.

Just watched the replay, yes it ran very well was up there from the start and still staying on at the finish.
Winner as usual with Lingfield had that finishing kick.
I thought H Palmers Incinerator was quite eye catching in 4th.

Back