• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

My Bets

Right gonna start this again , coming from a different angle .. wont be a bet every day and hopefully can make a profit , usual stuff from me ie Course form , trainer and jockey form etc ... anyways see how it does , fingers crossed !!

Friday 5th August

4.00 Thirsk - Brazen Idol 1 Point Win @ 7/2 (365)
BRAZEN IDOL comes into this on the back of a solid win over CD last time out , beating Dreamcasing by a length and considering he was a bit slow off the mark at the start and found a bit of trouble in running I'd say that was a good win. That was his first run here and was also Pat Cosgrave's first time on the horse , so they'll both be wanting to keep their record intact. Its the jockeys only ride of the day and he has a 16% strike rate over the past fortnight which isnt too shabby , whilst trainer Simon Pearce is also here just for the one runner and he's enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 40% SR in the past three weeks and has a 50% strike rate at the track , so probably worth taking note of the runner he's brought here as its quite a schlepp from Newmarket to Thirsk just for a day out.

Friday 5th August

4.00 Thirsk - Brazen Idol 1 Point Win @ 7/2 (365)
BRAZEN IDOL comes into this on the back of a solid win over CD last time out , beating Dreamcasing by a length and considering he was a bit slow off the mark at the start and found a bit of trouble in running I'd say that was a good win. That was his first run here and was also Pat Cosgrave's first time on the horse , so they'll both be wanting to keep their record intact. Its the jockeys only ride of the day and he has a 16% strike rate over the past fortnight which isnt too shabby , whilst trainer Simon Pearce is also here just for the one runner and he's enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 40% SR in the past three weeks and has a 50% strike rate at the track , so probably worth taking note of the runner he's brought here as its quite a schlepp from Newmarket to Thirsk just for a day out.
Good luck Sean nice to see this one back

Friday 5th August

4.00 Thirsk - Brazen Idol 1 Point Win @ 7/2 (365) :handgestures-thumbup: 1st 11/8 (15p Rule 4 on EP)

Nothing for Saturday 6th August , a few caught my eye with one in particular standing out , Epsom Faithfull in the 1.35 Ascot , but i'm not a great fan of the Shergar Cup to be totally honest , and i'm not gonna have a punt when i really know next to nothing about the jockeys involved (i know the jock on board Epsom Faithfull won the Arc last year but thats about it tbh) so best to leave it alone and move forward to Sunday

Done the right thing in giving Epsom Faithfull a miss today , who could only manage 5th

Nothing again for tomorrow , Sunday 7th August , a few caught my eye ,a trio in particular .. Grey Fox in the 4.40 Windsor but decided against it as a couple of others also stand out to my eye namely Asdaa and Savrola , another race was the 6.45 Haydock where a couple were noted for the shortlist , Frankenstella and Arctic Fox , both backable prices to be honest , 11/1 and 13/2 respectively , and i was tempted to do both to 0.5 Point each ways but after a long ponder i thought it would be more advisable to swerve (watch them come 1st and 2nd now !) , as theres a few in the race who look as though they could win this , anyways a blank day , so at least its a no loser day :) .. onto Monday ..

I fancied it like i said K kralken but this Shergar Cup thing aint a betting thing for me , some of the jocks are unknown to me , most probably havent sat on the horse , rode the course , so thought it a wiser thing to give it a

Done the right thing in giving Epsom Faithfull a miss today , who could only manage 5th

Nothing again for tomorrow , Sunday 7th August , a few caught my eye ,a trio in particular .. Grey Fox in the 4.40 Windsor but decided against it as a couple of others also stand out to my eye namely Asdaa and Savrola , another race was the 6.45 Haydock where a couple were noted for the shortlist , Frankenstella and Arctic Fox , both backable prices to be honest , 11/1 and 13/2 respectively , and i was tempted to do both to 0.5 Point each ways but after a long ponder i thought it would be more advisable to swerve (watch them come 1st and 2nd now !) , as theres a few in the race who look as though they could win this , anyways a blank day , so at least its a no loser day :) .. onto Monday ..
I always find July and August are my least favourite betting months , I think the small field sizes and short priced favourites are not for me. Give me 16 runner handicaps with 5/1 the field

Back